Please remove Def event from daylies and weeklies

bluberblasen.9684

Opposing to name and intention your (nearly) only chance getting a defense event for a tower is conquering a defended tower and cleaning the remaining defender after capture as they trigger an defense event immediately.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3

I haven't completed the Tower defender since the "Wall-Repair-Nerf" (in April ?) and settled for the first chest only (three WvW weekly, what ever triggers first from the list). Perhaps keeping the defence dailies/weeklies in the rotation triggers enough new & casual players to complain on the forums, so that ANet devs finally give us a statement about how broken the participation to defence events in WvW really is? As far as I know, we haven't had any post about that mess here on the forums. Lamenting about the Valdhertz mini dungeon worked (that really is broken since the release of EoD and everyone just ignored it so far). Perhaps something will happen with WvW defence as well.

After about 2 hours of roaming arround and killing players i was 5/10 already, without even focusing on defending specifically. Probably the only achievement that is not easier done zerging than roaming. Considering that every single other WvW achievement is much easier done the more players you have arround you, i think it is only fair to keep the one exception.

• Confused 2

As long as it's not popping up on every daily list, I'm fine with it...it's getting "kill 3 enemy players" every single day that is getting monotonous...not hard, but it probably points to a severe lack of other possible WvW dailies in the current system.  I guess Big Spender bit the dust, as I haven't seen that one at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

As long as it's not popping up on every daily list, I'm fine with it...it's getting "kill 3 enemy players" every single day that is getting monotonous...not hard, but it probably points to a severe lack of other possible WvW dailies in the current system.  I guess Big Spender bit the dust, as I haven't seen that one at all.

I actually like that the dailies complete more or less automatically by just playing normally (logged in for half an hour today after reset and without even paying attention what they were, when I logged off I had the dailies done). Good riddance especially to veteran creature slayer. I hope they nuked it and it's not that I just haven't gotten it yet.

• Like 1

It's dumb.  Either you sit in EBG or somewhere with a tower wall open and a gank squad at a time where population isn't dead and can maybe get it, or you just don't get it at all due to the way it works.  

Just replace it with 'kill x invader' ones and be done, both are defending but if you kill someone it doesn't have to be in a specific area to hope it triggers.  

An analogue is 'kill x invaders in the ruins'--no one would do this because you'd have to make sure the opponent is on a ruin to trigger and there isn't much benefit to ruins.  No different for towers--keeps maybe since it's easier to get groups to come to those, but towers need to go.  

The WVW setup is pretty embarrassing, with stuff like OS and EOTM.  They just don't have enough weeklies.

Defense should be 3 and yaks should be 5 and there needs to be more kill things weeklies.

But the weeklies as a whole are kinda bad. Like PvE has kill 100 of a specific enemy or do some terrible meta. By that comparison it is much worse.

Making it 4/8 or allowing mix and match like before would solve a lot of problems.

On 8/31/2023 at 2:12 AM, babana.7521 said:

I completed every weeklies since its launch, including Tower Defender and Keep Keeper. 
going to complete another 10 defender daily today
https://ibb.co/cThFBgr

And Its done
https://ibb.co/QYNWXrc

Well maybe you should realize people play the game differently than you.

I got the vault weekly done in a  day and I still think it's a bad system.

Also flexing about 4/6? Weak.  https://i.imgur.com/eAErxve.png https://i.imgur.com/Nc2VGSY.png

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

4 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The WVW setup is pretty embarrassing, with stuff like OS and EOTM.  They just don't have enough weeklies.

Defense should be 3 and yaks should be 5 and there needs to be more kill things weeklies.

But the weeklies as a whole are kinda bad. Like PvE has kill 100 of a specific enemy or do some terrible meta. By that comparison it is much worse.

Making it 4/8 or allowing mix and match like before would solve a lot of problems.

Well maybe you should realize people play the game differently than you.

I got the vault weekly done in a  day and I still think it's a bad system.

