Expanded Weapon Proficiencies Beta Feedback: Necromancer

Rubi Bayer.8493

• ArenaNet Staff

Expanded weapon proficiencies are coming in 2024 during the second major update for Secrets of the Obscure, bringing a new weapon and skills for each profession. The expanded weapon proficiency beta event is live now and will run until 10:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8) on December 3.

You can leave your feedback for the necromancer in this thread.

Necromancer sword numbers, for those curious:

Skill name                           Skill slot    Power Coefficient    First hit heal (base+coefficient)    Additional hit heal (base+coefficient)    Health cost
Enervation Blade              1, part 1      .9                                202+5%                                             40+1%        
Enervation Echo               1, part 2      .9                                202+5%                                             40+1%
Deathly Enervation          1, part 3      1.3                             394+10%                                           79+2%
Ravenous Wave                 2, part 1      2.0            
Satiate                                 2, part 2      1.0 (x2<50%)                                                                                                                                                2882
Path of Gluttony               3, part 1      1.75                           1610+40%                                         410+10%
Gorge                                  3, part 2      1.75                           1610+40%                                         410+10%                                                         3842
Hungering Maelstrom     4, part 1      1.5                              1764+20%                                        294+3%
Gormandize                       4, part 2      2.0                                                                                                                                                                   3842
Devouring Visage              5, part 1     3.0
Consume                            5, part 2      0                                                                                                                                                                      4803

*Hungering Maelstrom additionally has life siphon damage of 1764+ 0.5% of power

I apologize for subpar formatting.  Coefficients were discovered using legendary gear with no stats assigned, Awaken the Pain + Elixir of Ambition to add exactly 1000 power, and Bowl of Poultry Satay to add exactly 100 healing power.

Please note these numbers are only for PvE.  I do not know at this time if anything is different in other modes.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Hungering Maelstrom's effects is great, but Gormandize is lacking impact. I'd like to see Gormandize have a second animation of the bite, or many bites, to have it live up to its really cool name. Right now you can't even tell its going off, it feels very floaty.

Satiate has the same issue, the animation for its follow up is very low key and unimpactful.

Both of these skill's secondaries could greatly benefit from a impactful effect when activated! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Raught.3294 said:

Hungering Maelstrom's effects is great, but Gormandize is lacking impact. I'd like to see Gormandize have a second animation of the bite, or many bites, to have it live up to its really cool name. Right now you can't even tell its going off, it feels very floaty.

Satiate has the same issue, the animation for its follow up is very low key and unimpactful.

Both of these skill's secondaries could greatly benefit from a impactful effect when activated! 

They did say the the animations arent final

14 minutes ago, Kirevey.5079 said:

I don't know if this is intended, but running Blood Bank + Desert Empowerment does not give alacrity to the necro when gaining health via the Swords attacks. (health into barrier)

Desert Empowerment only triggers off of Scourge skills and traits.  The issue that caused that was actually Rune of the Sanctuary, but it was changed so Blood Bank didn't also proc Abrasive Grit or Desert Empowerment.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Decinomicon.4619 said:

The health costs on the weapon abilities should scale with max health/vitality. Otherwise, it makes the swords particularly difficult to use on harbinger. Sword skill one SHOULD NOT adopt the skin of the legendary being used, it makes it impossible to see how wide the attack is when using a legendary.

I have to second the issue with the auto-attack. throwing swords non-stop is kinda funny but I need to know the AOE on this.

Otherwise it's feeling pretty good so far, doesn't feel clunky like Greatsword, although some of the follow-up skills are a little tricky to pull off with the timing. That might be on me, but maybe the windows are a little short.

• Like 2

Path of Gluttony/Gorge really feel like they should be Leap finishers.  The cast time is also kinda clunky for only being 450 range.  I attribute most of this to the aftercast between them.

EDIT: the aftercast on these is fine, but it seems like some of the other skills in the kit have ugly aftercasts that just make it feel clunky.  Namely skill 4.  Hungering Maelstrom especially feels clunky because there's a delay after skill hit before you can que up Gormandize.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to be straight up honest since I wont bother trying these again: PVE: novelty was new & fun. Range is perfect, skill animations are fine.
In WvW tried 1v1s & a decent small & medium zerg engages. Really Good to poke with, Cant stress that enough. But when it came to 1v1 or small/small-med zerg. Skill 1 damage is crap damage wise. Skill 3 we need to save  to break off due to HP issues so down a skills damage right out of the box. HP randomly just GOES when we need to actually fight (meanwhile other players No Issues - Especially that "Godmode" Meme'ser we encountered) so we have to break off or hope to get healed. Signets feel forced required to solve issues that shouldn't be there & still remain an issue. Best Working Solution was to use other weapons as it does the same & in some cases more damage, no HP issues just like other classes. Gimmick meme clearly was tested in PVE not PVP or WvW, to be fair that is where it belongs if it stays.

Edited by damienra.3914
  • Confused 2

If skill flips could act as shouts or something with no activation time that would make this weapon set really flow for me. Like it was mentioned above, there isn't enough time to activate the skill flips when you want it or something like skill 2a - auto chain - skill 2b. Basically instantly or not at all. Also the leap is great, but I would 1000% want it on dagger rather than the ranged weapon, give the swords more immobilize and retreat.

• Like 3

OK so here's my feedback for that new weapon: (Through I do think that it lacks utility/elite skills to be like other specs)

Character animations:  Well the character is sure expressive and for some skills leap forward, the character is quite dynamic so it nice.

Skills animations: Wow wow wow... they are stunning! One of the best of the classes along guardian pistols.... they are beautiful. The Necromant magic effects are nice.

Mechanics: I struggle really seeing what bring this weapon, the fact that you can heal yourself by attacking? Healing not enough efficient anyway! So to me those swords, even if the skills looks pretty kitten, don't really deserve the title of spec weapon.

Damages and effects: At first it is possible to think it has some good base to be efficient: Heal when hitting, inflict vulnerabilities... but there is no might, no fury, no speed... no boons in fact! And the damages are pretty low and bad, I check the weapons on a basic enemy, veteran oakheart of queensdale, witout using utilities or elite, i take an eternity to kill it! It is not normal! necromancer is known for a DPS like profession, You can take scourge or reaper and you can nuke foes! Even harbringer... harbringer you just drink all the elixirs like an elixir-holic and you get extra buff and destroy everything on your path...

Sure it looks good, but regarding skills effects and damage it is very bad, I would never trade my greatsword reapon or scourge to take the dual swords. A great deception! Cause having two swords is pretty cool and the animations are kitten but the damage? The efficiency? It is not here sadly. That weapon really have to be reworked with more damage and boons, and if healing yourself is the main gimmick, well, make it significant! During my veteran fight, I only like healed myself of 200 health point... it is nothing regarding 24000 hp!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1