Everything feels cheesy.

ConorT.5396

On 8/31/2023 at 9:06 AM, MysteryDude.1572 said:

I've seen you roam with cele harbinger as well , Mr paladin

We've got no choice, but to join them. Before it gets nerfed to the ground at some point in the future, to even be competitive against these builds.

Although I am quite bad at Harbinger at first right now, so I still die even with cele gear, due to not knowing the right rotations.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 7:38 PM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Im curious to see what the stats are for people running celestial in WvW. You know because its not OP or anything. With the new weapons promoting both condi and power gameplay just curious what is the % of celestial users in WvW, pretty sure its higher then 75%.

There is no way its that high. Maybe 5% of roamers and maybe like 1% of all wvwers.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Well, the devs are average joes but for some reason they try all these fancy things and listening toxic people regarding balance.
All they need to do is blob and make blobbing fun for them. (Note: They don't blob)

All they need to do is roam and make roaming fun for them. (Note: They don't roam)

All they need to do is scout and make scouting fun for them. (Note: They don't scout)

All they need to do is cap objectives and make it fun for them. (Note: They don't take objectives)

It really ain't that difficult to come up with positive changes to the game if you actually play the game.

Honestly, all they do is guild raiding running in circles south side of borderlands, and try to balance around that scale. One of them literally streams it.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Sad 3

22 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

It really ain't that difficult to come up with positive changes to the game if you actually play the game

Feels like their main consideration when designing and balancing stuff is spreadsheet math and results from automated data crunching on player activity.  Sometimes they act on youtube videos when a player breaks the game and solos a raid or something. You can really, really sense the disconnect.

• Haha 2

On 8/30/2023 at 11:30 PM, ConorT.5396 said:

Everything, from roaming builds, Celestial condi stacking, perma-stealth, perma CC warriors etc... 

Zerg builds, with Heal Scourges, Long Bow Zerkers etc...

Everything feels cheese? Is it just me? Or does everything just feel ultra cheesy. 

I'm Winnie The Poo....Agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNV7UaBfthI

• Confused 2

Its nothing new its just cele is the main chose now where it use to be trailblazers (maybe dier) and before that solders being able to be tankly and do dmg gear. We are just at an more balance point of dmg types power vs condi so being able to do both is better then going all in on one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Its nothing new its just cele is the main chose now where it use to be trailblazers (maybe dier) and before that solders being able to be tankly and do dmg gear. We are just at an more balance point of dmg types power vs condi so being able to do both is better then going all in on one.

Even while running tanky or Cele, you will find DPS builds that drop 30K in 1 second. Hence why I am not fan of calling out any types. Be that DPS, Condi, Tanky, Sustain or what not. There is not one to rule them all that I have seen while running a variety of sets personally. And when glass calls out glass that's when we get the Feb nerf patch that create wet noodle warfare. But mileage will vary. 

• Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 9:43 PM, ConorT.5396 said:

People are spawning laser beams on elite skill cast,

That is more cool than 🧀

I am actually enjoying the aesthetic value of that "Eye of Cerus". 

It doesn't always fire like it should but even when there were 5 enemies on 4 of us and suddenly they had 3 of those eyeballs directly over us..... it looked so cool.

We died but it looked so cool. 

15 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I'm Winnie The Poo....Agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNV7UaBfthI

Why would you use a video from this guy? In my opinion he has zero street cred. 

First Off..... there was no 20k hit. It was the numbers of two hits. Look at the "20" compared to the other numbers... they are off kilter. The 20 was probably what was left of a "Crit" that was affected by a barrier or something. 

I had seen his video on the one shot mesmer build and shortly after met him in-game. 

North Camp Alpine Border... a few of us ran to hold it from a larger group of enemies while waiting for reinforcements....

I was engaged with two.... but I was being defensive so hadn't unleashed any burst yet.

Suddenly some enemy mesmer came out of nowhere on his mount, jumped off, and burst me down to about 10% of my hitpoints.  I was mad because I already had 2 on me and he went for the cheap move.... 

So I ignored the others and burst him to a downed state.... then, because our calvary arrived, I was able to get the stomp. 

Saw him again where he was in a group and tried to burst me again.... so I stomped him again. But.... yeah.... he shouldn't have a video about his one shot nesmer build when it doesn't one shot his enemy who is already fighting two other enemies. 

I sent him a message to see if he was going to post the videos of me obliterating him, but I do not think he did. 

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:42 AM, Riba.3271 said:

All they need to do is blob and make blobbing fun for them. (Note: They don't blob)

Actually all videos on Anet stream when on WvW i think i never saw then outside a blob and doing always many vs 1 or few.

Even on spvp back in 2014/2015 i cough 2 devs but one was heavy on QQ to me since i was not killign them  on the capture point but rather bursting them outside point or force them o reach capture point on heavy CD, well i told them i dont want them in the capture point so my team has no problems in the capture, they didnt liked with what i said.... after a few trade of words they left the match.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 8/31/2023 at 8:59 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

But thats what people imply when they say they want to revert the patch that halved condi dps, lol.

it did not halve condi dmg  (maby it did on one build or somthing)

in most cases it where where litte dmg loss for condi (inn a few rare cases a dmg gain)  but masive lose for most power builds

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Even while running tanky or Cele, you will find DPS builds that drop 30K in 1 second. Hence why I am not fan of calling out any types. Be that DPS, Condi, Tanky, Sustain or what not. There is not one to rule them all that I have seen while running a variety of sets personally. And when glass calls out glass that's when we get the Feb nerf patch that create wet noodle warfare. But mileage will vary. 

