Rifts boring

Tanuki.4603

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

rifts should spawn outta nowhere, everywhere, at any time, and be rewarding enough to want to do them. If you just hunt them and open them however you want, they're just a boring grind.

Great suggestion, sounds awesome unlike the boring strike with forced press F mastery track...

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

Great suggestion, sounds awesome unlike the boring strike with forced press F mastery track...

So the idea you're supporting for ""making them less boring/repetitive/easy"" is basically nothing more than "I want better rewards". I think that speaks volumes about "but it's boring!" complaint considering nothing in the post you've quoted changes a single thing about it.

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So the idea you're supporting for ""making them less boring/repetitive/easy"" is basically nothing more than "I want better rewards". I think that speaks volumes about "but it's boring!" complaint considering nothing in the post you've quoted changes a single thing about it.

The expansion features are not there, we have Rifts which everyone hates doing and a forced press F mastery track.

Why not just make it a spawn randomly in all zones everywhere without warning event that could give unique cosmetics and rewards (objectively way better content which gets people torevisit old maps group on the go and make new friends) ? beacuse they wouldn't sell it as an expansion feature. Now we have uninspired depressing Rifts which u have to grind for legy armor. Braindead grind against arenanet manifesto.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

The expansion features are not there

Yes, they are there. What do you think "expansion features" are and why that? Because for now it seems you're just throwing around empty phrases.

20 minutes ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

Why not just make it a spawn randomly in all zones everywhere without warning event that could give unique cosmetics and rewards (objectively way better content which gets people torevisit old maps group on the go and make new friends) ?

You missed the post you've quoted, please address next time.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I don't get this hate for rifts, i love doing them. They are not too hard, not too long and decently fun. Sure if you grind a 1000 rifts a day you'd go insane. But if you do so that is a you problem. 

As a casual player, i love the fqct i can open  a rift, kill some kryptis and get essenses. Sometimes my guild does them for the weekly achievo's and its great fun.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Reward quality aside though, they are indeed boring. 😒

The HotO egg-fondling thing is just weird; you have to use it from the mastery button to find the location (which may or may not appear on the map afterward) and then trigger it when you get there. The only excitement or suspense is "will I get there in time to at least tag the mob before it's over?"

Then when you do get there it says you can't do anything, then there's a routine mob fight with nothing particularly interesting about it, then you stand in a circle and instead suddenly you press F to fondle the blue magic egg instead of the mastery button now because...why? Did the appearance of the mob break the mastery button, or was it never necessary in the first place? I'd go with the second thing there.

The way the whole thing works is just awkward and disjointed, and I'm still not convinced that we aren't just running around creating problems for ourselves to solve because the story tells us that now we have PTSD.

The rewards are meh, but since it's supposed to be the grindy means of getting OW Legendary armor that doesn't even exist yet(!), of course anything of any value is going to be dribbled out in stingy little amounts.

It has the kernel of an interesting idea, but the implementation is just...meh. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

I just wish we got more fractals or raids.

That, or send us across all of Tyria with a variety of different PvE tasks -- even the Raid legendary armor had more to offer in that regard.

I expected something like what we had for the legendary PvE amulet, only on a bigger scope. Instead... oh well, no need to keep complaining now, what's done is done.

At least, now you can buy yourself the Essences you need and no longer have to do Rifts.

• Confused 4

6 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

rifts should spawn outta nowhere, everywhere, at any time, and be rewarding enough to want to do them. If you just hunt them and open them however you want, they're just a boring grind.

Nah that encourages people to idle and wait for random things to spawn which isn't a fun use of time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

With convergences release the bic picture is more clear: rift hunt wasn't intended as primary source of essences, but the "convergence" aka meta.... like past releases theses "hunt stuff in old maps" is more like a side content.

Yeah convergences are a nice addition and welcome break from rift hunting, but I still do rift hunting because it is still the best way to farm 54000 T1 essences.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Yeah convergences are a nice addition and welcome break from rift hunting, but I still do rift hunting because it is still the best way to farm 54000 T1 essences.

really need all that? these calculators around says 19k, or you are counting 3 sets?

i have near full bank slots unlocked(i guess is 10 or 12), 19K is like 2 tabs LOL..... O.O

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

8 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

really need all that? these calculators around says 19k, or you are counting 3 sets?

i have near full bank slots unlocked(i guess is 10 or 12), 19K is like 2 tabs LOL..... O.O

Yes, you need 54000 T1 to make 18 gifts of expertise. It's also 21600 T2, and 10800 T3.... and 10800 ectos.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Edit: There could be a "coin mechanic" from each rift and from now on,  you can "hold on from activating Rifts " for better rewards , or the system prompt you if someone else havents opened for xxx min  and you get  hella more Essences (so they dont feel grindy)

And  if tossed it you get 10 Essence + a random highter Tier  and speed up the proccess of the next opening rift (community decision >.shave 1 sec from the timer) , or keep and you get 50 essence till the next time you kill the next Rift.

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

There could be a "coin mechanic" from each rift and from now on,  Rifts opens every 30 min and you get  hella more Essences (so they dont feel grindy)

Public convergencies on a timer are already a thing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

are rifts boring? 

yes

are they rewarding?

no

is the grind for all those essences horrific?

yes

would I like more raids/fractals instead?

no

In all seriousness, better rewards would help with the grind and boredom - because you would have to do less of these 'events'.

But how to fix?

I have an idea: a lot of core Tyria events are actually fun. Or cute. Or at least not deadly boring. Why not put essences on those events and spare us the rift grind?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Good , we are talking about OW

Aren't you literally the one who proposed making at least some of the ow metas into instances so players can join whoever they want? So this seems to fit the bill of exactly what you were wishing for.

And you're not talking about ow, you're talking about getting more loot on timed activities. Which is something that convergencies already do.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Aren't you literally the one who proposed making at least some of the ow metas into instances? So this seems to fit the bill of exactly what you were wishing for.

And you're not talking about ow, you're talking about getting more loot on timed activities. Which is something that convergencies already do.

This thread is making more OW Rift more interesting : here i fixed it for you :

Edit: There could be a "coin mechanic" from each rift and from now on,  you can "hold on from activating Rifts " for better rewards , or the system prompt you if someone else havents opened for xxx min  and you get  hella more Essences (so they dont feel grindy)

And  if tossed it you get 10 Essence + a random highter Tier  and speed up the proccess of the next opening rift (community decision >.shave 1 sec from the timer) , or keep and you get 50 essence till the next time you kill the next Rift.

• Confused 2