Also flexing about 4/6? Weak.  https://i.imgur.com/eAErxve.png https://i.imgur.com/Nc2VGSY.png

Proof people are just lazy and entitled. something that can be done in a day and they don't want to try, crying about it on the forum is easier I suppose. I didn't do that easily, btw. I am a full stab guard. lol. I can't hurt a fly if I wanted to.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

I didn't do that easily, btw. I am a full stab guard. lol. I can't hurt a fly if I wanted to.

Not really an issue after they changed tag credit for boons. And templates exist for a reason. You don't have to be a a "stab guard" if you don't want to.

The WvW dailies and weeklies are -shockingly- designed for a WvW player. I play WvW only and I do all dailies and weeklies without even opening my Wizard Vault tab to check whats in there, its completely free and automatic. If you dont want to deal with them then simply select the cog icon in your Vault tab and only put a tick on PvE just like I only put a tick on WvW.

Edited by RedTheCrazy.1028
  • Like 1

Report:
I have just got defender weekly done and the last one was me trebbing enemy from across a tower, the enemy than came to said tower with their golems, open gate under 2 second, all the time I was trebbing them, they took it, I port out of the tower as I am the only person there defending,  I didn't kill one single enemy, but lots of supply was COWED. So, you know if you are still not getting defender, I am  not sure what you are doing wrong.

• Confused 3

well tbh if you don't get any credit for any defender event in 2 hours you are not even playing the game. i finished the defender objective for the weekly in less than three hours and i never had a problem with a defender event. And i am glad that anet removed the ability for bot like players to simply repair smc or other tower walls and drain all the resources while gaining credit like they were actually playing the game. Just kill some players and you get the event credit. No issue here.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/1/2023 at 12:17 AM, babana.7521 said:

I don't know why people keep complaining about defender achievement, it gets done as I play the game, didn't even need to do it on purpose.

its because defense events are dependant on the server you're playing on, and actions of your enemy. they not only have to attack an objective, while you're occupying it, but also you have got have a chance of pushing them back since defending requires a player kill.

some of us play on servers and timezones where "defense" is 5 versus 25. i don't know why this is so hard to understand?

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Report:
I have just got defender weekly done and the last one was me trebbing enemy from across a tower, the enemy than came to said tower with their golems, open gate under 2 second, all the time I was trebbing them, they took it, I port out of the tower as I am the only person there defending,  I didn't kill one single enemy, but lots of supply was COWED. So, you know if you are still not getting defender, I am  not sure what you are doing wrong.

Wait, you only finished it today? It's about time--It's almost reset.

So how long have you played this week?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Wait, you only finished it today? It's about time--It's almost reset.

So how long have you played this week?

Yeah, I know, SoTo got me. I have problem finishing the "new" Skyscale mastery, ironic isn't it, I got the skysacle a  month after its launch and I cannot complete the "new" mastery.

The hit-or-miss nature of, "Did the player(s) I helped kill damage the structure or aggro a guard?" is mildly to severely annoying depending on how many such events it takes to get 1 credit.  Last night it only took me 8 events to get one.  As someone who plays mostly WvW, but doesn't sink MMO hours into it, I don't always have a lot of time.  I wouldn't mind if they reinstated the mechanic where repair counted. Leave it disabled at Stonemist if that's the problem child.  Maybe then, people would actually stick around to repair rather than haring off to take the next camp and leaving T2 or 3 walls at 20%.

Oh, well, hopefully the mentioned incoming 4th option for dailies will solve the problem, though I find myself wary about ANet changing things.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

its because defense events are dependant on the server you're playing on, and actions of your enemy. they not only have to attack an objective, while you're occupying it, but also you have got have a chance of pushing them back since defending requires a player kill.

some of us play on servers and timezones where "defense" is 5 versus 25. i don't know why this is so hard to understand?

All the complaints about defender  is much like you editing out my report of how I got the defender done and continue to complaint about it even thou it is not broken. /Shrug. I even suggested that Anet have more different type of defending and that also got shut down, which makes me comes to to he conclusion players just want to be given free and easy stuffs which they never worked for like AHEMLCHEAPLEGENDARIESAHEM.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Confused 2