The LFG is so empty to you because people blocked by you now also make squads they're in not show up in LFG for you

Phoenix.7928

So if you block me for calling your mum seven slurs because I'm a insufferable kitten then you can't see that meta squad that I've joined. It vanishes off your LFG list. You can still join via "/squadjoin someone" should you happen to know that it's there and you know someone's name in it, but in LFG it's hidden to you.

That happens if ANY person you blocked happens to be in that squad. Doesn't have to be the commander. Just some random guy you blocked five years ago in PvP or whatever. That means blockworthy people can screw you over permanently now. Feel free to hop in the game and be a raging kitten to others then laugh at them because you being in a squad now hides that squad to them so it's much harder for them to find squads now. Great game design, right?

Edit: Example: player A blocks player B because reasons. Player B joins some meta chain squad. This squad is now hidden to player A in LFG because someone player A blocked happens to be in that squad.

Edit2: GW2 players are fine with not being able to join a meta train because some kitten they blocked happens to be in there. Not the reaction I expected, but sure. Enjoy your game.

Edit3: For easier understanding:

Edited by Phoenix.7928
simplifying³
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 19

• Phoenix.7928 changed the title to The LFG is so empty to you because people blocked by you now also make squads they're in not show up in LFG for you
3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

When did this change get into the game it have been requested alot by commanders that dont want their lfg to show for people they blocked.

Are  you sure the squad did not fill up and delist so commander never put itt up again?

YOU do NOT block OTHERS from joining YOUR squad. The BLOCKED ONE does HIDE THE LFG for the BLOCKEE.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Wait? I can block people from seeing my lfgs? 

AMAZING!! 

WTF is so hard about that to understand.

The ones YOU blocked will block YOU from seeing squads in lfg THEY are in.

Edited by Phoenix.7928
simplification
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Phoenix.7928 said:

Example: player A blocks player B because reasons. Player B joins some meta chain squad. This squad is now hidden to player A in LFG because someone player A blocked happens to be in that squad.

Yes, and?

While I do think it should work both ways, aka the blocked person should not be able to join a squad with a player who has him blocked, this would open up a lot of ways to abuse the system.

The primary goal is to allow players to filter who they want to play with. If Player A blocks player B, then one can assume player A doesn't want to be in a group/squad with player B, thus such groups are filtered out for him. Players A remains in control of which groups he can see or not see, he can always unblock player B.

Now if this worked both ways, player B could be filtered from groups without having any way of affecting this. Granted, in many cases this might be warranted and a notorious troll would be left with little grouping options, but it would also allow for coordinated harassment.

The way it is now is not ideal, but it strikes a middle ground between keeping a player in charge while not being to restrictive.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

This is how I expect a block list to work, and how players have asked for it to work for years. If I block someone it's because I don't want anything to do with them. I don't want to be in their group even if they're not the commander. (Ideally I'd like to never be on the same map as them, but I realise that's impractical.)

• Like 9
  • Confused 6

Eh, it's fine. I usually keep my block list empty anyways. If I add someone it's likely because they were spamming rage text and I got bored of it. But there'll come a point when I wont remember why they're there and don't really care anymore. If it's in PvP there's a chance I didn't even bother reading their name when I added them.

It's unlikely someone's really blocked for something truly evil to be perma-dead to you. If it's really that bad then you'd have them in your brain's mental block list too and not want to ever group with them anywhere anyways. Most of the time people are just going to be annoying in-the-moment and may be having a bad day and may be fine next time you run into them and probably wont even remember each other and have a fun time.

Hell, there was a time someone was massively awful to me in a Fractal group over something silly and went on a long rant the rest of the run~ I probably would have blocked them if it was in PvP or something but didn't bother to as I just wanted to keep finishing dailys and move on and would still like to see if I was asked to do anything specific. He ended up whispering me after to apologise as he was just hurting over RL stress at the time and offered me their full home instance to be nice.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Phoenix.7928 said:

That means blockworthy people can screw you over permanently now. Feel free to hop in the game and be a raging kitten to others then laugh at them because you being in a squad now hides that squad to them so it's much harder for them to find squads now. Great game design, right?

Let me get this straight. You think that someone that doesn't like you is going to:

1.) Purposely camp a squad on the off chance that you might be doing the same meta at the same time.

2.) Is going to have the impeccable timing of affecting you within the 10 seconds it takes to join the squad and enter the relevant map

3..) Waste their time if you land in the correct instance anyways.

4.) And even if they did manage to magically do all this, they would deny you a single squad.

5.) They are going to laugh at you because they may have stopped you from joining a map, even though there is basically no way to confirm that.

