[Feedback] Kryptis Skyscale Skin - A New Look - P.S. Not Worth 300g [Merged]

13 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

thats not control price

u know what control means ?

I guess not, apparently. If someone is able to kitten around with the market and artificially keep mystic coin prices high for months until he got permabanned and his bad buy/sell orders removed from the market, getting rid of the "Mystic Coin Wall," because he was angy about being banned from the Exchange or whatever, I'm not sure what else is considered "controlling the market."

So, yeah. I gave you an example. I'm going to throw out a wild guess that you didn't look it up, and I don't feel like risking the wrath of the forum mods by posting links to it. You're not going to listen to me or anyone else who's told you you're wrong and potentially naive as to the effect certain players (who literally just SpreadsheetsOnline this game) can do if they really wanted to.

So we can control our prices, you're halfway there. Now consider that argument earlier about demand, offer & price.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/12253-Strawberry > scroll down > press all on the timeline > check prices, demand & supply before and post EoD
21 february : 
- 2 900 000 sell offer for 6 copper
- 5 900 buy offer for 4 copper

11 march
- 65 000 sell offer for 6.3 silver
- 42 000 buy offer for 5.5 silver.

What happened between the two? People at EoD release saw the collection asked for 250 strawberry and that there was literal millions of supply for dirt cheap. For access to a literal box feature that was the turtle. It was obviously not a single person (althought that's not that impossible, at 6 copper you'd "only" need a bit below 2k gold to buy all 3mil strawberries) but it remains obviously players-controled price inflation

Now if that's still not "control" by your definition, then you may also argue we don't even control our character either ? Input delay, server lag , etc ; thats not 100% under our control.

EDIT : So this is just about your definition of (absolute) control, what have TOS to do with this?
Controling ≠ Owning
The only time devs actively meddled with the economy was when they kept nerfing players solutions to cut costs on research notes (T1, then potions, then coffee, then some more).
They might balance how available or not ressources are, but by your own definition, they can't control player behaviour (demand & offer) - only suggest 😉

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

So we can control our prices, you're halfway there. Now consider that argument earlier about demand, offer & price.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/12253-Strawberry > scroll down > press all on the timeline > check prices, demand & supply before and post EoD
21 february : 
- 2 900 000 sell offer for 6 copper
- 5 900 buy offer for 4 copper

11 march
- 65 000 sell offer for 6.3 silver
- 42 000 buy offer for 5.5 silver.

What happened between the two? People at EoD release saw the collection asked for 250 strawberry and that there was literal millions of supply for dirt cheap. For access to a literal box feature that was the turtle. It was obviously not a single person (althought that's not that impossible, at 6 copper you'd "only" need a bit below 2k gold to buy all 3mil strawberries) but it remains obviously players-controled price inflation

Now if that's still not "control" by your definition, then you may also argue we don't even control our character either ? Input delay, server lag , etc ; thats not 100% under our control.

last comment from me 

In a Digital world where the Devs control the demand (via recipes or other stuff) and supply RNG or the lack off. There is no true player control about the prices.

Lets say MC cost 1 G now u ask 1 G u are in control ppl buy---- but now anet increases the supply and lowers demand ur mystic coin jumps to 1 copper.

U can see now that u are not in control here?

and yes Im also not in control about my char its property of Anet read the Toss

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I apologize that I haven't checked on my topic- it has been a while. I see that @hugo.4705 forum topic was merged into mine; I'd like to give credit to this person for the breakdown of the Gold cost in relation to the Kyrptis Skyscale Skin from A New Look achievement. - You're awesome. ❤️

Kind of odd to see Gold & Gem Conversion discussion devolve into Trade Post manipulation and Mystic Coins. I'd just recommend commenting about a general experience to obtain the, Kyrptis Skyscale Skin, it's more on topic. I digress.

I'm getting the sense that everyone is in agreement that 265-300g for a in-game collection is a lot for a new player and even if it is less than spending upwards of 140-700g for 400-2,000 worth of gems for a Gemstore mount skin- also speculation of the Kryptis Skyscale falling into the 1,600 gem range, if it was a skin on the Gemstore. I'll repeat my opinion that the skin still lacks a lot of visual flair compared to other skins and that's still a aspect of disappointment for me (once again do something about it Anet).
I'm glad this topic is helpful for weighing the Player's cost of time and gold to obtain this skin. Good luck with w/e you may do.

Thanks for reading and commenting. ❤️

Edited by Tearthy Flame.1463
Properly crediting.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 3:25 PM, Tearthy Flame.1463 said:

m getting the sense that everyone is in agreement that 265-300g for a in-game collection

It's only that much for those that insist on buying the items off the TP during the first few weeks.  You're paying a premium to have it now.

Edited by enigmatic.3576

On 9/1/2023 at 3:35 AM, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

I make I thiiiiink 30+ gold (depending on market) about every 10 days just by looting five jade runestone boxes with characters I parked at those boxes. 265g or even saving materials that you get from just playing the game even casually is practically nothing after this long. Plus the free 90g from Wizard's Vault + the heavy bags + mystic coins that you can get within 2 weeks of dailies/weeklies that you can literally turn into gold by selling them. Why would you swipe your credit card for it or even marry the game when you can do things over time? If the skin isn't a limited time item, why do you need it "now"? 😐 Y'all are wild.

