is the Halloween event going to be the same thing again?

trunks.5249

That said, most updates tend to be minor things, like adding some race courses. Generally, they do fairly minimal work on festivals since they only show up for 3 weeks/year, and instead use that time to develop other things.

Based on what we've seen the past year, we'll probably get a jade bot adventure to do as the new content.

• Confused 1

The whole remove all your gear to play this event has even the most active pve farming players are sick of this.  What would be interesting if they redid this to be like drizzlewood coast between the Mad King, Joko, and the Prince for a Pve/wvw kind of event.  All the players who die end up fighting for Joko 🙂 lol

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Quodaax.8370 said:

Well, it's past 00:30 UTC-7 and no festival. I guess, once again, the wiki is wrong.

Where does the Wiki say the update will happen at that time? (I'd like to know so I, or another player, can fix it.)

All the places I can see on the Wiki only say the festival will start on the 17th October. It pretty much goes without saying (literally, in that they don't specify a time) that it will be the same time updates normally happen which is 9am - 10am Pacific time or about 16:00 - 17:00 UTC.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well ... usually the other seasonal events/festivals introduce new stuff and they keep it up for the following ones. The new weekly chest has started with SAB. Tradeable (at the TP) there and you had to buy it at the vendor. (Eeasiest.) Later ones added it to the weekly achievement. (Where in the last "week" - with only 1-2 days - it can be annoying. But as long as you can farm certain events it won't be hard. Here the JP and races/time trials I guess.)

Main achievements seem to already have a lot of stuff and it needs to be possible for new players to catch up and for older players to actually finish stuff - halloween belongs to the most expensive festivals considering certain minis are account bound and cost like about 100 of the currency at the vendor. Adding small stuff every now and then ... until they maybe are finished ... is good enough. (I hope the next iteration will just finish up with some kodan vendor stuff and maybe small mini again and stuff for the annual achievements. But I don't really think we need yet another set of copy past weapons each festival.)

2 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Well there is the minor small addition of easy mode clocktower that's been demanded for since 2012.

Sadly.

Friendly reminder that even 5 year olds can beat the clocktower.

Five year olds have time to attempt it over and over again until they get it, and then someone can post a video which gives no context of how much time the girl spent practicing to get there as a cheap shot to shame people.

There are lots of things I did with computer games as a kid that I wouldn't do now because time is more at a premium as an adult.

Mind you, I'd have been fine with a solo version of the tower so you can try again immediately after a fail.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 2

I'd also note that younger people tend to be better with reflex and fast action things than older players.  If there was some event where you had to hit the button as fast as possible after something showed up on the screen, younger players would almost certainly do better.

This also completely ignores everyone that has disabilities - most of GW2 can be played, but fast action things are likely to put disabled players at a big disadvantage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

Other than the jumping puzzle, is it just set up camp in a corner of the labyrinth and farm?   This has always been one of my least favorite events... am I missing something?

There's;

- labyrinth farming for mats and achievements. There's no set up in a corner in farm becuase you are doing events, bosses, mob farming and so forth across it all

- various races;

- pvp activities;

- collections and mini quests;

- jumping puzzle;

- annual meta achievements;

- dailies;

- armour rewards. guild hall decorations and tons of minis to collect;

- a semi strike against the Mad King;

- Mad King says;

- costume brawls

- mini door events in some early maps;

- likely the usual community activities

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 4

On 10/16/2023 at 7:12 PM, trunks.5249 said:

do not get me wrong i like the yearly festivals. however they ae also getting old i think we need new events in them. anyone know if there will be any changes?

yes you can expect nobody on here to agree with you that new things should be added to the halloween event (especially the very active forum users).  They will tell you its fine the way it is and nothing new needs to be added, or perhapse if you're really lucky they will tell you that they're happy that nothing new was added. (whatever defends the company and advocates for the least amount of work for devs, that's the opinion that "everyone" (ie 5 or so avid users on here) agrees with.

• Confused 2

On 10/17/2023 at 3:14 AM, Klypto.1703 said:

The whole remove all your gear to play this event has even the most active pve farming players are sick of this.  What would be interesting if they redid this to be like drizzlewood coast between the Mad King, Joko, and the Prince for a Pve/wvw kind of event.  All the players who die end up fighting for Joko 🙂 lol

The way the lab farm, is done, is player driven. It's how the community, decided to do, large populated farm. You don't actually, have to do the lab, that way.

Edited by SnackParty.3178