Add chatgpt to guild war 2

Nalla.6581

chatgpt bots can also be usefull to add to those maps who are going to start everytime those maps like wvw as a gathering npc or as a npc for anmystas,dragon's end, living worlds,path of fire,heart of thorns,raids and strikes, so then the server can have people join the map if its becomes meta or join a new map that has different option then for chatgpt it will help players on the directions on some dungeons,quest,story, wvw, selling,crafting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 28
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Just... add a specific infromation that's supposed to be in the game, I'm not sure anything you listed somehow requires use of chatgpt.

it would fix a lot of things like how come most of the time in pve theres a lot of people are just selling raids and that would allow them to add new thing like having a bot that is recruiting to some maps to have the maps active same with world vs world having a chatgpt recruiting people into the matches, it would work for dungeons and others that method of asking people to use there services and that is the benfits of using that for replacing most looking for group

• Confused 12
  • Sad 1

I would really prefer to not be forced into using OpenAI's product in a video game that is distinctly separate from it. Not to mention this would not be a particularly easy or negligible task on Anet's part and would cost them money.... They would need to pay for the AI queries, or you would. Unless you are using 'chatgpt' as a term for a general AI bot asin how some people say the words search engine with a trademark. In which case developing such a thing for their game would also be quite expensive and time consuming and they would need to likely hire a new team of developers that specialize in that space.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Nalla.6581 said:

it would fix a lot of things like how come most of the time in pve theres a lot of people are just selling raids

Ok, explain how exactly that would fix anything about this (even considering that anet doesn't want sellers, which as far as we know now, they're simply allowing them). 

like having a bot that is recruiting to some maps to have the maps active same with world vs world having a chatgpt recruiting people into the matches, it would work for dungeons and others that method of asking people to use there services and that is the benfits of using that for replacing most looking for group

And again, not sure how that is supposed to be happening. People can use lfg and map/team (in case of wvw) chats, they can "recruit" and call out events/objectives whenever they want, nothing here requires any type of bot.

Anyways, I don't see the point of this addition -if ingame directions are needed then ingame directions should simply be added to the game. And I think the players should interact with each other (wvw), not with a bot.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

chatgpt bots can also be usefull to add to those maps who are going to start everytime those maps like wvw as a gathering npc or as a npc for anmystas,dragon's end, living worlds,path of fire,heart of thorns,raids and strikes, so then the server can have people join the map if its becomes meta or join a new map that has different option then for chatgpt it will help players on the directions on some dungeons,quest,story, wvw, selling,crafting 

You sound like you have encountered specific problems. Perhaps, instead of coming up with one solution it would be more helpful if you could give examples of where you have needed guidance. Then we could help you with pointers on what you, and other new players, could do instead.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

You sound like you have encountered specific problems. Perhaps, instead of coming up with one solution it would be more helpful if you could give examples of where you have needed guidance. Then we could help you with pointers on what you, and other new players, could do instead.

Funny. This sounds just like how a MMO should work. 😉

@OP: ChatGPT just sounds like another way of avoiding interaction to me, which is completely counter to the nature of MMO's. GW2 has one of the most helpful communities in the MMO world. Take advantage of that.

• Like 7

/wiki ThingIDon'tKnowAbout

/m /s /p /d Hey, how do you do thing?

Google ThingI'mCuriousAbout

Youtube ThingI'mCuriousAbout

Y (LFG) - expansion/region - map - is squad? - join squad

/t Where the baddies at?

/w charname That's some quality armor!

OP, I'm not sure what you're wanting with an AI chat bot that can't already be addressed with a plethora of existing resources.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ghastly.3914 said:

ai will become people's new religion, ai will be their creator.

The less of that dystopia world we have the better.

I for one welcome our silicone overlords. The flesh is weak.

I just don't think the feature described is necessary or solves anything. Also, just because it is computer generated doesn't mean that it's flawless or correct. Chatgpt will write you a 5000 word essay on existentialism, but it most likely will make some stuff up in the process. Same goes for AI generated visuals, oh my lord, the nightmares it creates sometimes.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

I for one welcome our silicone overlords. The flesh is weak.

I just don't think the feature described is necessary or solves anything. Also, just because it is computer generated doesn't mean that it's flawless or correct. Chatgpt will write you a 5000 word essay on existentialism, but it most likely will make some stuff up in the process. Same goes for AI generated visuals, oh my lord, the nightmares it creates sometimes.

GENERATES based on preexisting sources, in both instances. "AI" whether its programs like chatgpt or the various image generating ones don't actually create anything, especially anything new (which is why I especially loath even the thought of "AI" being used in lieu of human writers in mainstream media, despite my very low opinion of the majority of the likes of Hollywood or comic book writers, AI would just be worse in the long run).

• Like 5