One Wolf Pack needs nerfs in WvW too.

Riba.3271

• One Wolf Pack: Increased the strike interval from 0.25 seconds to 0.5 seconds in PvP only. Reduced the damage coefficient from 0.63 to 0.5 in PvP only.

was in last patch notes. You can increase the duration for all I care, but reduce the burst please. There is just nothing skillful about elite being almost all the damage.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

I'd say OWP is even more of a problem in WvW, the amount of burst damage you can achieve in there with this thing is pretty nuts and with not enough counterplay.

I'd redisign the skill entirely instead of nerfing it over and over in every single game mode. It promotes very unhealthy gameplay.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

people just want anything nerfed... one wolf pack in wvw is perfectly fine. it's so easy to avoid for any class except maybe necro. When a ranger uses sic'em on you it's a dead giveaway of what is going to follow next. Hopefully anet does not give in to these baseless nerf requests.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 22

2 minutes ago, Ferus.3165 said:

people just want anything nerfed... one wolf pack in wvw is perfectly fine. it's so easy to avoid for any class except maybe necro. When a ranger uses sic'em on you it's a dead giveaway of what is going to follow next. Hopefully anet does not give in to these baseless nerf requests.

that's a very special take lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Rapid fire 10 shots.

One wolf pack procs another strike with 0.5s interval instead of the 1.0s interval of pve for some strange reason.

Arrows travel 1500-1800u for some strange reason.

Terribad to non existent audio sound and visuals in the middle of group fights. Plus wvw lag is a thing.

Half the time can't tell when being hit with it in the middle of the fight can only guess what the chunk of health drops is.

We can't have spvp balance in wvw, they only balance to blobs in wvw, cause that's the only group anet plays in.

Clown car balance.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

7 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

I mainly did this request for Warhorn 4 or Smoke Assault tho. But yes, Bow 2 has similar issues that Gunflame had. Even tho Gunflame oneshot builds were obviously bad for the game, it also had defenders: "Dodge it bro, just pay attention to every berserker in all directions. Also just let the new players die around you!".

Can't we all just agree that if the stance deals 2.6 times more damage than in PvE with multihit skills while lasting longer  it probably needs balancing? Not as much as in PvP, but they could just increase the strike interval. Maybe then they can buff bow a little bit for other ranger specs so bow gods aren't all soulbeasts.

Edited by Riba.3271

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

I mainly did this request for Warhorn 4 or Smoke Assault tho. But yes, Bow 2 has similar issues that Gunflame had. Even tho Gunflame oneshot builds were obviously bad for the game, it also had defenders: "Dodge it bro, just pay attention to every berserker in all directions. Also just let the new players die around you!".

Can't we all just agree that if the stance deals 2.6 times more damage than in PvE with multihit skills while lasting longer  it probably needs balancing? Not as much as in PvP, but they could just increase the strike interval. Maybe then they can buff bow a little bit for other ranger specs so bow gods aren't all soulbeasts.

You have to nerf Cele, Maruader, and Trailblazer first.  Those gears give way too much stat bloat.

I also don't want to deal with harb, willbender, and cata's anymore disengaging at will without even needing stealth like thief does because they have a million damage mitigation tools.  Also on the reverse, also engaging at will and utterly deleting you in the case of willbender and fresh air ele.  So, these need nerfing.

You have to get rid of speed relic or nerf it.

I don't want to be chased down by a core scepter thief with speed runes doing 10-15k dmg with barely telegraphed ambush skills like Twilight Combo.

You also don't want them buffing bow because stacking 25 might is easy on many non-soulbeast variants, and you are just going to get something like core ranger deleting you similar to how core thief is doing right now.  Protip: Strength of the Pack still exists.

The tldr; is , WvW is PvE, not PvP.  There should be no balancing for roaming there, only zerg--and that's only really what they balance for now.  If you want 'fair' smallscale fights, then go to sPvP or accept an amulet system in WvW instead of relying on overtuned gear, food, and utility items.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 4
  • Confused 11

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You have to nerf Cele, Maruader, and Trailblazer first.  Those gears give way too much stat bloat.

Marauder/Dragon is fine, vitality is not that great of a stat in long fights. Expertise and Concentration (Minstrel, Cele, Trailb) could use some nerfs for starters.

You have to get rid of speed relic or nerf it.

Indeed. Speed relic should be less potent and shared superspeed could also use less accessibility and/or power.

