PETITION for thiefs, plz delete axes, add new sword off hand.

whooot.5784

They're not going to do that, and you don't want them to - they're not going to be able to make a quality weapon in the time between now and when they're due to release. Identify the problems with axe, provide constructive feedback, and maybe we'll actually get something worth using. Then push hard for an offhand next time around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I'd rather have a Focus but sword would be alright but two swords would look kind of dumb once the novelty wears off.

I like the idea of dynamic combo weapon sets but it should have a more thematic thief look. Still, any step in that direction is good and is what's needed over the usual two hand gimmick set that has to finish its beta over the course of live patches for a few years. 

• Like 5

I don't wholly hate axe, it could be reworked into something good and useful (even if I have no hope of that). What I do hate is that we still didn't get a new offhand and I think it's fairly clear we never will. Torch, focus, even sword would be good. Not greatsword, though, we need a new offhand, not a new 2h. It obviously doesn't matter what any of us say here and it's incredibly frustrating because thief could be an amazing class but devs continue to ignore it until it's time for another unnecessary nerf or other change no one asked for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

I'd rather have a Focus but sword would be alright but two swords would look kind of dumb once the novelty wears off.

I like the idea of dynamic combo weapon sets but it should have a more thematic thief look. Still, any step in that direction is good and is what's needed over the usual two hand gimmick set that has to finish its beta over the course of live patches for a few years. 

One concern I'd have with offhand sword is that offhands do have a degree of 'should work, at least in theory, with both melee and ranged' to them. Now, offhand sword isn't impossible with that paradigm, but it might not be what people have in mind. Focus, shield, offhand axe, and the like might well be easier.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Just need more offhands in general.

Each offhand multiplies the options via the Dual Wield. 

Offhand Axe, Offhand Sword, Offhand Focus, Offhand Torch are all big wants.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

One concern I'd have with offhand sword is that offhands do have a degree of 'should work, at least in theory, with both melee and ranged' to them. Now, offhand sword isn't impossible with that paradigm, but it might not be what people have in mind. Focus, shield, offhand axe, and the like might well be easier.

I'd almost vote for Shield just out of curiosity of what that could add to the thief phobia pile in pvp areas. 

15 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Just need more offhands in general.

Each offhand multiplies the options via the Dual Wield. 

Offhand Axe, Offhand Sword, Offhand Focus, Offhand Torch are all big wants.

Agree. How we haven't leaned heavily into our signature Dual Wield potential is frustrating. Either we're going to need to get those rolled out in sets, or it's going to take forever, or it could go an entirely different route for whatever reason. It will probably depend on what kind of trip Anet is on with combat at the moment. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

After 11 years, this seems a bit naive.  Anet is going to push whatever weapons they want regardless of the players' suggestions.

Then what's the point of this thread at all? My proposal might only have a 5% chance of working, but that's 4.99999999% more likely to work than a thread demanding to scrap a mostly complete weapon and replace it with something entirely new between now and mid-February.

• Like 1

As much as I like Axes as a weapon type if they're not gonna give us a good stationary/non-animation-locking melee weapon, nor give us Dual Axes so we can have an actual complete weapon set and stop getting tortured by Off-hand Pistol flaws, I'd rather just get Off-hand Sword. /Pistol just sucks, is broken (in a bad way) and is boring. Only exists for Breakbars (which can just be improved elsewhere in utilities for Daredevil, plus we got the Staff Buff) and for Dagger/Pistol Stealth in PvP only and for Stealth builds only.

We need an Off-hand for Non-stealth builds. For Main-Hand Sword to be a proper weapon instead if we're not getting a good Power Dual Axe.

I just really wish we got as much development time and effort as other classes, like Elementalist. Excluding Engineer though, they were robbed, lol.

Edited by Doggie.3184

On 11/29/2023 at 2:11 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

They really shot themselves in the food creativity wise by not developing dual axes imo.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:19 PM, UNOwen.7132 said:

I dont really mind the axe. Its an alright weapon. A bit basic, yes, but thats fine. I just wish we got an off-hand Axe as well.

True, same.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:53 PM, Antycypator.9874 said:

Yes, I want my true assassin theme with swords, not flying axes.

I'd say "true assassin theme" is d/d.

Edited by Sobx.1758