Wvw is freeze in time... Devs make smtg

aegris.3175

From precious time on rbl with a lake and bomb, Hehe, all maps is frozen. Mechanics with monsters or broke or bugged. Players is  have only a cirus show about towers and sm.

Lets compare with pve of that times? Hot, pof, ice saga, EoD.. Have a specific or even unique mechanic on metas. Why we cant see even it on' road to go ' from developers? 😋 Only blabla alluances.. Blabla how cool it be.

😂Stop to dream and tell to us about 2030-2040 years. Add something fresssh on maps. At least change sm lord to one of pve dragons

Edited by aegris.3175
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Am I the only one who needs a translation?

From what I understand, the guy is asking for a real roadmap for WvW development, that maps and stuff are outdated/frozen in time, and how alliances aren't a real roadmap.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It’s quite clear he is saying replace EBG with Tangled Depths.

In chacks we thrust...

And, if serious, current dps level is easy let players to skip almost all lord mechanics and take close to zero dmg. So lords, for current(soto) time is have not many different from a dummy golem forr pve raid. 😉We need Actualy wvw. Not a hello from dusty past

On 11/6/2023 at 8:10 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

It’s quite clear he is saying replace EBG with Tangled Depths.

I dunno, sometimes I recieve word that a WvW guild has transferred over but never see them in WvW. Though did find them in Tangled depths! Would just be home to them.

You also need some brain cells to work that map too, which tbh would be an excellent filter for the average EBG zombie.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 11/7/2023 at 6:23 PM, disForm.2837 said:

That's stuff of nightmares, forget the enemies, imagine TD without gliding or mounts.

The GW2 boomers among us do not have to imagine--we lived it.

To be fair, we always had gliding--or if somehow you found yourself there while utterly ignoring the mastery system soon learned what gliding was.  

I never understood how we have gone this long without new maps, as the ones that exist are buggy as hell so not like they can't just slap something together with the assets they have.  The potential there is the depressing part--would have liked to see like a city type thing with EoD with ziplines and such and the buildings being the keep (GW2 meets counter-strike lol).  

• Haha 2

On 11/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I dunno, sometimes I recieve word that a WvW guild has transferred over but never see them in WvW. Though did find them in Tangled depths! Would just be home to them.

You also need some brain cells to work that map too, which tbh would be an excellent filter for the average EBG zombie.

Brains.........................

Fried, steamed, gumbo, garlic, raw, buttered, roasted, grilled, filled, dipped, butter-basted, minced, stuffed, topped, battered, instant, peppered, bacon wrapped.....

Oh wait what were we talking about? Sorry you had me brain....

Adding PVP to PVE maps, would give some players more reasons to buy the expansions. I don't think they need to mix the PVE mode with PVP, maybe they can keep the modes separated somehow. Let PVP players enjoy the PVE maps in their own way. And not all pve maps need to have PVP. Just compare how many pvp/wvw maps there are vs the pve maps... My characters don't have more than 8% of map completion.

2 hours ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

Adding PVP to PVE maps, would give some players more reasons to buy the expansions. I don't think they need to mix the PVE mode with PVP, maybe they can keep the modes separated somehow. Let PVP players enjoy the PVE maps in their own way. And not all pve maps need to have PVP. Just compare how many pvp/wvw maps there are vs the pve maps... My characters don't have more than 8% of map completion.

My first character, from 2012 still have 98% of world map 😂  because this is absolutly not need for wvw. Yeah Yeah gift but kitten. I already have wvw leges and buy necessary weapons.. I come only for ethernal war

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aegris.3175 said:

My first character, from 2012 still have 98% of world map 😂  because this is absolutly not need for wvw. Yeah Yeah gift but kitten. I already have wvw leges and buy necessary weapons.. I come only for ethernal war

Legendary weapons and sigils actually have a disadvantage over ascended ones in WvW.
If you want to switch out a weapon, all stats are reset and sigils removed.
You can alleviate it with templates, but it feels like a waste to have another identical template sheet, just for a changed weapon.
And especially in guild setups, where e.g. firebrands switch in hammer for a blast before quickly switching back to their original set, this only works with ascended weapons, not legendary.

2 hours ago, Dediggefedde.4961 said:

Legendary weapons and sigils actually have a disadvantage over ascended ones in WvW.
If you want to switch out a weapon, all stats are reset and sigils removed.
You can alleviate it with templates, but it feels like a waste to have another identical template sheet, just for a changed weapon.
And especially in guild setups, where e.g. firebrands switch in hammer for a blast before quickly switching back to their original set, this only works with ascended weapons, not legendary.

TL;DR legendaries have a disadvantage when players want to exploit the out of combat mechanic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/12/2023 at 11:39 AM, Chronardis.4028 said:

They should replace one of the alpine borelands with an underwater map and rework the underwater combat. Let's have underwater battles for the quaggan villages instead of camps, krait towers and largos keeps. 

if i not wrong,in past,they try..but drop that idea,because ranger classes is rect all with fking pets XD

On 11/12/2023 at 12:28 AM, asterix.9614 said:

I want a new, well thought out map with new mechanics. We haven't had a new map since the desert bl, the expansions don't really bring anything new to wvw.

I would love that EBG could be replace with a ancient destroyed city layout map and a big castle at the center, choke points, barricades to delay and trap enemies

The BL's could be 3 diferent zones arround the city

Guild's could get unique rewards (similiar to WOE from RO) by owning keeps over time(this would help red bl since  that map is way to much for low effort depth that gw2 mechanics offer ) great map but in a game that doesnt help the map.

Remove lame  transmogriffers from fire keep and make it work like a charr panzer factory (with th emachanics to get few players inside similiar to the siege turtle cannons mechanic)guilds owning it would get access to built a charr siege tank, with the rule of 1 per server/alliance use, guilds could store siege prints but this siege would require them to have the fire keep/factory keep, the siege vehicle would require a lot of supply and would take some time to be built could be also repaired by a very minimal % racio compared with supply used.

Air keep could be used to call a air strike(or a dragon aerial atack :) Air keep could be turned into a dragon nest)at enemy tower/keep similiar to what we have on smc currently, this could be used in any map.

Every keep could have it's own mechanic of use, besides all the assets and mechanics already exist for this stuff to work just fork (Anet reuses skills and weapons from classes but lacks IQ and EQ to be clever and reuse other stuff in game that could improve the game by alot... lol the irony), and this could be used also in pve but with being far far more weaker.

So much can be done but we will end with a 11111 and boonfart gameplay fighting with massive groups vs nothing...in favor of the ktrain pvd.

WE NEED WVW 2.0.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1