November 28 Skills and Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

Honestly, berserker could get rid of the useless burst skill, which only can be there, for a player, to accidently use up adrenaline and prolong, going into the build's traits/abilities, of actually being berserker spec. You legit, just need the berserk mode trigger. No need to have core warrior skill, in the way.

Edited by SnackParty.3178
Too many commas.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/26/2023 at 1:40 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Emergency Elixir: This trait will now activate after using an elite skill instead of when being struck below a health threshold.

Problematic change because it makes it way harder to use when we run Elite Mortar Kit, it's hard enough as it is when you take relics that trigger on EMK. It's impossible to track all the internal cool downs that are being stacked on EMK which we have to use constantly because it's engineers only damage kit that isn't a utility skill. Emergency Elixir is functioning perfectly fine as it is currently, there's no reason to waste developer time making unnecessary changes when there are many other traits and skills that are under-performing. Alchemy, Explosives, and Tools are the strong Engineer trait lines.

• Elixir B: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
  • Toss Elixir B: This skill no longer has a chance to grant swiftness.
  • Toss Elixir U: Reduced the cooldown from 32 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Invigorating Speed: This trait will now also activate when gaining superspeed.
  • Transmute: This trait will now activate after using a healing skill instead of upon reaching a threshold of conditions.
  • Emergency Elixir: This trait will now activate after using an elite skill instead of when being struck below a health threshold.
  • HGH: Adjusted might from 3 stacks for 6 seconds to 2 stacks for 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.

These are filler changes to traits and skills that were functioning fine. I'd rather see developers focus on reworking Turrets and other under-performing skills like bomb kit or inventions traits.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SnackParty.3178 said:

Honestly, berserker, could get rid of the useless, burst skill, which only can be there, for a player, to accidently, use up adrenaline and prolong, going into the build's traits/abilities, of actually being berserker spec. You legit, just need the berserk mode, trigger. No need to have core warrior, skill, in the way.

You mean the F1 & F2?. Before I would have agreed but have found times against run away builds that the lockdown makes more sense then just going the elite trigger. I don't think I agree here in its removal at this point. It took some time to get used to but has its purpose. 🙂 Do agree, hate it when you hit the wrong one but, not so much that having the duel functions does help in situations.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: extended replied

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The Malicious sorcery rework is here within the context of making mesmer's scepter arguably "better", it doesn't question the usefulness of the attack speed buff of the trait. Now, if you ask me, they don't do a good job with the arms traitline minor traits and dual wielding definitely deserved to be part of the traits reworked.

They specifically mentioned the fact the trait doesn't work with quickness as a reason for changing it on the livestream. They are very well aware that it and Dual Wielding do not function properly. And yet only one of them gets changed.

On 10/26/2023 at 8:40 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Heat the Soul: This trait no longer has an internal cooldown. Reduced the quickness duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only. Decapitate grants 2 seconds of quickness.

Welp. Let's see if they also stealth-fixed the anomaly of this triggering on HIT rather than on CAST since not doing that would make the Longbow's [Scorched Earth] a quickness-granting machine. And also the whole "effect sometimes just stop reapplying"-thing. 

On 10/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Metaphysical Rejuvenation: This trait has been reworked. Grant regeneration to nearby allies after using a healing skill, with a 10-second internal cooldown.

I propose this change:

-renamed to Metaphysical Laminate: When you activate a healing skill, you gain Chaos Aura. Chaos Aura you create lasts 33% longer. 

Since you're shifting their passive damage bonus from regeneration to chaos aura, Mesmer will need more sources of it. Since regeneration is now being providable by Chaotic Transference, this equates to a more thematic, but still as effective solution for supports, while keeping non-supports on track to keep doing what they're doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Berserker

• Heat the Soul: This trait no longer has an internal cooldown. Reduced the quickness duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only. Decapitate grants 2 seconds of quickness.

I'd like for them to add a second, mutually exclusive from a gameplay standpoint, way to provide quickness, so Berserkers can give at least some quickness while they are not actively bashing someone's face in. As an example, amend the quickness trait with "Banner called down while at zero adrenaline also provide quickness".

Edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328

On 10/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Mechanical Genius: For a short period of time, the effect will remain active even after the mech moves out of range of the engineer.

I want to note an unintentional but problematic interaction that mech has with Mech Arms: Jade Cannons. Due to the incredibly restrictive range and the nature of the mech's AI being rather... Unadaptive at times, there will be an abundance of times that it will be out of range for mechanical genius. 

Proposed changes:

-Mechanical Genius: the range to maintain Mechanical Genius is increased to 600.

-Mech Arms: Jade Cannons: Now additionally increases the range of Mechanical Genius to 1200.

