Let’s Take It To Next Level

Adry.7512

9 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Yeah lets not waste the huge potential of underwater combat. Lets just donate it to some other game that needs it.

I actually want an underwater expansion that's not 100% underwater, maybe 20%-30% of the time. Just make the underwater area meaningful enough to go to it, but not live in it all the time.

Edited by Ghastly.3914
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I actually want an underwater expansion that's not 100% underwater, maybe 20%-30% of the time. Just make the underwater area meaningful enough to go to it, but not live in it all the time.

Sea stuff sounds is a bit shaky imo, technicality alone. AFAIK black desert and likes pulls it off by having unified map. GW2 operates with multiple maps. I wonder if it is technically possible for them to create a zone that would contain enough content for %70 on sea %30 underwater. There are also other pressing issues such as skiffs wouldnt satisfy the sea crowd, it probably has to be a galleon or something and they probably cant get away with non-collision ships either unlike skiffs where it was just for fishing. Also maps, especially new maps, often have high population so lots of huge ships on the sea probably, in a visually noisy way, probably wont sell well.

Underwater combat feels unresponsive and also forgotten for so long now that ANET has to invest a lot to redesign it from ground up. So that it becomes a combat that players not essentially spamming 1 until enemy dies. We just got SOTO, should tell you about the quality content we are going to get from now on, wouldnt bet on any reworks and such.

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

When are pinball machines coming? When will this game turn into FIFA Tyria? When will we get a Sonic the Hedgehog cameo? When will this game reference the MCU?

Ok common they made a literal boat with mechanics and features then they didn’t expand on it one single bit. You’re being silly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Adry.7512 said:

Ok common they made a literal boat with mechanics and features then they didn’t expand on it one single bit. You’re being silly.

Yes I am 😉
UW rework and more uw content would be great, but this has been discussed many times and has always been the minority opinion, so it's very unlikely.
Also, I don't like the skiff. It steers like a tank and is useless outside of the things that are specifically designed to make it useful, which is never a good sign. So IF they do more water stuff, I would like it to expand on underwater stuff, not expand on the skiff.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Yes I am 😉
UW rework and more uw content would be great, but this has been discussed many times and has always been the minority opinion, so it's very unlikely.
Also, I don't like the skiff. It steers like a tank and is useless outside of the things that are specifically designed to make it useful, which is never a good sign. So IF they do more water stuff, I would like it to expand on underwater stuff, not expand on the skiff.

If they do more underwater content then for sure they would also have to expand on water surface content such as combat, mechanics, fishing, treasure hunting, etc. there’s an entire world to be explored there and honestly no other mmorpg has been able to do it besides possibly BDO and AA. 

Edited by Adry.7512
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah, to be honest I'm ok if they forget that skiffs were ever added.

Why are some players contempt with rinse and repeat content? Innovation will always bring success so long as it works well and fits into the game in a way it makes sense. The idea of islands, treasure hunting, cannon on the boats, would add a mountain of repeatable content that would keep players in the game for years to come. Yes metas are amazing and so is pvp, as well as strikes but what if you wanna do something less intense with a smaller group of players such as a hand full of guildies? Fractals I suppose, or run around in wvw. But we can honestly add variety to that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Marikus.1875 said:

yes YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ALL OF THIS HERE MATEY! 

ARGHHH ME HOLDS ARE BURSTIN' WITH SWAG THAT BIT OF SHINE MATTERS TO US?!

LET WE LADS PILLAGE AND PLUNDER UNTIL OUR BOWS BE DRAGG'D TO THE DEPTHS OF THE ABYSS! 

I hadn’t even thought about the islands having events or possible…..ALLIANCES???? We PILLAGE AND PLUNDER ENEMY ISLANDS???? THAT DIDNT EVEN OCCUR TO ME!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ghastly.3914 said:

Many of us assumed that's what EoD would essentially be given that "Bubbles" was the only Elder Dragon remaining. If it didn't happen then, I doubt it ever would.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, XSevSpreeX.2143 said:

Many of us assumed that's what EoD would essentially be given that "Bubbles" was the only Elder Dragon remaining. If it didn't happen then, I doubt it ever would.

Right but now that they made boats, I mean common I haven’t even seen gliding being abandoned as a mechanic. I can’t imagine they will just abandon the idea of boats. Additionally, they have been introducing new masteries to existing mastery lines for a while now, I see them doing it for boats. 

Edited by Adry.7512
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think, overall, the idea of being able to captain ships around the map would add a ton of creative value. There is SO MUCH WATER. Dedicated water maps could be created with islands scattered throughout to open up a new layer of exploration. Not just at sea level but also below. They could just expand on the existing Skiff mechanics and blow it up to be more ship-sized and add more features to it (multi-party support/weapon and combat abilities/better sea physics etc.) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3