[Feedback] Kryptis Skyscale Skin - A New Look - P.S. Not Worth 300g [Merged]

3 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I did see the skin yesterday, briefly, the person flew off before I could get a good look.  I'm closing in on finishing A New Friend (the essences hurt to spend on it when I know I need them for other things that will lead to legendary armor) and then will have to decide if the effort and cost is worth it for the skin.  Threads like this help me weigh that decision, though I think I'm tilting towards going for the skin.  Mostly I resent using up massive amounts of mats that I will need for other more utility things.  I've paused working on Aurene legendaries since there is overlap in mats with the armor, and haven't gotten a legendary starter kit for the same reason (though I suppose pieces of that could be stashed for later use or I could go ahead and get another legendary so I can dual wield something).

Get the legendary starter kit - you can always stash it for later, and with a bit of luck, next season you might get a legendary starter kit that gives you the other side of the gifts of might/magic and be able to craft a very cheap legendary. The starter kit is a good deal even if all you do with it is to use the gift of might or magic to go towards crafting another legendary altogether.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:43 PM, Taclism.2406 said:

"ThE DeVs"
Market prices are player controled => Every time there's a new (mount) collection, that's obvious flipping material. I paid 4 silver for the turtle's 250 strawberry, 2 days later it was 4 silver PER strawberry.
Fill your material bank if you don't wanna suffer from those price variation, prevents most issues in the first place.

market price are not in player control what makes u think that?

its a world created by devs

they can add items in low or high supply

thats like saying gold value is market price only

gold is rare and comes with unique characteristics so the value is high. it cant be human made since u need a sun explode to create it 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

You're literally wrong. At best, devs control (daily) maximum access to ressources and the minimum value of said item (vendor price).
Players absolutely control AH prices. They all adjust to offer & demand. How do you think, in my previous exemple, the price switched from 4 silver for 250 strawberries ; to 4 silver PER strawberry over 48h? One dev woke up and thought "LETS SCAM THE PLAYERBASE LOL" ?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Honestly, you can farm the materials needed and would still come out ahead of the total time it would have taken had you tried to unlock it the original way. 

Doesn't matter when I unlocked it many years ago. Just a waste of time/money to repeat.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

You're literally wrong. At best, devs control (daily) maximum access to ressources and the minimum value of said item (vendor price).
Players absolutely control AH prices. They all adjust to offer & demand. How do you think, in my previous exemple, the price switched from 4 silver for 250 strawberries ; to 4 silver PER strawberry over 48h? One dev woke up and thought "LETS SCAM THE PLAYERBASE LOL" ?!

ok explain how a player can manipulate straberries that they cost 1 g each

if u can do that than i believe u that players are that mighty

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

ok explain how a player can manipulate straberries that they cost 1 g each

if u can do that than i believe u that players are that mighty

*looks at when a single player managed to explode the mystic coin market to 2.2g each for quite a while, and, when he got banned and his nonsense got removed from the market, the price plummeted instantly*

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

*looks at when a single player managed to explode the mystic coin market to 2.2g each for quite a while, and, when he got banned and his nonsense got removed from the market, the price plummeted instantly*

or did price plumed bcs more ways to get MC?

MCs cost 1-1,5 g without manipulation since the game started.

yes prices flactuate but they are not fully in players control supply is made by devs and demand can be extremly influenced by devs as well

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

so u say player just woke up and said i want pay 4 silver? lol 

really wonder how ppl can't see cause before effect

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

🙄 No, I'm telling you a few players bought a massive stock for a very low value, and resold it for a much higher price. Players making profits off other players. Price gouging if you prefer. Why farm if you can make100x more off other people completing their new mount collection - which is obviously gonna be high demand. Strawberries had the extra perk of going from "literally useless and valueless" to "hot new thing everyone wants 250 of", so the price increase wasnt 200% or 300% , but over x100

And yes players still wanted their mount enough to pay that high for a while, then the demand for it (and price) lowered back to what it is now

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Funny thing is that before launch it looked like a consolation award for those that had gotten the Skyscale the old way.

Instead…

It never "looked" like that, they outright said you need to complete the new collection to get the skin. 

After you complete the Flight Training Mastery line and the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure skyscale collection, a new collection will open up that awards a Kryptis-themed skyscale skin.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/soaring-with-the-skyscale/

• Like 1

This game has zero gear grind, zero items to RNG on for you to progress in better damage for boss fights. In fact this game has zero reward for better DPS gear off boss fights. There's nothing to really do in this game than the end goal: farm glams/looks with the occasional story for you to enjoy. (yes, you do grind legendary gear but it's dmd is no different than asc. geared, you're grinding a look and life of quality for the set)

While farming for the looks in this game you're going to make a lot of gold and then some. If you want a free-reward system then I would suggest World of Warcraft because that's what their game is famous for; instant gratification with little to no effort with easy boss fights.

GW2 is about farming gold and getting gear looks and maybe obtaining some quality of life items, be it in store or legendary gear, and that's really all GW2 is.

So if you're upset about 250g and more spend on a mount in this game then maybe look back to the games you played. Compare their reward systems, or lack of, to GW2 and ask: is this the game for you?

1 hour ago, Sime.3681 said:

It never "looked" like that, they outright said you need to complete the new collection to get the skin. 

After you complete the Flight Training Mastery line and the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure skyscale collection, a new collection will open up that awards a Kryptis-themed skyscale skin.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/soaring-with-the-skyscale/

The devil, as always, is in the details.

• Haha 1

Let me get this strait. There is no real reason for getting the new skyscale other than achievement points ( and something to do ) and a different skin?

I guess what I'm saying, is it just another mount that does the same thing but has a different skin.

I may still do it, but it would be nice if it could do something the old one can't do.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2023 at 10:18 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

so u say player just woke up and said i want pay 4 silver? lol 

really wonder how ppl can't see cause before effect

a lot downvotes noone able to show an argument how player can control prices. minimal adjust by demand thats all.

believe is stronger than facts i guess

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to [Feedback] Kryptis Skyscale Skin - A New Look - P.S. Not Worth 300g [Merged]