Pretty sure the dps in pve has gone up way past the normal dps rate back even before that patch, just to show how much regular dps has gone up the past couple expansions and wonky balance patches. There's also some outliner skills that didn't get the proper wvw balance treatment for whatever reason. We don't need a general nerf to damage again, we just need outliners to be kept in check whenever they pop up.

1 hour ago, Sansar.1302 said:

it did not halve condi dmg  (maby it did on one build or somthing)

in most cases it where where litte dmg loss for condi (inn a few rare cases a dmg gain)  but masive lose for most power builds

It was the patch that did twice the duration for half the stacks across the board PLUS many trait nerfs (for example engineer pistol dps got nerfed by ~70%).

So yes. 

But as mentioned, I'm perfectly fine with people wanting to double condi damage and gain marginally more power damage since power builds already does more damage than ever, not gonna hold you back.

59 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Pretty sure the dps in pve has gone up way past the normal dps rate back even before that patch, just to show how much regular dps has gone up the past couple expansions and wonky balance patches. There's also some outliner skills that didn't get the proper wvw balance treatment for whatever reason. We don't need a general nerf to damage again, we just need outliners to be kept in check whenever they pop up.

Agree on outliers. I run tanky due to various reasons including that I have been playing on a paperclip of an internet connection for a decade. So I expect to be hit by a pile all at the same time. Quickness is the new random factor in the fight that makes things harder to predict in my opinion in various settings. 

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It was the patch that did twice the duration for half the stacks across the board PLUS many trait nerfs (for example engineer pistol dps got nerfed by ~70%).

So yes. 

But as mentioned, I'm perfectly fine with people wanting to double condi damage and gain marginally more power damage since power builds already does more damage than ever, not gonna hold you back.

condi is so op in this game right now , it need a 20% to 50%  dps nerf and power should be quite a bit higer than now

Condi dmg should only be a smal extra source of dmg, not this bursty abomination it is now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

condi is so op in this game right now , it need a 20% to 50%  dps nerf and power should be quite a bit higer than now

Condi dmg should only be a smal extra source of dmg, not this bursty abomination it is now.

Well that's an opinion that doesnt really have to do with the actual content of the feb 2020 nerf patch, does it... But for fun, lets check the amount of roamer specs on guildjen (I like to do that from time to time): 

Thief: 5 power, 2 cele, 1 condi
Ranger:  3 power, 2 cele, 1 condi
Engineer: 5 power, 3 cele, 0 condi
Mesmer: 4 power, 2 cele, 2 condi
Elementalist: 5 power, "5" cele (since they list power/cele some are dual), 0 condi
Necromancer: 2 power, 2 cele, 1 condi
Warrior: 4 power, 1 cele, 1 condi
Guardian: 3 power, 2 cele, 1 condi
Revenent: 3 power, 3 cele, 0 condi

Total: 34 power, 22 cele, 7 condi

Guess condi is so op then 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well that's an opinion that doesnt really have to do with the actual content of the feb 2020 nerf patch, does it... But for fun, lets check the amount of roamer specs on guildjen (I like to do that from time to time): 

Elementalist: 5 power, "5" cele (since they list power/cele some are dual), 0 condi

Hmmm not a super fair assessment since most condi builds have moved to use celestial instead. 🤔

The only condi that's cheesy right now is Harbinger cause they can spam the heck out of torment, for some reason anet decided they needed a shotgun of condis for their pistol and shroud, practically the only build I need to load up on every cleanse I can find to fight. Then there's a couple condi burst builds, like certain burn builds. But yeah condi is not dominating at all, there's options for everyone to run cleanses in builds to deal with conditions, it isn't something like stealth where very few specific spec/trait/skill reveal options exists.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yes it is op, why do you defend condi? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

all cele builds are condi and that list dont rank them so it dont tell much at all

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Hmmm not a super fair assessment since most condi builds have moved to use celestial instead. 🤔

The only condi that's cheesy right now is Harbinger cause they can spam the heck out of torment, for some reason anet decided they needed a shotgun of condis for their pistol and shroud, practically the only build I need to load up on every cleanse I can find to fight. Then there's a couple condi burst builds, like certain burn builds. But yeah condi is not dominating at all, there's options for everyone to run cleanses in builds to deal with conditions, it isn't something like stealth where very few specific spec/trait/skill reveal options exists.

Harbinger is one of the easyer condi builds to figth

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Harbinger is one of the easyer condi builds to figth

Most (ie pretty much all) will consider condi harbinger to be one of the most egregious condi pukers there is. Why are you defending condi? 

Also cele is running cele for a reason otherwise they would be running condi or power. Simple reasoning if you think about it. Hence cele is cele, not condi. If that is considered better than condi with many many more meta builds than actual condi and less condi damage than actual condi... what exactly are you refering to when you say "condi is so op"? Because its clearly not condi builds (as evidenced by your defence of the harbinger).

Did you mean to say cele is op but accidentally defaulted to condi?

• Haha 1