This should be enough to keep it useful and stop it from dropping mechanical genius as easily when an enemy moves around. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

i think the scrapper changes are moving in a positive direction, not enough to make them viable in competitive PVE game options. (without misusing untended proc'ing effects) 

Surprised that there was no actual Ranger changes minus the pet changes. Though i was hoping for Sun bears be become a pet. 🙃 (and a good pet) 

• Like 1

Can we have on the GS revenant on the 3 a correction either of the distance or of the fact that at max distance it doesn't run on the target and at the same time a correction of the vindicator aquatic dodge which takes longer than expected and not the same timer depending on the dodge you choose in aquatic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PiippoN.2056 said:

They specifically mentioned the fact the trait doesn't work with quickness as a reason for changing it on the livestream. They are very well aware that it and Dual Wielding do not function properly. And yet only one of them gets changed.

They were well aware of it since reaper's onslaught and they changed reaper's onslaught to give quickness many years ago. See where we are going?

Heightened Focus is a good idea but needs to just cause all of your burst/DTs to recharge after you push an elite skill for the next 10s (to match up with the fast-charge buff from Tactical Reload).

Primal Bursts are already on a 4.25s cd and DT's on a 8 before alacrity reduction and PvE Decapitate already refreshed automatically. And you're already hugely filtered by Adrenaline / Flig generation anyway, especially if it's competing with Burst Precision. You'd have to dedicate a psychotic amount of your utility skills or traits to pull anything even approaching useful off with even this. An be basically weak as a kitten when it's not up, so tbh I doubt this will even affect anything the way everything else's balance is rn.

Hello There, i hope you gonna fix heal scourge as people trying to communicate on this forum for wvw mode, no point to play this game mode anymore if you are not gonna fix it soon. 

Outside of this video with a squad tanking a Zerg with only scourge to point out the fact that's just a game breaking.

In more commons fights some of people playing 3 support in average in wvw and if they stack heal scourge in squad in each party for WvW so having 4/5 k Barrier per seconds + an other support like some druids/heal vindi having on side with arround a 4k to 8k heal per seconds healing potencial it's just breaking the game with the actual dmg there is in the game, specially after the berzerker nerf GS burst and also if you are a smaller group just forget about it.  

Looking towards to some fix to this barrier output killing the game and fun , Thanks.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, vaxynation.4961 said:

Hello There, i hope you gonna fix heal scourge as people trying to communicate on this forum for wvw mode, no point to play this game mode anymore if you are not gonna fix it soon. 

Outside of this video with a squad tanking a Zerg with only scourge to point out the fact that's just a game breaking.

In more commons fights some of people playing 3 support in average in wvw and if they stack heal scourge in squad in each party for WvW so having 4/5 k Barrier per seconds + an other support like some druids/heal vindi having on side with arround a 4k to 8k heal per seconds healing potencial it's just breaking the game with the actual dmg there is in the game, specially after the berzerker nerf GS burst and also if you are a smaller group just forget about it.  

Looking towards to some fix to this barrier output killing the game and fun , Thanks.

Scourge main here, love the class to death but this needs to be toned down a tad. 

Also I have a feeling anet don't really understand the meaning to feedback at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Can we have on the GS revenant on the 3 a correction either of the distance or of the fact that at max distance it doesn't run on the target and at the same time a correction of the vindicator aquatic dodge which takes longer than expected and not the same timer depending on the dodge you choose in aquatic.

Wdym this is clearly working as intended from release 🤡

• Haha 1

Reposting this here for Ranger change thoughts (competitive):

On 10/27/2023 at 5:16 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Still looking them over but...

Takedown change is a HUGE mistake.  No reason smokescale should lose a CC, and the tradeoff is the worst balance decision possible.  Do NOT increase the power coefficient, you will just get the same 1-shot build again with some other CC in place (GS #5 => newly hard hitting 'takedown' => Wordly Impact => etc.).  

If anything, take the CC off the soulbeast merge and leave the pet one alone.  The scary bursts aren't unmerged ones anyway, and you just hurt Untamed by removing a controllable CC all in the name of assuming hurting the soulbeast one-shot builds.

Other quick notes, Phoenix Dash NEEDS to be a CC--it makes no sense as-is, when you have E-Wyvern dash being a CC and leaving a field for instance.

Oh, and not sure I love Gazelle stopping at its target--but this is more of a nitpick like with sword idiosyncrasies.  I liked gazelle as is because it running through target allowed it to survive in larger scale content as it'd be outside the blob and not get nuked.  

EDIT: Other bad changes I just noticed--quickening screech change is going to get nerfed like 15 minutes after the patch considering what Dolyak can do for Soulbeast and Unflinching Fortitude--just going to make immortal and uncatchable soulbeasts.