The tldr; is , WvW is PvE, not PvP.  There should be no balancing for roaming there, only zerg--and that's only really what they balance for now.  If you want 'fair' smallscale fights, then go to sPvP or accept an amulet system in WvW instead of relying on overtuned gear, food, and utility items.  

Yes, they seem somewhat weakwilled to update the game but we should still suggest good ideas in case they actually work one day 😬

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

So many nerfs for PvP should be implented in WvW. It's actually weird this doesn't happen since WvW is just PvP on steroids. Weird A-net logic.

I don't think we would agree, I actually think the opposite that there have been too many sPvP nerfs that should have never occurred. sPvP should never have removed build options since sPvP was a training ground for WvW. WvW can never be balanced since there is nothing that could impact 'x' vs 'x' factors.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Marauder/Dragon is fine, vitality is not that great of a stat in long fights. Expertise and Concentration (Minstrel, Cele, Trailb) could use some nerfs for starters.

The problem is perfect stats and ANet's crappy balance.
Minstrel overperforms on supports, there's no garbage or less useful stat here like with clerics/magi.
Trailblazer is all tank and pure one type of damage (dire might actually be better for some classes like guard), no downside here like with carrion/rabid.
Celestial has all stats and didn't used to be much of a problem till do-it-all elite specs came about and they added boon duration. Only other perfect stats for builds hold a candle against this.

Zerk/marauder/dragon overperforms on power builds, we see this with the amount of outlier skills getting abused due to high coefficients. The only reason people rarely if ever complained is:
1. They would complain about the outlier skill first and get that nerfed.
2. Most classes usually had to be glass and easy to kill if the spike was missed/blocked some way.
3. Most of the time couldn't stay in a fight, often having to run and try again later.
However we're increasingly seeing classes that have a wealth of defensive options and can spike you from range for an absurd amount of damage with less counterplay. Soulbeast is a good example with OWP/sic'em and running away with the frankly broken dolyak stance and gs. Willbenders teleporting on you and either deleting you or sprinting to safety faster than Usain Bolt. Someone mentioned Twilight combo thieves hitting you for 15k+. These would all be fine if the player devoted more to achieving high damage and lacked the escape if they messed up but these builds don't. Additionally there's nothing stopping you doing very high consistent damage from safety/with lots of defensive tools on these power builds either.

TL:DR.
The problem isn't just stats or skills, it's a combination of both and the selective removal of risk and reward (from some classes but not others) as well as drawbacks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

So many nerfs for PvP should be implented in WvW. It's actually weird this doesn't happen since WvW is just PvP on steroids. Weird A-net logic.

Anet actually said wvw was just PvE.  Since the people that play this game mode are PvE-enjoyers.  I wish I could add sarcasm to this, but they said it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:17 PM, Riba.3271 said:

was in last patch notes. You can increase the duration for all I care, but reduce the burst please. There is just nothing skillful about elite being almost all the damage.

Let me make a deal with you; nerf all burst damages at all range including removing all crit-spike damage from all Professions? 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:
On 9/12/2023 at 7:17 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Let me make a deal with you; nerf all burst damages at all range including removing all crit-spike damage from all Professions? 

Just nerf the overpowered soulbeast burst and buff generic ranger abilities. You do know that if OWP is strong and ranger balanced, that means that rapid fire and hunters call are underpowered outside soulbeast?

Now am I not asking them to make OWP unplayable, just make it more generic rather than it being only used on multihit skills because of 0.25 second proc cooldown. For example increasing the damage a bit and making it 0.75 proc cooldown, might make it decent when wielding a greatsword or hammer, while not being cheesy overpowered on warhorn and bow. It also allows them to also buff the multiskill base damage and bow/warhorn might be viable even on druid or untamed.

Essentially all ranger mains should love the idea if their basic abilities are buffed and OWP nerfed, because it means they can actually fight and deal damage when OWP is on cooldown or they're playing a different ranger spec.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

• 1 month later...

I was the IOJ ranger who made this build you're welcome. Farmed lots of dumb zerg players who think tank builds are best builds. Classes need set in stone roles or you'll never have true balance. Rather than nerf everything and have the meta shift every few months and cause new problems... oh wait that's job security.

2 hours ago, BLANK.4972 said:

I was the IOJ ranger who made this build you're welcome. Farmed lots of dumb zerg players who think tank builds are best builds. Classes need set in stone roles or you'll never have true balance. Rather than nerf everything and have the meta shift every few months and cause new problems... oh wait that's job security.

Please share the build, thank you