Legendary Relic — What resources do we need?

Sylvi.8372

Dear ANet Team, can we have news soon on what items we will need to craft the Legendary Relic in Update 2? (I’m guessing that’s Feb 2024.) What “significant progress” will someone who had 6 to 7 Legendary Runes before SOTO get? 

The possible materials for the SOTO Legendary armors are already hinted at in game. They can already make progress, grind, and save up materials. As for the Legendary Relic, we don’t have a shopping list yet.

————

For context, my reason why is build freedom. [Optional background info: I mainly play endgame instanced content (fractals, raids, strikes) and open world, and very rarely WvW…over 23+ characters. Since Nov 2020, I’ve prioritized and invested in full legendary slots (except non-underwater weapons — and Conflux which I put off).
I can mostly boost any character to 80, then deck them out in complete stats plus ascended weapons. This is so I can play any profession or elite spec no matter the balance patch.]

————

Problem/Frustration with Souldbound Expansion Relics:

At the moment, I’m beyond frustrated by the soulbound nature of Expansion relics. Meta condi builds seem to rely on expansion relics. I wish I could transfer Relic of Akeem or Relic of the Fractal between 23+ toons. It’s hard to test (and have fun with) expansion relics and different builds as there’s only one PvE way to get pinches of stardust.

It’s on me for completing the Amnytas Mastery on 2 accounts (obsessive Achiever-style player — wanted MPs and /possessed)…and farming Stardust to get several expansion relics for 2 whole weeks…but I’m so sick of Amnytas metas by now I could puke. 🤣

At this point, I want to tap out of creating and playing new builds until we get the legendary relic. (That is, disengage from the build part of the game until the situation is resolved.)

Can we get some hope there sooner: what mats do we need to save for the Legendary Relic? What ‘significant progress’ will we get if we had 6-7 Legendary Runes before SOTO?

Edited by Sylvi.8372
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

We don't know. And ANet won't tell to not disturb the market.
I just bunker stuff like kryptis essences, map currencies, charms and gold.

At the moment I can sill get expansion relics for WvW currencices, I'm no actively playing at the moment. I just hope that the balance team won't stirr up the relics too much until february.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Deland.6482 said:

Why would a legendary relic require SOTO materials

Legendary runes do not require SOTO to be crafted. It is not fair to take some functionality from users and hide it behind a new expansion.

Just watch. Everything they've done regarding Relics and Legendary Runes has been a knife twist.

• Like 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Deland.6482 said:

Why would a legendary relic require SOTO materials

Legendary runes do not require SOTO to be crafted. It is not fair to take some functionality from users and hide it behind a new expansion.

Yes. Except nothing so far about this change has been fair. The very idea that the legendary gear owners will need to pay again to regain functionality is not. So, i don't hold much hope.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Unfortunately, SotO has proven that not only they can do that, but that they also not see any issues in doing it and consider it a wonderful idea.

They are bragging about having to bring more servers online to handle the player load. So, they're only really getting positive reinforcement.

On 9/8/2023 at 2:35 AM, Omega.6801 said:

We don't know. And ANet won't tell to not disturb the market.
I just bunker stuff like kryptis essences, map currencies, charms and gold.

At the moment I can sill get expansion relics for WvW currencices, I'm no actively playing at the moment. I just hope that the balance team won't stirr up the relics too much until february.

Marked will be disturbed eventually, it's just a matter of time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The only real fair way to implement the legendary relic without going against Anet's philosophy of no gear treadmill and honoring "legendary as the final form of gear" is to simply give an achievement that requires you have 6 (or heck, even 7) legendary runes that then gives you a legendary relic. If they want, they can give it a bit of flavor with an in-game mail telling you to meet an NPC in Lion's Arch (non-SoTO map as legendary runes were not a SoTO exclusive item) that will give you a little blurb about some kind of new discovery and that since you already shown mastery of legendary runes, you're the perfect one to try it out, blah blah blah. 

I don't have leggy runes, but I think it was a pretty bad "oversight" by anet to implement something like this and essentially take away player achievement. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

I don't have leggy runes, but I think it was a pretty bad "oversight" by anet to implement something like this and essentially take away player achievement. 

I'm afraid it was much more than just oversight. If it was just that, they would not be so insistent about posession of 6-7 legendary runes granting only partial progress. It certainly seems that taking away progress and making us do it all over again was one of the important design goals for them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I've speculated and theorized what may be the recipe for the relic, though I'm missing a fourth for the forge, i do believe I might be close. 

For starters, I'd assume that there will be a mystic tribute, there usually is for accessories and rings, and I assume this will follow that trend.

The next key item that I can say with certainty, that it will be there, is the Gift of Relics

The third, which is a guess on my part, is a gift of craftsmanship, however I could be wrong, as it might also be a achievement related item.

The fourth, is going to either be an achievement related item (if there is a gift of craftsmanship), or it will be an item from the new SOTO expansion.

In conclusion, you will most likely need:

1 MT (77  Clovers, 1 condensed might, 1 condensed magic, 250 Mystic Coins)

A gift of relics (There will probably be a new craftable item similar to mystic aspects/Mystic Motes (this might be what we are compensated with) , the other three I'm not to sure on, but two of them maybe obsi shards and globs of ecto, as for the third it might be mystic coins again though it could also be a new ascended ingrediant)

Gift Of Craftsmanship

Achievement Collection which may have similar "travel to mastery point and kneel for 15 seconds" as the legendary accessories, but it will be in SOTO maps. I'd say that if this is the case, there will probably be 4 collections total to mystic forge the item into the usable item for the recipe Legendary relic.

keep in mind, this relic may have some time gated steps as well, I would assume there will be a 10 day time gate on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would assume that at least one component for legendary relics doesn't currently exist in game.  If that isn't true then people who had legendary runes wouldn't have an advantage over people who simply happened to horde the correct materials. 

If the new material is time gated, but legendary rune owners get their compensation all at once, then that would be a significant advantage.

• Like 1