Don't get the griffon, I guess, because it's a mandatory 250g.

Park where? please

• Confused 1

I make I thiiiiink 30+ gold (depending on market) about every 10 days just by looting five jade runestone boxes with characters I parked at those boxes. 265g or even saving materials that you get from just playing the game even casually is practically nothing after this long. Plus the free 90g from Wizard's Vault + the heavy bags + mystic coins that you can get within 2 weeks of dailies/weeklies that you can literally turn into gold by selling them. Why would you swipe your credit card for it or even marry the game when you can do things over time? If the skin isn't a limited time item, why do you need it "now"? 😐 Y'all are wild.

Park where? please

• Confused 1

Park where? please

• Confused 1

So this kryptis skyscale skin is just flat texture and has no kryptis features at all. If you look closely to kryptis and Nayos textures they are all look like ‘boiling’. I think this is an oversight or rushed release same as how new Soto story achievements are just added this week after the actual release, I expect Anet to update Kryptis Skyscale to actually have its missing features. 
@Rubi Bayer.8493

I, on the other hand, think they did a stellar job replicating the fashion "soul" of a partially de-beaked farm chicken mixed with a dash of Jay Lenos chin.

I don't use it, but any fashion pleb can observe that Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit helped to give it that sultry stare that will be haunti-... uh blessing the runway at every fashion event it goes on.

A slow clap for the non gem store skin that Anet made.

They could have given you a purposefully ugly skin that will still get you to buy gem store skins anyway just so they could say there is technically a non gem store skin available now, but instead they... what was I saying again?

Edited by Sahfur.5612
  • Haha 3

Prediction: In the not too distant future. a remarkably similar "Kryptis-esque" skin will be added to the BLTP. Maybe with a tail lol. 

I hadn't seen the skin and started a new friend. Then I saw it, sold my ss food and waved goodbye. To me it's too grotesque looking. But for some that is what they want so not going to knock it. Just not for me.

Edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 3:24 AM, Tearthy Flame.1463 said:

I'm exhausted... Obtaining the Kryptis Skyscale Skin was extremely tedious and an epic gold sink, in total it was around 300g in materials. /snip

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't aware that the two achievements were this grindy (and expensive). At least now I know not to bother with those lol, since I already have the skyscale anyway.  And put A New friend as a the time limited Special in the Wizard's Vault feels kind of evil considering how expensive the collection is since it adds an artificial pressure for those who are susceptible to that. There is no time limit on the collections themselves after all (I think).

Edited by aikatara.3462

9 minutes ago, aikatara.3462 said:

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't aware that the two achievements were this grindy (and expensive). At least now I know not to bother with those lol, since I already have the skyscale anyway.  And put A New friend as a the time limited Special in the Wizard's Vault feels kind of evil considering how expensive the collection is since it adds an artificial pressure for those who are susceptible to that. There is no time limit on the collections themselves after all (I think).

Got that skin unlocked and I have to admit it doesn't look as good as the default skin or any other skin for Skyscale on the same setting for texture and character model.

Also what did they do to my Skyscales nose? 😱It looks like my Skyscale had a crash with a wall too many and lost its face somewhere...and its pretty nose.

Griffon skin from Wizard's Vault have much better texture and looks right for being a ride for a Wizard, Skyscale on the other hand looks like it lost everything that made it a Skyscale (nose and tail). It isn't even a Kryptis that would scare away any other Kryptis to do stupid things against nice people of that fractal world that those Wizard messed up.

On 8/31/2023 at 6:35 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Sometimes I can't wrap my head around how people can think 265g is alot of money. 

But I suppose for a new player thats alot because they don't know how to make gold yet. 

The month before SotO, I made over 500g just by casually playing around. Didn't even farm or anything. And I didn't even cash in on everything I could. 

Because earning gold isn't very intuitive and if your experience was everyones the gem store would have massive inflation or your sources would be nerfed. A lot of the ways you make money as a veteran would be selling mats etc which newer players are stockpiling, using them for ecto refinement, etc. It's also not very clear what's the most profitable activities to engage in. There's also a lot of gold sinks in the game for newer players and if you sink it in the wrong place it's more difficult to recover from. Been trying to understand gw2effeciency better but even that feels like a rabbit hole

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, thorrand.6548 said:

Because earning gold isn't very intuitive and if your experience was everyones the gem store would have massive inflation or your sources would be nerfed. A lot of the ways you make money as a veteran would be selling mats etc which newer players are stockpiling, using them for ecto refinement, etc. It's also not very clear what's the most profitable activities to engage in. There's also a lot of gold sinks in the game for newer players and if you sink it in the wrong place it's more difficult to recover from. Been trying to understand gw2effeciency better but even that feels like a rabbit hole

I can agree here.