Cooldown on CC?

chripsy.1027

43 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

L2P issue.

Ah, the welcoming and friendly WvW community at work once again. While I agree with you on the subject, this is a really toxic way to deliver the message.

BTT: Stability is king in WvW, but I honestly would like some sort of "diminishing returns" when it comes to chain cc.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Ah, the welcoming and friendly WvW community at work once again. While I agree with you on the subject, this is a really toxic way to deliver the message.

BTT: Stability is king in WvW, but I honestly would like some sort of "diminishing returns" when it comes to chain cc.

No, this was just a succinct response. There was no toxicity there.

Now if I did want to be toxic, there are links for that...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Fought a tempest that kept dropping cc's one after another yesterday, it was annoying to fight.

Some classes just have too much... 😒

Yeah like warrior 😂 I have a clip of me being cc'd like 17 times in the span of ~1 minute 😂

Anyway yeah a CD on cc would be lovely. Its a good mechanic for breaking through tanky builds but it's also nice to be able to .. you know, play the game.

And anyone saying "just use stability" like ppl can't read your boon bar... Just dodge just cleanse just slot stab just kill it in one hit just stop posting lmao

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Among most other things, DAOC had perfect solution for that, too...after CC, you had double long duration immunity, but only to same type of CC...

so after you removed 11s stun stun, you were immune for 22s, but you still could be rooted or mezzed

Fun fact: those for GW2 standards enormous 11s DAOC stuns were less annoying than GW2 short ones

Edited by Nikola.3841
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Yeah like warrior 😂 I have a clip of me being cc'd like 17 times in the span of ~1 minute 😂

Anyway yeah a CD on cc would be lovely. Its a good mechanic for breaking through tanky builds but it's also nice to be able to .. you know, play the game.

And anyone saying "just use stability" like ppl can't read your boon bar... Just dodge just cleanse just slot stab just kill it in one hit just stop posting lmao

I'm going to Paraphrase @Azure The Heartless.3261 here: If you've used all your defensive CDs that warrior deserves to free cast on you as their reward for managing your CDs.

Also, 17 times in 1 minute? You couldn't dodge one of those and blow some mobility for breathing room even once? Really? You had a whole minute there to reevaluate your strategy.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

💀🍿 You gonna uh

You gonna show us?

17 times in the span of ~1 minute

And you didnt die until the end of that? that's crazy

I am tired of being permanently CC'd. What are everyones thoughts on a cooldown on CC? Something like once you have been CC'd, you can't be CC'd again for 5(?) seconds?

Okay, but you take damage instead. You can either get stunned for 7 damage, or get to walk out of it but take 3-4k. You got hit by a move, something should happen to you. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

This. Even a single stack for just 2 seconds would make a world of difference. I'm dissapointed something like this hasn't been implemented yet.

No. There are traits for 8 of the 9 professions that grant stability through other means, as well as through utility skills. Manage them better, otherwise you're going to have to live with adding damage back to every CC.

What you are asking for here is the equivalent to asking for 2-3s of resistance on any condi cleanse. I can already tell you that would be unhealthy.

Instead of QQing here, learn to manage your resources better.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No. There are traits for 8 of the 9 professions that grant stability through other means, as well as through utility skills. Manage them better, otherwise you're going to have to live with adding damage back to every CC.

Regardless of stability or damage on CCs, using a stun break and getting immediately CCed again immediately after, and then breaking the stun again and getting CCed yet again is extremely frustrating and very unhealthy gameplay, there's nothing you can realistically do unless you have some source of stability, which massively devalues stunbreaks in heavy CC inviroments such as WvW when you don't have any stability, which it happens, very often.

What you are asking for here is the equivalent to asking for 2-3s of resistance on any condi cleanse. I can already tell you that would be unhealthy.

False equivalency, both situations are not even remotely comparable, noone is asking for 2 seconds of resistance on cleanse either. If 2 seconds is too much, 1 stack 1 second would be enough time to be able to dodge or use a defensive skill. Breaking a stun needs to provide a brief breathing room, period.

Instead of QQing here, learn to manage your resources better.

And the childish condescending remark to top it off.

Edited by Khenzy.9348
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Can I see the clip of you getting clapped by a Warrior? Love to see some good Warrior clips. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

Regardless of stability or damage on CCs, using a stun break and getting immediately CCed again immediately after, and then breaking the stun again and getting CCed yet again is extremely frustrating and very unhealthy gameplay, there's nothing you can realistically do unless you have some source of stability, which massively devalues stunbreaks in heavy CC inviroments such as WvW when you don't have any stability, which it happens, very often.

Why are you stun breaking into another stun? Read the other players animations better. If this in a zerg v zerg then why are you so far away from your FB? Improve your gameplay.

False equivalency, both situations are not even remotely comparable, noone is asking for 2 seconds of resistance on cleanse either. If 2 seconds is too much, 1 stack 1 second would be enough time to be able to dodge or use a defensive skill. Breaking a stun needs to provide a brief breathing room, period.

Except it isn't. Blinds and immobs remove agency just like hard CCs do. Breaking a stun does provide breathing room, you just need to use them better.

Childish it is not. Condescending sure I'll give you that, because instead of coming here and asking "Hey guys I'm getting stunned a lot, what am I doing wrong?" its "Oh my God I'm getting stunned a lot, Anet give me more stability." That is worthy of giving you flak.

If that is your approach, then all the stability in the world isn't going to help improve your gameplay. You'll just be back here complaining about that stability getting ripped or corrupted into fear and you'll still be stun breaking into another stun. Improve your gameplay.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1. Some people are fully capable while running and kiting. Those builds would have a huge advantage if there were a cooldown on Control.

10 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

That scenario is likely due to how most of the playerbase plays. Anet can't force people to play more carefully and with more foresight but changing a key mechanic like that to favor builds that can mitigate and heavy attack while kiting would be problematic. 

I would like to fill out my build slots with other stuff but I'm not sticking around for more than a couple of those CC's. More than once and it's likely I'm being squad focused and it's time to bounce or break line of site.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

That was like watching a clubbing of a baby seal, that thief was... yeah... 😏

Yeah... 😉but I swear this one was made of rubber, or it might be my all powerful undodgeable cc weapons that were forged in the most mystic of toilets I think Zommorrous scammed me of Legendary status weapons 🤭 wheres my 30 crit damage cc am I right? 🤣😂