I suppose someone could make many different alts, annoy you with all of them to make you block all of them, and then camp each alt in a different squad 24.7 , then this might be possible. But then again I think you're more likely to get the Confetti/Queen Bee Infusion first, and by that time you will have had enough gold not to run metas anymore anyways.

edit: Also any of this magnificent scheming is defeated by having a single friend.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

"

• Blocking a player does not prevent them from seeing your text in any chat channel.
  • Blocking a player does not prevent them from joining your LFG listing.

"

But.. it would prevent me from seeing any group in LFG that player is in ?

That.. doesn't make any sense. At all.

Can anyone confirm what OP is saying ?

Edited by Sirvaleen.1379
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sirvaleen.1379 said:

"

• Blocking a player does not prevent them from seeing your text in any chat channel.

"

I always thought, that it's just matters , if you have blocked the commander, but I tested it with my alt-accounts and currently the OP is right. As soon as my blocked acc joined the group or squad it disappeared from the lfg for the acc that has blocked it, no matter of commander or not or the subgroup.

I'm not sure , if it always worked this way or, if this was a recent change, but this is a bad solution in my opinion.

• Thanks 5

16 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

I always thought, that it's just matters , if you have blocked the commander, but I tested it with my alt-accounts and currently the OP is right. As soon as my blocked acc joined the group or squad it disappeared from the lfg for the acc that has blocked it, no matter of commander or not or the subgroup.

I'm not sure , if it always worked this way or, if this was a recent change, but this is a bad solution in my opinion.

Oh my. That sounds like a way for people to ruin the game experience for others on purpose.

It should definitely be the other way round: If I feel bothered by someone and care to block him, I shouldn’t see groups/squads he’s in with. If I want to see “more” groups, I have to unblock them.

Currently, players can cast out other players with no way for them to avoid it.

Edited by AllNightPlayer.1286
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Blocking someone only hides the group they lead on LFG, it doesn't prevent them from seeing and joining your LF.G, you can also join the squad they are in.

My block list is mostly filled with Raid/Strike sellers, I also use the block list to filter out the static ads polluting LFG. I had people join in my squad from LFG, despite being on my block list for one of the reasons mentioned. I don't see them typing in chat, since they are blocked, but they see and can join my groups.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Blocking someone only hides the group they lead on LFG, it doesn't prevent them from seeing and joining your LF.G, you can also join the squad they are in.

My block list is mostly filled with Raid/Strike sellers, I also use the block list to filter out the static ads polluting LFG. I had people join in my squad from LFG, despite being on my block list for one of the reasons mentioned. I don't see them typing in chat, since they are blocked, but they see and can join my groups.

You can join a squad which include a player you have blocked. But you can not see that squad in LFG, is that right ? That's the part that's bothering me if I've understood that correctly. I wasn't aware of that at all and it can become a problem if your block list is significant.

Edit : From what Schimmi said, the player doesn't have to lead the squad for it to just not appear in your LFG, just be in that group. THAT is the pain point imho.

Edited by Sirvaleen.1379
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sirvaleen.1379 said:

You can join a squad which include a player you have blocked. But you can not see that squad in LFG, is that right ? That's the part that's bothering me if I've understood that correctly. I wasn't aware of that at all and it can become a problem if your block list is significant.

You can see the squad, even if someone in the squad - that isn't the commander - is on your block list.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You can see the squad, even if someone in the squad - that isn't the commander - is on your block list.

No, you can't. I tested it with alt accounts and just re-tested it again. I open a squad with alt A, join the squad with alt B, block alt B on alt C and the squad of alt A vanishes off the LFG for alt C. However if alt A blocks alt C, alt C can still see the LFG entry of alt A and join alt A's squad. It's mind-boggling.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sirvaleen.1379 said:

"

"

Exactly that. Don't want to read the raging pvp'ers hate spam during the match and block him? Better hope the guy doesn't happen to join some meta train you wanted to hop on later as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix.7928 said:

No, you can't. I tested it with alt accounts and just re-tested it again. I open a squad with alt A, join the squad with alt B, block alt B on alt C and the squad of alt A vanishes off the LFG for alt C. However if alt A blocks alt C, alt C can still see the LFG entry of alt A and join alt A's squad. It's mind-boggling.

I literally had a person on my block list for Strike selling join my IBS Strike group on Wednesday and today I joined a W4 run on my alt where 2 people were on my block list for whatever reason I blocked them for.

So, yes, you can join groups that have people you blocked as long as they are not the commander, the blocked people can also see your group and join it, but you won't see their chat, however they will see what you type in chat regardless.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Time to clean out my blocklist. 

Have like 200+ people on it. 

Let's see the result. 

Why would you clear the list when you just said it's "even better"? 🤔 

I don't think that's how it normally worked, but since some people here apparently tested that with their alts, it's either an awful change or -hopefully- a bug.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1