Got 80 Acclaim less because i did my weekly fast

neffi.9175

So since ANets timers all pointed out that weekly and daily would end with the Update I took my time and rushed through the weekly but when the Update came live I was kinda disappointed. Instead of 40 Acclaim they are worth 50 now. Very bad communication between ANet and the playerbase once more. Why won't this company just tell us how the season change would impact the Vault prior? Didn't even they know what would Happen? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, neffi.9175 said:

So since ANets timers all pointed out that weekly and daily would end with the Update I took my time and rushed through the weekly but when the Update came live I was kinda disappointed. Instead of 40 Acclaim they are worth 50 now. Very bad communication between ANet and the playerbase once more. Why won't this company just tell us how the season change would impact the Vault prior? Didn't even they know what would Happen? 

Maybe they didn't.

I was surprised to see that the Weeklies weren't reset and I was still on 3 out of 6. I expected I had to do 6 weeklies in the next 5 days. Now I only have to 3 more. Yes, it cost me 30 acclaim (or 80 in your case). But is that really a problem? It is a very low amount compared to the amount of acclaim you get for a whole season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

You're right it is more a problem of communication. Those 80 Acclaim is more like missing 2 gold in the end. Still I don't get it when ANet stays silent when ppl already questioning what will happen with the reward/weekly/daily system when a new season goes live. Yet all information we got where those timers and those where missleading IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

How will we ever recover from this critical blow. My 80 AC. It hurts even more than Xera asking you mockingly "How does it feel, to make it so far, only to fail". When You pugging her in all welcome group. Such a loss. We should get black mourning line thing on our avatars. xd

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

80 AA doesn't really mater.
We get so much AA, you will be able to buy everything in the vault without problems.

They didn't communicate, because there is no issue.

Would be extremely greedy to demand an announcement for such little change that makes you getting 2 gold less within 3 months...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

80 AA doesn't really mater.
We get so much AA, you will be able to buy everything in the vault without problems.

They didn't communicate, because there is no issue.

Would be extremely greedy to demand an announcement for such little change that makes you getting 2 gold less within 3 months...

I don't see a reason to NOT at least include it in the patch notes, though. This and reducing the daily AA chest from 30 to 20. Even the tooltip still says 30 on that, so internal communication doesn't seem to have been too great, either.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Oof. Another change that hasn't been communicated, sadly.

This is a bigger deal than being short AA...communication is not their strong suit these days.  Sure, they'll throw out a broad overview, but the details are lacking and we're left to guess on many of the mechanics.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

My brother, I have done all of SOO in the first 2 days only for them to come up with special bonus objectives worth 2000 AA for the exact things I had already done, over the 3 weeks following the expansion's launch. They did not care back then, so they are not going to care about someone potentially losing 60-80 AA because they decided to give slightly more rewards after you had already completed them.

To add, I find the Tuesday update cycles really bad timing, because the time of updates doesn't coincide with any other cycle in the game. There's things that reset on Friday, things that reset on Monday midnight, things that reset on Monday at 10 am, and then new festivals and content that may change everything that reset on Monday comes out on Tuesday at 19:00.

Edited by Player.2475

Daily chest now gives only 30AP (before 40) but weekly objectives now give 50AP (before 40AP).

So for now on, you can gain +10AP weekly providing you are doing everything.

If you are doing dailies, but not all weeklies, too bad for you. Also if you did weeklies on monday in hope for reset, you lost 80ap one time only, feels bad man,

The change overall is good, as doing dailies every single day could be boring, and doing weeklies at some point is much easier goal.

might not work for me best, as i really dislike puzzles, and getting into strike missions is scary, not the mission itself, but other players.

There was some miscomunication with this 1 day to reset, and some ppl did weeklies on monday to score double week chest.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, evilcat.6817 said:

Daily chest now gives only 30AP (before 40) but weekly objectives now give 50AP (before 40AP).

So for now on, you can gain +10AP weekly providing you are doing everything.

If you are doing dailies, but not all weeklies, too bad for you. Also if you did weeklies on monday in hope for reset, you lost 80ap one time only, feels bad man,

The change overall is good, as doing dailies every single day could be boring, and doing weeklies at some point is much easier goal.

might not work for me best, as i really dislike puzzles, and getting into strike missions is scary, not the mission itself, but other players.

There was some miscomunication with this 1 day to reset, and some ppl did weeklies on monday to score double week chest.

The problem is that people already report that the daily chest gives them 20AA and not 30AA as the tooltip says. There is confusion all over the place!

The daily chest gave 30 before. Not it gives 20. Not sure about the tooltips cause I usually only hovered over it when opening it - and when completed and ready to open it did omit the tooltip.

I like the toggle for the watch list though. (First thought it was a visual bug. This also was not in the patch notes I think. When you have vault achievements on watch you have a small icon next to the watch list in the UI ... top right - where it looks like the small vault icon and achievement icon overlapping. And you can switch between the 2 lists.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

-60 for me, but tbh it's rather meaningless.

Still, I'm not sure why this change isn't in the patchnotes (I think) and the shorter weekly timer was definitely weird. I'd probably care if there wasn't overabundance of aa anyways -but there is, so I don't.

e: the 20/50 aa rewards information is in additional patchnotes now.

Edited by Sobx.1758

7 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

I don't see a reason to NOT at least include it in the patch notes, though.

What do you expect?
"Hey, the weekly timer was to short, it did not reset... as everybody can see..."

That makes no sense.

7 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

This and reducing the daily AA chest from 30 to 20

It is in the patchnotes now.
Probably they just missed that one. Happens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/8/2023 at 7:33 AM, neffi.9175 said:

So? You (and I) got exactly what you (we) expected to get. Other people got slightly more. Good for them. I'm not going to lose sleep over that.