Why is cele harb

Kuya.6495

Why does cele harb get to be tanky AND melt your face in seconds from condis? And if you look away from them for 2 seconds they rapidly heal to full too. 

What demon did they make a pact with to obtain this power?

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

But they're missing mobility. Glad they'll receive more of it with the upcoming main hand sword, so they can take it as secondary weapon for the sole purpose of running away from 1v1 fights they might actually lose!
This will certainly create a more immerse feeling of balancing and I'm sure a vast majority of the roaming community is looking forward to it!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

But they're missing mobility. Glad they'll receive more of it with the upcoming main hand sword, so they can take it as secondary weapon for the sole purpose of running away from 1v1 fights they might actually lose!
This will certainly create a more immerse feeling of balancing and I'm sure a vast majority of the roaming community is looking forward to it!

This post is so full of nonsense.....

Harbingers dont loose 1v1´s, duuuh 😄 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Galmac.4680 said:

You could also mention longbow-rangers, complete immune eles, warriors that perma-knocks you down and you can just see your live decreasing, perma-stealth thiefs, immune-to-everything-engis and so on.

where do you find those awesome builds? link pls

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I love how the candy about perma CC warriors floats around to this day..... When no one can reliably be cc'd these days due to the absurd amount of stab/stunbreaks/aegis/blind

The only thing that will suffer to a perma-cc warrior is core necro. Nothing else.

If a warrior plays cc, they are pretty vulnerable to most other things. 

Let's not compare hammer core warrior with willbender and harbinger please. Stop this lunacy. 

5 Cele harbingers -> 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 10

7 hours ago, Chrome.9841 said:

All classes can have broken setups. But if you are looking for a class that can adapt all kind of situations, there's druid: Reveal (sic'em), crazy heal regen, power, condi or hybrid options, mobility, stealth, tankiness, cc, immob...

What kind of druid runs sic 'em on their build?

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Chrome.9841 said:

All classes can have broken setups. But if you are looking for a class that can adapt all kind of situations, there's druid: Reveal (sic'em), crazy heal regen, power, condi or hybrid options, mobility, stealth, tankiness, cc, immob...

Having played both i'd say harb is stronger than druid for small scale - and yet it got buffed again last patch while druid got nerfed ...

That's not to say cele druid is bad - it isn't - but not on the same level as cele harb, especially after the latest patch.

20 minutes ago, Lalary.3561 said:

Probably those that also run power druid.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Having played both i'd say harb is stronger than druid for small scale - and yet it got buffed again last patch while druid got nerfed ...

That's not to say cele druid is bad - it isn't - but not on the same level as cele harb, especially after the latest patch.

Probably those that also run power druid.

I'm power druid and I dont xD

29 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Haven't lose to any kind of necro while playing druid. And the changes on druid was not nerf. Now you can both daze and immob while you can apply more conditions (as variant) with less effort.

37 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

The tankiness, heal regen of harbinger has is not a unique situation of it. Game now has a lot of supportive relics and traits. You can build any class like that. Real problem is not what harbingers have, real problem is this tanky meta in general. Anet should remove defensive stats from the game (Thoughness, vitality, concentration) or drop their effectiveness at wvw.

(For Example: You can't have more than 20 percent boon duration at wvw or more than 2500 armor etc..)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Chrome.9841 said:

Haven't lose to any kind of necro while playing druid.

Neither did i. But i also haven't lost to any sort of druid while playing cele harb. So that hardly means anything. If played properly from both sides it will be a stale mate as it is with most cele duels. But cele harb has better cc and dmg and boon rip, therefore higher kill potential against most enemies. It also has better aoe, pressure while kiting and safe stomping options in outnumbered fights, especially after the latest patch that killed the best (only) aoe dmg pet for druid. Druid has stealth, but that's pretty much it's only advantage and that one can be nullified by revealed.

As i said, i have played both recently, solo and in a small grp, mostly in outnumbered fights. And cele harb feels stronger. Before the pet nerfs it felt closer, but now one got nerfed and the other one got buffed, so the disparity is quite noticeable.

And the changes on druid was not nerf. Now you can both daze and immob while you can apply more conditions (as variant) with less effort.

I'm not talking about the changes to druid traits - those were indeed not a nerf. But the last patch nerfed pets and that hurt druid, since the previously best pet for druid - Jacaranda - is now dead. Literally. Smokescale got nerfed too. And all the other pets are still worse, especially when fighting multiple enemies.

The tankiness, heal regen of harbinger has is not a unique situation of it. Game now has a lot of supportive relics and traits. You can build any class like that. Real problem is not what harbingers have, real problem is this tanky meta in general.

