Skill Lag getting worse and worse

Atrom.1564

I can tell you that for whatever reason, when EBay (home server), faces Blackgate, the lag makes WvW nearly unplayable. It's weird that we face map queues frequently on other servers but the moment we start to push into an enemy BG group, our skills become completely useless. And we are talking about people with high end gaming rigs with the game installed on top tier SSDs. 

Again I want to reiterate this primarily ONLY happens when pushing into BG groups. We could be pushing into another server's group on the same BL on the same night and have ZERO skill issues. Then 5 minutes later lag central against BG. 

• Like 1

Thought I was doing something wrong lol. I was playing a ranger and suddenly whilst duelling a thief my skills and utilities started to lag, also couldn't get pet to swap sometimes. Half my burst went to waste, I don't know how lag/ ping works but I have a 300mb connection. 

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Like 1

b-b-b-b-but...

Necromancer

Death Nova: Increased the minion summoning interval from 3 seconds to 15 seconds in WvW only. Reduced the power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.3 in WvW only.

Summon Madness: Reduced the number of minions summoned from 8 to 4 in WvW only.

Reaper

"Rise!": Reduced the maximum number of targets from 2 to 1 in WvW only.

6 hours ago, diomache.9246 said:

When was that? I played reset from 21:00 to 00:30 on Vabbi and no skill lag at all.

There was like 2-3 way fights in T3 EU, all 3 maps including EBG, where suddenly skills would take ages to work, for the first 2-3 hours into reset.

It was bad. 

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, asterix.9614 said:

but I have a 300gb connection. 

There is no such thing as a 300gb connection unless your house is literally inside a transatlantic fiber cable.

Anyway since Anet keep putting bandaids over bandaids in WvW instead of looking at the root of the problem like the deep dives they did in the early days, skill lag is just the daily life of a WvWer 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

There is no such thing as a 300gb connection unless your house is literally inside a transatlantic fiber cable.

Anyway since Anet keep putting bandaids over bandaids in WvW instead of looking at the root of the problem like the deep dives they did in the early days, skill lag is just the daily life of a WvWer 🤷‍♂️

Omfg, I meant 300mb 🤣🤣🤣 wish it was 300 gb (if that exists) though XD

you assume that this is something that anet can do something about.

but:

your connection might be bad with real time stuff. And no, watching 5 streams at the same time is not the same. 

your isp's peering with amazon might suck

you are just living too far from the data centers

buffer bloat

those are all things that can cause lag and these are all things that anet has no way of dealing with.

For the second: you can check that one out online. The big exchanges have their peering data online.

First and fourth might be able to change when you switch your provider.

Third is just a sorry-out-of-luck scenario.

• Confused 1

On 11/10/2023 at 12:18 PM, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

I can tell you that for whatever reason, when EBay (home server), faces Blackgate, the lag makes WvW nearly unplayable. It's weird that we face map queues frequently on other servers but the moment we start to push into an enemy BG group, our skills become completely useless. And we are talking about people with high end gaming rigs with the game installed on top tier SSDs. 

Again I want to reiterate this primarily ONLY happens when pushing into BG groups. We could be pushing into another server's group on the same BL on the same night and have ZERO skill issues. Then 5 minutes later lag central against BG. 

Creating lag is BG's primary tactic. It evens the skill gap so they can compete with other servers.

Maybe ANet needs to implement an anti-faceroll mechanic where if you push too many buttons per second you get power blocked for 5 seconds and can't send any input to the server. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Having a lot of fun imaging people in this meta suddenly healing and putting boons on opponents because they're too close. Or converting boons into condi's on friendlies. I'd absolutely love it.

Friendly fire is not boon sharing. It would be fun if the damage from the AoEs would be neutral, not aligned to any team.
You drop your  barrage around you? Prepare for the fun times. 

body collision is (or was) already there in game but only during combat. 
let’s put everybody on combat while outside from the respawn: aren’t people complaining about the mounts being too fast? This removes the option to recall the mount after you get out from the respawn or few seconds after teleport. 
This always on combat thing will also fix all the other heinous issues in wvw like the CDs and HP  reset in high mobility classes. 

ah and remove the F action to revive downed allies: there are already plenty of skills which fulfill that. 

21 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

body collision is (or was) already there in game but only during combat.

You're saying that no one stacks on commander in combat because they keep blocking themselves from moving that close? 

WvW must have changed alot since I was in a few hours ago 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You're saying that no one stacks on commander in combat because they keep blocking themselves from moving that close? 

WvW must have changed alot since I was in a few hours ago 🤷‍♂️

I meant the checkbox to activate it has always been there. 
It would be fun if the commanders could not do the one pixel blob thing and had to prepare the squads properly.