Forage changes are also terrible.  All that just to get rid of plasma which was like a 1/4 roll anyway? Still have to pick the things up off the ground, so no one is going to be using Siamoth just for stealth.  At the very least you need to make Forage like steal where it's just available.  

"We'll be following the conversation and making further adjustments as needed"
I know it's a lie, but I want to believe.

Pretty please with a cherry on top: reconsider the pig pets forage changes.
Right now, you have to walk to the pet, or call the pet back, use the forage skill, go through the animation of picking up said forage, then using that forage right away as you can't use your weapon skill while holding the forage.
Changing them to only worst forage possible that we can get now is a bad call, reconsider please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some good ideas in there.
Let's look at what's wrong though.

• Relic of Leadership: Increased the number of conditions converted to boons from 3 to 5 in PvE and from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW.
  • Relic of the Water: Increased the number of conditions removed from 1 to 2.
  • Relic of the Centaur: Increased the stability stacks granted from 1 to 2 in all game modes. Increased the stability duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
  • Relic of Resistance: This relic now grants its effect to allies in a radius of 360.
  • Relic of the Herald: This relic now also grants its bonus when applying boons to yourself. Increased the concentration per stack from 15 to 25. This relic no longer has an internal cooldown.
  • Relic of the Monk: This relic no longer has an internal cooldown.
  • Relic of the Zephyrite: Increased the base duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Relic of Vass: This relic no longer has an internal cooldown when triggered by an elixir skill. Reduced the stack duration from 30 seconds to 10 seconds. Stacks are now expended when striking an enemy and when attacks are negated. Increased the poison duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only.
  • Relic of Peitha: The dagger is now launched from the ending location and fires faster. The damage increase now remains for a duration instead of ending after the first hit. Reduced the duration of the damage increase from 10 seconds to 4 seconds. Increased the torment duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds in PvE only.
  • Relic of the Ice: This relic now shoots ice at the nearest 5 enemies three times. Projectiles now inflict vulnerability. Increased the chill duration from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. Increased the damage coefficient from 0.5 to 1.0 in PvE only.

Considering how many Relics are currently meta and how many there actually is, this list seems rather short.

• Transmute: This trait will now activate after using a healing skill instead of upon reaching a threshold of conditions.
  • Emergency Elixir: This trait will now activate after using an elite skill instead of when being struck below a health threshold.

So instead of the condi cleanse being guaranteed to be useful when it triggers, you now either withold your heal or put it on cooldown when it isn't useful at all. No. This isn't a good approach to "more skilled gameplay", just a gimping one.
The barrier on elite is certainly less likely to be COMPLETELY wasted but still goes from mostly useful to probably mostly just partially used?

Strength in Numbers: This trait has been reworked and renamed Redemption. Cast Lesser Litany of Wrath when you use virtue skill 3. Lesser Litany of Wrath lasts for 3 seconds.

Among all the traits in Valor, a rather underpowered traitlist, you decide to remove one of those that saw use? Why? Rework another one like Strength of the Fallen or a bottom row one.

• Ashes of the Just: This skill now also applies 5 stacks of might to nearby allies for 8 seconds.

Buff up the duration to 10 or 12s and we're talking. Wouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to give 25 might now. As it is it doesn't loop with alac and 100% BD since the previous instance would drop while you're casting the next, even if you catch it off cd. Could use a QoL improvement tracking the CD in buff bar so we don't have to track it in our heads or cast it alongside a skill with the same CD to know.

• Soldier's Focus: Increased the heal attribute scaling from 0.8 to 1.0. Increased the protection duration from 2.5 seconds to 4 seconds in PvE and from 2.5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Vengeful Return: This trait has been reworked and renamed to Stalwart Focus. Increased  the incoming healing effectiveness and outgoing healing to allies.

Seems rather light compared to the mesmer support buffs. I know I'm not the only one memeing around with healsworn but that doesn't mean it's great.
The main problem with support warrior or warrior in general though is that it's far behind every other class in terms of utility options, even if this happens to be a sufficient buff to its output.

Bit disappointed you're still stubborn about some massively disliked reworks like Arc Divider, but overall seems like quite a good patch.

2 more things I missed for PvE Support:

Make auras stack duration if you want chaos aura to be essential to heal mesmer. All the better if it ups Tempest usability in the process.
Maybe give it alternative options that apply more Chaos Aura as well, at the cost of something else that is kinda useful to heal mes, you know, good supports have situational options. It's not like chaos aura itself is very reliable as a booning option, so I don't think that would be broken.

As far as healers go, Bringing Herald and Scrapper into the fold is great, but Tempest, Scourge(in group PvE) and Specter could use some more QoL/usability. Pretty cool that Relics can cover Prot issues and soon Swiftness issues though. I guess Resistance too?
Also I second that mantras, and overall booning on Firebrand is tedious and/or painful.

• Like 2