halloween events in wvw

nondesu.3986

3 hours ago, nondesu.3986 said:

hi i’m non, and i have a few suggestions for bringing halloween to wvw.

1: steve. plop him in ebg and let him run wild. keep his pve stats and let him scale like normal. also let him target siege.

2: idk pumpkins or something

Steve should show up and kill anyone who hasn't moved in 10 minutes to remove the afk people using scripts to prevent the afk timer from kicking them.  He should be immune to anyone else around.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Steve should show up and kill anyone who hasn't moved in 10 minutes to remove the afk people using scripts to prevent the afk timer from kicking them.  He should be immune to anyone else around.

Actually while thinking on adding to the humor you brought up it gave me an idea. But before we go there we need to ask the question about auto-runners. Are they all bad or just the ones that can run in place without any risk of being attacked and killed? Example I don't mind those free loot bags when you break into an enemy objective and find them running in place. Its like an auto-running bonus loot piñata waiting to be cracked open. Same when you find them in the open world part of the WvW maps. As long as they can be killed, ok let then find a spot and try and not to be found, would be like little Easter eggs waiting for players to hunt down.

So if we are just looking at the ones that do it in spawn, which can't touched, then maybe we could go with something along the lines of a spawn debuff/buff.  On entering spawn the player is assigned a 15 minute buff of Mist-Immunity: Player will not attract Mist Assassins . Without the buff the player will spawn a Mist Assassin. The Mist Assassin will slowly move toward them, something that could be outpaced while using normal movement speed. If the Mist Assassin reaches the player, they are killed. Buff is regained on normal respawns after any deaths, upon entering a new map. If a player is spawning back without having it been done due to a death they will receive a Lesser Mist-Immunity that only lasts 3 minutes to prevent the go take a camp and then afk for 5 minute syndrome that a lot of changes seem to be targeted at.

They already even have some assets to reuse https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Vindicator. Just make them Champ level like the spawn guards give them a 1-shot melee range kill ability. I went with 15 mins as an example but it could match the actual timer that used in the normal auto-logout logic that says use a skill or get kicked warning that people bypass. 

Back to the beginning of this....So my first thought was Steve spawns, charges and mauls, the afk player, but that made me actually need to put on the hat that might be less irritating to those that would not find the humor in the experience. Personally it would be funny on both the receiving and watching ends, but hey I am mental. Now whether or not players could fight Steve, that's a whole other branching thought of adding Halloween in WvW. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Every time I see suggestions to add Steve, I have flashbacks to Scarlett Briar's armies invading WvW back during the first Living Story and everyone complaining about the additional PvE.

I am sad I missed that. I think Warhammer was still online at that time and we hadn't switched games yet since it was still quite active in its RvR. Till the last day, till the last hour till the last second, we fought. Till the War did end and the lights went out. I know RoR is still private and out there, but not the same thing. /WAAAGH!

5 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

The could literally do anything to WvW at this point and id be Happy/shocked.

And moving nodes doesnt count as something lol

Ah man I want my nodes in the objectives but everytime I visit EoTM I wouldn't mind the open world ones back as well lol.

'Oh look! They actually stopped at that Ori node, GET EM!'.

In that list of mediocre to crazy suggestions, I actually have two that are holiday themed.  The Halloween one was to put hordes and hordes of skeletons and zombies all over the map, effectively turning the entire thing into a zombie apocalypse.  I thought it might be fun to have to fight toward objectives, rather than just auto-running on Warclaw to them.

The other one was a Christmas idea, where interactable presents would be put all over the map that would give you various boons and buffs, or even debuffs as some booby prizes.  

On 10/17/2023 at 10:00 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ah man I want my nodes in the objectives but everytime I visit EoTM I wouldn't mind the open world ones back as well lol.

EotM absolutely should be updated and have stuff like this.

Hell, if they separated it from WvW balancing like they do with PvE and sPvP then it's the perfect testing area as well to fine tune stuff before big balance updates. God knows they need the free QA.

Reward track still has a halloween pail at the end, which means it is useless for most WvW players at this point. From a pure economic standpoint, the whole reward track is abut 12 gold (or whatever 311 Trick or Treat Bags are worth) per the wiki as of today. The ability to choose a candy corn cob (or just candy corn), High Quality Plastic Fangs, Gibbering Skull, Tyria's Best Nougat Center, or something other than a Halloween pail would be a good start. I do not think Tattered Bat Wings would be part of an altered drop table since it would make Ascent to Madness irrelevant. The valuation on SotO reward track, Wintersday reward track and EoD reward track are around 13 to 16 gold with conversions. 

If Arenanet were to spend more effort I am sure they could implement more things (see Wintersday siege proectiles), but that is a bare minimum effort that has not been used (anything that does not involve a straight up code replacement would count as effort, whether it is putting new NPCs or whatnot). The only other thing I can think of is a refund of 1 candy corn cob for a Halloween Pail which costs 3 candy corn cobs or a way to upgrade them to 28 or 32 slots.

If you mean aesthetically the easiest thing for them to do would be to reskin the keep and tower lords as well as the SMC lord since it would be a direct code replacement rather than a new NPC.

12 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Reward track still has a halloween pail at the end, which means it is useless for most WvW players at this point. From a pure economic standpoint, the whole reward track is abut 12 gold (or whatever 311 Trick or Treat Bags are worth) per the wiki as of today. The ability to choose a candy corn cob (or just candy corn), High Quality Plastic Fangs, Gibbering Skull, Tyria's Best Nougat Center, or something other than a Halloween pail would be a good start. I do not think Tattered Bat Wings would be part of an altered drop table since it would make Ascent to Madness irrelevant. The valuation on SotO reward track, Wintersday reward track and EoD reward track are around 13 to 16 gold with conversions. 

If Arenanet were to spend more effort I am sure they could implement more things (see Wintersday siege proectiles), but that is a bare minimum effort that has not been used (anything that does not involve a straight up code replacement would count as effort, whether it is putting new NPCs or whatnot). The only other thing I can think of is a refund of 1 candy corn cob for a Halloween Pail which costs 3 candy corn cobs or a way to upgrade them to 28 or 32 slots.

If you mean aesthetically the easiest thing for them to do would be to reskin the keep and tower lords as well as the SMC lord since it would be a direct code replacement rather than a new NPC.

Updates to the reward track are not a bad idea, but would leave the Pail as an option in a selectable end chest. Both for newer players and for those of us that are alt-o-holics. I usually, before they were removed, stacked reward track potions for this event. Still have 26 more toons to get more of them for lol. But you raise a good point that an update would seem to be a easy change to make.