Not being able to solo open Tier 2 and above rifts is a huge mistake. Good job Anet

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Kelein.5836 said:

You could do all the past story solo if you wanted to : on Soto you must do a T2 rift for story purpose, and you can't solo it. 

You don't have to do it. I got the boss to spawn, left to play WvW and when I came back I just did T1 rifts, story progressed without issues.

Then again, with the state of balance in the game soloing T2 bounties isn't exactly a difficult thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have had no issue opening t2 rift solo, and Lord Hizen vids on solo ow builds showcase him using those builds against t3 rift bosses, and I would not expect him to grab people to open rifts for him then just buggering away....

So I have no idea which "inability to open solo" OP is refering to.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, azorean.1850 said:

no its not, this isnt a single player game

then again, if you have a t2 rift and you're the only one there... I think that's what the Op is talking about. If rifts require you to group up before going there, well, that's very unlike GW2 OW content. I mean you even have to beat a t2 rift for the story line. I was just lucky that one other player showed up after I killed the mobs and waithing for the boss to spawn, and towards the end of it another player showed up. It was fine but it wasn't fun like that and if I had to do it all solo, it might've taken too long. There was a timer after all and I'm not a dps god.

Personally, I find the whole system around rift hunting with motivators very cumbersome as it is, not to say annoying. The UI doesn't help either. And also when I just do regular rifts, it's already a matter of getting there very quickly or being too late. Considering how far they can be, it can be discouraging when you get there just when it's finished. 

And you know, you say it isn't a single-player game, which in fact it isn't, but answer me this question: Why is most of the content in GW2 aimed at solo players?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Not to defend the rift design, but you shouldn’t have trouble getting people to a t2 rift if you call out in chat. Plenty of people would be happy to leech off your t2 motivation.

Fair point. I guesss I was too involved in my annoyance to have to do yet another rift as part of the storyline that I didn't think about that. Still I was fine in the end as a couple of people did show up by the time the champion boss came around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

then again, if you have a t2 rift and you're the only one there... I think that's what the Op is talking about. If rifts require you to group up before going there, well, that's very unlike GW2 OW content. I mean you even have to beat a t2 rift for the story line. I was just lucky that one other player showed up after I killed the mobs and waithing for the boss to spawn, and towards the end of it another player showed up. It was fine but it wasn't fun like that and if I had to do it all solo, it might've taken too long. There was a timer after all and I'm not a dps god.

Personally, I find the whole system around rift hunting with motivators very cumbersome as it is, not to say annoying. The UI doesn't help either. And also when I just do regular rifts, it's already a matter of getting there very quickly or being too late. Considering how far they can be, it can be discouraging when you get there just when it's finished. 

And you know, you say it isn't a single-player game, which in fact it isn't, but answer me this question: Why is most of the content in GW2 aimed at solo players?

You can solo them, but there's no reason you should if you don't want to.  Simply tag up and put out a call.  Other players want in on the t2 and t3 essences which are expensive to gather on their own.  They'll show up to help if only to get in on those free essences.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Not to defend the rift design, but you shouldn’t have trouble getting people to a t2 rift if you call out in chat. Plenty of people would be happy to leech off your t2 motivation.

Me! And I bring motivation! Good, bad, indifferent- I’m choosing to follow the path of what I have to make 1 set of armor. I’ll evaluate after that what method I’ll use to make the other two sets. I definitely don’t have a super solo build, so could use help! 😊

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

You can easly solo tier 2 rift, your just not good enough at the game/build craft. Sorry it may sound rought but the the easiet way to tell you.

I'm just talking about a possible scenario. Don't worry about me, I'm just fine. I've played this game for many years and have made it so far. I solo'd it just fine until the champion boss came, but by then I got help of another player and even just the two of us were doing fine. To be honest, I'm just not interested in soloing champions. Takes too long and the fights are boring. However, I shared this scenario because I can imagine other players not being able to do this. And to say that anyone is not good enough at the game is just an unnecessary remark. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Spook.5847 said:

Pretty sick of hearing this line from white knights.  Games are about choice and having fun - not regimented orders from on high.  That type of attitude is why people leave.

Are you sure they are not a black knight, asian knight, arab knight or hispanic knight?

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Which I did. I was just surprised by the lack of people in map chat calling out rifts, but then again I'm seeing that perhaps the new maps are the wrong place to do them.

And the premise of this thread is OP compleining that it is systematically locked out option, which would mean you would not be able to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, illuminati.8453 said:

Honestly, the whole situation is going to get worse not better.  At some point, the grinders will no longer need essences and things will start to become more difficult.  You can see this in some of the Aurora/Vision stuff.  

I haven’t experienced that doing Vision/Aurora myself, nor accompanying someone doing Vision even more recently. With map chat, mentor tag, and LW daily those achievements don’t have huge hurdles.

• Sad 1