Broken Hero Challenge - Searing Cauldron (Iron Marches) [Merged]

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm still unable to get hero point from the cauldron 😞

Edit: why not put an npc there to give free hero point just so we can finish the map completion? at least until the cauldron is fixed 😄

Edited by Titip Aja Shay.7136
add suggestion
  • Like 2

Hi, 

The cauldron is still broken for me.  So I am unable to finish Skyscale egg infusion, is there any other way to finish the infusion other than buying it from Trainer Dyanne? 

Thanks in Advance 🙂 

I can't finish my gift of exploration because every time I try doing this hero challenge it just gives me a red error message in chat saying "That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later."

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Fortunello.9853 said:

Is not possible to bypass this bug using the tokens of wvw? For the ones that want at least the gift of exploration and the hero point? Or the tokens doesn`t reward this point now?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notarized_Scroll_of_Central_Tyrian_Heroics

• WvW hero challenges and the Krait Obelisk Shard count as Central Tyrian challenges for a total of 214 notarized scrolls before they credit Proof of Heroics.
  • Will only grant 188/189 for Central Tyria Map completion. The last Hero point will have to be completed in person.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notarized_Scroll_of_Central_Tyrian_Heroics

• WvW hero challenges and the Krait Obelisk Shard count as Central Tyrian challenges for a total of 214 notarized scrolls before they credit Proof of Heroics.
  • Will only grant 188/189 for Central Tyria Map completion. The last Hero point will have to be completed in person.

Ahh gotcha

• Sad 1

So since the searing cauldron is bugged and many people are stuck without the skyscale infusion of spirit, and that this issue seems to be here for a while. Why not temporarily remove the cost from the vendor that sells it?

Would at least provide a simple temporary solution for this problem rather than replying to people "you can buy it for 100 globs of ecto instead of simply talking to a hero point..." 

• Confused 1

This is ridiculous. Especially coming from content that has already be out for many years now. Having issues with new content? understandable. Not so much with content that has supposedly been "fixed" at least once already. If ANet really wants people to stay engaged? This kind of garbage isn't helping any. Especially new players, expecting their old content to be "polished", with minimal to little issues. However its core content is still loaded with issues, and persisting bug's that seem to constantly reappear over time. Never mind long standing bugs that have never really been addressed at all, for years. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Why are we taking weeks to fix a progression bug? This is unprofessional behavior, Anet, this is something that could and should be fixed in the same day. At least make the infusion of spirit much cheaper to compensate, 100 globs of ectoplasm and 100 elaborate totems is a stupid amount.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Why are we taking weeks to fix a progression bug? This is unprofessional behavior, Anet, this is something that could and should be fixed in the same day. At least make the infusion of spirit much cheaper to compensate, 100 globs of ectoplasm and 100 elaborate totems is a stupid amount.

Months in this case. It's been bugged since SotO release

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's been over 1 week and still no fix for a hero challenge bug. That sounds ridiculous. I really hope the delay is a result of failed attempts to fix it and not neglect. But I'm starting to fear the ladder. People paid money for this expansion so they could get their skyscale. It's a disaster when the bundle they paid money for doesn't deliver as promised for over a week! This is the sort of stuff other games would experience a refund storm over.

I don't care if it takes you a month to fix it. At this stage, just put a placeholder object next to it which allows players to move on with their progress, or give all players tracking rewards connected to it automatic completion.

Edited by Nubproof.4092
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Still not working. Also, I hate the way you approach to this; "That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later." Like when should I try again, what is "later", what should I expect? And the post saying "we are working on it", what is the estimated time for the fix, why is this keep happening, if this keeps happening why not find a workaround to get the achievement? What I'm saying is, everything is just too vague. This is not how you should approach your "customers". See, I haven't said anything about stuff getting broken, I kinda wanna understand that, things can get broken but how you approach to these kind of things is what I care the most!

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Is it possible to have access to basic skyscale flight with soto? Without touching the searing cauldron heropoint?

Skyscale flight is available in Soto maps. The searing cauldron issue is for unlocking the skyscale for other maps via the New Friend achievement.

• Haha 2