Kinda true, but cele harb is still one of the strongest within that problematic meta. And while it would be best to nerf cele before adressing classes, that's unfortunately not going to happen.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Chrome.9841 said:

Haven't lose to any kind of necro while playing druid. And the changes on druid was not nerf. Now you can both daze and immob while you can apply more conditions (as variant) with less effort.

The tankiness, heal regen of harbinger has is not a unique situation of it. Game now has a lot of supportive relics and traits. You can build any class like that. Real problem is not what harbingers have, real problem is this tanky meta in general. Anet should remove defensive stats from the game (Thoughness, vitality, concentration) or drop their effectiveness at wvw.

(For Example: You can't have more than 20 percent boon duration at wvw or more than 2500 armor etc..)

they already mostly did this for pvp a long time ago and it went very badly. the amount of builds was reduced to a miniscule amount compared to before, causing the entire game to become very cookie cutter, and it didn't stop the tanking since it doesn't come from your stats.

bunker builds are mostly about the skills and traits used and their precise management.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

As i said, i have played both recently, solo and in a small grp, mostly in outnumbered fights. And cele harb feels stronger. Before the pet nerfs it felt closer, but now one got nerfed and the other one got buffed, so the disparity is quite noticeable.

Sir this can be very spesific on the player and depends on other classes you play with and you fight against. I am playing all classes and for me druid is more flexible for different situations; aoe cc and immob, aoe cleanse, stealth, high sustain and easy acces to stability and dont need to mention about heals tho.. But as i said that pretty much depends on the player and situation.

2 hours ago, Lalary.3561 said:

If you are fighting against thieves you can simply change your utility. That was an example to mention about druid's flexiblity.

• Like 1

How are ppl still complaining about this after so long? Seriously, just accept that this is the way the game is played now. Nothing u say or do will ever change the way the game is played now. U cant post as many griefing post's in here about 'this is broken, this is op, why this and why that'. But it will change nothing. The days of wvw being based on the players individual skills is long gone and the sooner u accept that, the faster u can start enjoying it again. But if u cant accept it, well ur gonna give ur self some serious health issues. Bunker is here to stay, and it aint going away. I use the get annoyed by it aswell, until one day,  i realised,  that anet doesnt care what u think, or what we think. Think that's pretty obvious with the amount of post's in here, about the exact same topic as this one. And nothing changes, except for totally ridiculous changes that noone cares about. So do ur self a favor, and just give it up. 

If u cant beat them, join them. 

Edited by Thomas.2564
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Auragen.4162 said:

You can get as much raw stats (if not more) out of catalyst with a few %age of damage reduction sources on top of it that harbinger don't have. And, while the amount of raw stat might not be equal for many other spec, they would still have access to sources of %age damage reduction that the harbinger thoroughly lack. Point being that this toughness that make you feel so righteous in your complain, you're own main profession probably have it in the form of a few source of "reduce incoming damage by 7 to 10%" (daredevil have 3 non-conflicting sources of -10% incoming damage for exemple. What do you think is better? 27% damage reduction or 600 toughness? Deadeye have it's own 10% damage reduction source. Core ele have two 10% damage reduction sources, even a 3rd with hammer and a fourth with it's access to frost aura and a 7% damage reduction source. Catalyst can even add another 10% on top of that reaching 45% damage reduction without protection... etc. What's a measly 600 toughness in front of that?).

Cele stats were already an issue before harbinger and they are still the issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its actually kinda fun to see.

Some people want to nerf harbinger, others want to nerf thief stealth and tps, again others want to get rid of mesmers.

Then posts about pewpew rangers or druids. Then there are "Perma stun warrior bad" posts.

Or willbender too op. 

Catalyst too op.

Scourge too much barrier. 

Nerf grenade engi please. And superspeed on it too.

Permadodge vindicator bad. Renegade too strong too.

And so on.

Every build has a counter. Find it instead of asking for nerfs on the forum everytime you lost against a certain build/spec. 

I just had to go through this discussion for 2 minutes..

On 12/11/2023 at 5:53 AM, Kuya.6495 said:

Why does cele harb get to be tanky AND melt your face in seconds from condis? 

Nerf harbinger post? Check.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:18 AM, KrHome.1920 said:

The same as catalyst, renegade and willbender.

Nerf cata/renegade/willbender? Check.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:18 AM, Galmac.4680 said:

You could also mention longbow-rangers, complete immune eles, warriors that perma-knocks you down and you can just see your live decreasing, perma-stealth thiefs, immune-to-everything-engis and so on.

Nerf pew ranger, ele, warrior, thief and engi? Check.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:56 AM, Chrome.9841 said:

All classes can have broken setups. But if you are looking for a class that can adapt all kind of situations, there's druid

Nerf druid? Check.

Aye if you people are done mentioning every single build existing in gw2 then please tell me okay?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2