My friend's binds...

jhern.6097

If it works for them then it's not crazy.

Mine probably sounds confusing, especially if you're right-handed. I put all the skills on the number pad with heal on 0 so it's big and easy to find, then put other combat functions like profession skills, dodge, weapon swap and take target around them and use my thumb on the arrow keys to move. The little block above the arrow keys has F5, special action key and additional pet commands (because I mainly play a ranger). Then the main keyboard is used for other stuff, grouped together by function.

(I also have 1-4 and 6-9 skills in a line on G, H, J, K, L, ;, ' and # which gets used once a year for Bell Choir.)

Heal NUM0,

Skills 2-5 NUM1, NUM2, NUM3, NUM Enter.

Utilities and Elite, NUM4, NUM5, NUM6, NUM+.

Jump HOME but I have rebound my Home key to my Right Shift because leaving jump as right shift interferes with numpad binds.

Profession toolbars are on Del, Ins, End, and Pg Down.

Profession Mechanic is on NUM8

Special Action NUM7

Mount NUM9

Pet Swap Pg Up.

Weapon Swap NUM Period.

Interact and weapon skill 1 are on mouse buttons

Dodge is on ' key which is re-bound to my mouse clutch.

I move with arrow keys

I am left handed.

• Like 1

German keyboard. (qwertz)

I have movement with wasd, weapon skills at 1-5. The other skills centered around this. Q for the elite, e for heal. And x, c, v for the other ones I think. F for the usual thing. 😄
I did not yet find a good idea for where to put the special action key - hate when this is required too much in fights. Having it at 6 atm but hard to reach. The F keys are already annoying to use and I use a mix of mouse and keyboard sometimes. (Clicking on some of the buttons.)

(I would need to re-arrange some of the other buttons that are not used that often. UI stuff also occupies a lot of buttons.

Weapon swap is left of the 1 - but I don't need it often. The mount button is lower left of the A - < in my keyboard layout. Set to Raptor by default. The other mounts actually I have set - though I have the right hand usually at the mouse - to num pad ... each mount a button to mount it directly.

For bell choir I have set it the alternative bindings for the heal/utiltiy/elite to the other number keys after 5/6.

I actually haven't changed a lot on mine. X is to mount, so I bound Shift + X for my skiff. And for my mounts I rebound their skills from C and V to 2 and 3, mostly so I can fly easier. The downside is that I now can't use Fireballs on my skyscale because the fireballs CAN'T be rebound. But since I kinda hate skyscales anyway, no big deal. My griffon deserves to fly fast more.

57 minutes ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

One of my guild members clicks his skills 😱

I also partially click skills, in combination with keyboard (vanilla keybinds). 

I have interact on E instead of F. Profession skill F5 is Mouse 5 (Because Holosmith). Mounts are in order from Num 1 - Num 9. And as weird as it sounds I don't have a keybind for weaponswap.

• Like 2

I'm left-handed, so:

Movement on Arrow keys

Hotbar has 1 on mouse, and 2-10 are \, Del, End, Pg Down, Numpad 7, 4, 1, 0, and Home

Class Mechanic skills are Numpad Num Lock, /, *, -,  and +

Jump is Right Ctrl, weapon swap is Pg Up, walk/run is Num Pad Del, Interact is Num Pad 5, mount is Num Pad 2, and that context-specific ability is Num Pad 3.

Menu hotkeys are unchanged.

1,2,3,4,5,6 + F1-F5 = Default Keys
WASD + Mouse (hold left and right button at once) = movement, I swap fluently between W and mouse depending on the situation
ALT = Extra Mouse Button
SHIFT = Extra Mouse Button
Utility 1 = ALT+2
Utility 2 = ALT+3
Utility 3 = ALT+4
Elite = Extra Mouse Button

Build Template 1 = SHIFT+1
Gear Template 1 = SHIFT+2
Build Template 2 = SHIFT+3
Gear Template 2 = SHIFT+4
Build Template 3 = SHIFT+5
Build Template 4 = SHIFT+6
Gear Template 3 = SHIFT+7
Note: Build 2 &3 use the same gear-set. 

Dodge = SHIFT+F4
Weaponswap = SHIFT+F3
Special Action Key = Mousewheel Click

This setup allows me to access everything with my left hand resting in position. In addition, I can swap builds & gear-sets as quickly as swapping weapons. It took me several weeks to get used to it, but I do not regret it. The layout is convenient and allows me to play better and faster than in my youth.

Because I'm stubborn and didn't want to have to install radial mount, my mount hotkeys are all around WASD. Springer on Q, Jackal is E and Warclaw is Shift+E, Griffon is R and Skyscale is Shift+R, Z is Skimmer, X is Raptor, C is beetle and Shift+C is Siege Turtle. Makes them pretty accessible while I'm moving and once the muscle memory is built up I can quick swap pretty effectively. XD

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Sad 1

I have a question for those people who have weapon skills 1 and 2 (or any skill really) bound to their mouse buttons, are these just extra mouse buttons (eg on the side, mouse button 3+ etc) or are you using the main mouse buttons for this? And if the latter have you changed your look mode?

I use the standard look and move mode where holding down mouse button 1 or 2 changes where you look and the direction the forward key will move you. I'm mostly happy with this but I would prefer to rebind the hold-down-to-look button to instead be holding down the mouse wheel which would free up that button to be skill 1. However, it doesn't seem like you can change bindings for the hold-down-to-look and hold-down-to-change-forward-direction buttons...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

As someone who played Tera before GW2 I basically default to action cam so I don't have to click+drag to move my camera. Frees up my LMB and RMB - LMB is rigged to my weapon's auto attack and RMB is a manual target as long as I have my crosshair over the thing I want to target when I press RMB. Swinging the mouse around when in action cam basically has the same effect, but some game objects (looking at you, arrow carts) may require you to toggle off action cam to use properly.

There are gaming mice that have buttons along the thumb side, my logitech for instance has 1-12 keys that I rigged up for my 6-0 skills, my profession abilities, and my special action key. Only things I press with my left hand are like, weapon skills 2-5. Otherwise I'm using my left hand for WASD movement and dodging with V. xD

• Sad 1