Stoic Exploit ongoing

MarkBecks.6453

Dear Anet, the Stoic glitch is still here after YEARS and YEARS of complaints in your "professional" wing of the game. I have 1 deadeye and 2 mesmers glitching into Stoic. How long will you ignore this issue, and unfortunately, I cannot shame, name or even mention the server because if I do, I get the warning like it's my fault, and nothing gets done to the guilty parties. I have all 3 names and their server if you would like further correspondence. Please address this, otherwise continuing to play and defend red BL is pointless and takes away from the Spirit of the game. Otherwise, Red BL will always be at a disadvantage from the Alpine BL's.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anet doesn't care.

If anet cared they would fix it or give warnings/ban to people who exploit.

Pls note its an exploit, not a hack.

Exploit means it's a bug in the game that anyone can do if they know how, no 3rd party app involved  .

It's as much of an exploit as any other "new patch makes X skill/trait broken which people abuse until said skill/trait gets disabled " with the only difference that this bug has been around since the maps came out I believe...imagine how many years anet have received reports screenshot videos.... they really don't care about it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Please send a support ticket, with time, date, map and name of the hacker, you can click "Support" top of page or go to https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us 
The more people send in accurate place and the incident the more data they can collect to fix the problem. 

Its not how much info they need to fix the problem, it's how many damned years do they need to fix the problem. Evidence has been provided for nearly all glitches/exploits. NOTHING happens.

Cornerstone game mode, cornerstone my kitten.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Was playing yesterday to do dailies and was running along a small zerg, got to set tower and com drops rams and ramming we go... then some mesmer asks if any thieves around can get into the tower, and someone responded why they can only port 5 in, and he's like I'm a mesmer I can port everyone in. Openly asking if someone could exploit into a tower to cap it faster. The com said no, gate almost down anyways. They asked again when we got to another tower to cata it down, com was like no thanks cata is fine, so props to them.

But anyways, anet doesn't care, so why would the exploiters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Galmac.4680 said:

Also there's some exploit where some classes can bug themselves into the south towers of the alpine borderlands. Reported for years. Well, guess this post will be closed soon. That's all folks.

Correct, SW tower. I thought only thief were able to bug in, but now i've caught sword eles doing this too.

• Like 1

It is not an exploit because Anet does nothing about it for many years. Just use it for your advantage to get inside Stoic. Simple as that. Gamebreaking exploits are fixed withing weeks or at least months by such big developers as Anet. This hasn't been fixed for many years, that's why it is not an exploit.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Deadhead.6947 said:

Pls note its an exploit, not a hack.

It's an exploit if Anet fixes it, otherwise it's a feature.

19 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

Cornerstone game mode, cornerstone my kitten.

Anet's definition of cornerstone isn't the same as yours.

I believe Anet's definition of cornerstone is part of GW2 that was one of the three areas of gameplay (PvE, PvP and WvW) in the original release..

I believe Anet's definition of core is a part of GW2 that came with the original release that technically doesn't need more money (expansions) to play.

Neither core nor cornerstone means that Anet maintains/supports WvW

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Swamurabi.7890 said:

Anet's definition of cornerstone isn't the same as yours.

I believe Anet's definition of cornerstone is part of GW2 that was one of the three areas of gameplay (PvE, PvP and WvW) in the original release..

I believe Anet's definition of core is a part of GW2 that came with the original release that technically doesn't need more money (expansions) to play.

Neither core nor cornerstone means that Anet maintains/supports WvW

Well, you are mistaken. They talked about WvW being a cornerstone in a blog post from 2021 that very much tried to reassure WvW players that they would get renewed development focus ("Our new leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone mode of Guild Wars 2, and it will be a focus of ours going forward."). IMO the background to this post was mostly Anet's fear that there would be a mass exodus of players to New World which would hold a public beta a few weeks later.

You have to understand that the developers are very busy fixing much more important and game breaking bugs. Eg.

• Fixed an issue that prevented vertical tentacles from displaying the correct portrait during the Defense of Amnytas meta-event.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some profession-specific abilities from being counted for Wizard's Vault dodge objectives.
  • Feast of Truffle Steak: Fixed an issue that caused the nourishment effect to last for 30 minutes. The nourishment effect now correctly lasts for 60 minutes.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the /bless emote to play when using /shiver.

And so on. Very critical stuff. 

1 hour ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

"Our new leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone mode of Guild Wars 2, and it will be a focus of ours going forward."

You read that as WvW is a cornerstone of GW2, and as a cornerstone it will always be a focus.

I'm sure Anet meant that, at that time. But I've since come to the realization that what they really meant was.....

"Our new leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone mode of Guild Wars 2, and it will be a focus of ours going forward, at least until something of a higher priority (Expansions, PvE content) comes along."

WvW hasn't been a priority for years, it's not going to change anytime soonᵀᴹ

Desert map is already very unpopular. Exploiters are probably over half of the regular playerbase there. Do you really want to kill the map? What about the feelings of the dev that designed such a disliked map? The exploiters and desert map must stay, else someone who did bad job might realise it and feel bad for day or two.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:50 AM, MarkBecks.6453 said:

Dear Anet, the Stoic glitch is still here after YEARS and YEARS of complaints in your "professional" wing of the game. I have 1 deadeye and 2 mesmers glitching into Stoic. How long will you ignore this issue, and unfortunately, I cannot shame, name or even mention the server because if I do, I get the warning like it's my fault, and nothing gets done to the guilty parties. I have all 3 names and their server if you would like further correspondence. Please address this, otherwise continuing to play and defend red BL is pointless and takes away from the Spirit of the game. Otherwise, Red BL will always be at a disadvantage from the Alpine BL's.

keep your hopes up , i left wvw the moment i started seeing this bugs trending more and more , the only guys that are not affected by this are roamers that only want duels and 1v2's , but for the people who cares about their objectives and contribute for their realm which makes defending more fun are getting ignored , lots of people complained about this and still no fix , the only way to deal with this is to remove desert and replace it with the other two we have  , but i guess its too much work for them , or maybe the main wvw lad who is a thief main is enjoying that , who knows.

• Like 1

I remember there use to be a way to skip outer bay in the alpine borderlands if you owned the southwest spawn and the South west camp by doing jumping puzzle like activities  by heading out the east exit of spawn and hopping on that rock out crop which would let you glide and climb up higher behind spawn. From there you could glide across the camp and walk literally over the first wall without needing any siege. Granted I never used it to take the keep but  I found it quite funny that it was not considered as a possibility with the addition of gliding and glide zones 🤣 I think they finally added a invisible wall there so now it can't be done.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I was half expecting to be able to hit youtube and find a video of this but no luck so far. They have added invisible walls over the years to fill in blanks, could see them doing this again.

Some of the cheating appears to be going under the terrain. No reason for a wall to have to be above ground!

I wish some people wouldn't get so cross about whether it's an "exploit" or a "hack". Both are cheating. Well done those who keep doing it, you're driving more people out of WvW. I hope you will enjoy playing WvW by yourself, or other game modes if Anet decide to remove WvW.

1 hour ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Some of the cheating appears to be going under the terrain. No reason for a wall to have to be above ground!

I wish some people wouldn't get so cross about whether it's an "exploit" or a "hack". Both are cheating. Well done those who keep doing it, you're driving more people out of WvW. I hope you will enjoy playing WvW by yourself, or other game modes if Anet decide to remove WvW.

Under the floor would be a hack, this sound more like a shadow step or teleport to terrain jump. But I haven't seen it so I could be wrong.