Where is everyone?

I can barely find anyone in LFG. Raids 1 raid, dungeons just AC, fractals a few people for daily T4, HOT metas nope, POF bounties nope, EOD metas nope, living world metas nope, strike missions 1 sweaty CM.

So where is everyone at? What's the current hot activity everyone is doing? And why can't I find it anywhere in LFG?

Edited by Godfather.9058
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Basicly what other says. It is wintersday. Plus at the time you started this topic is kind of a time when most peoples are eighter at work or at school. Look up LFG again on late afternoon and the evenings, it tends to be more crowded at that time.

18 minutes ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Not many players playing the game anymore. It's rather unpopular since it's old, MMOs are out and there are a shitton of other good games out there.

Well, no. Just as I said. LFG is more lively at the evenings, especially with wintersday going it's doomed to be a little more dry than usual. When I am back from work I never have the issue of finding ppls for any content I want to do.

Other solution for you op might be just making Your own group. Many peoples have like You, that they prefere to wait until something pops up and then gets disappointed when it doesn't. When I am off work and I can't find any group I just make my own and for more popular content like fractals/strikes and even dungeons it fills rather quickly.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Wintersday will definitely be the big focus right now, since it just started on Tuesday. But I also saw lots of people in Verdant Brink and Skywatch Archipelago yesterday evening (on EU). But I've also been mainly playing Wintersday so I haven't looked at many other areas of the game.

Did you try creating an LFG listing for other people to join? Or were you just waiting, hoping someone else would create one you want to join? A lot of people will do the second one, but there's no way for other players to know you're doing that, so you could all wait a long time for someone else to start a group, but once one starts it normally fills up quickly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Godfather.9058 said:

Yes. I noticed it. That's where everyone is right now? I don't remember all content being deserted during wintersday in the previous years.

There will probably be more people doing other things later on in Wintersday (I'd guess after the weekend). The event has been running for less than 2 days (roughly 44 hours) so even the people who will rush through the achievements as fast as possible then go back to other things may not have had time to do that yet.

Also time of day is important for any group activities. When you posted this it was 8am - 10am in Europe and about midnight - 2am in the USA so both the US and EU servers would be quiet because most of the people on them are asleep, at work or on their way to work. NA peak time is around the daily reset and on EU it's from about 17:00 UTC - about 22:00 UTC with activity on both building up gradually ahead of the peak and dropping off gradually afterwards. (Although on EU it seems to drop very quickly. For example I've seen Silverwastes go from multiple maps with organised meta runs to nothing in LFG and very few people on the map as soon as a meta ends after 10pm.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure we're all busy playing Toypocalypse, Tixx, Bell choir and generally farming the heck out of wintersday presents. There are groups in LFG for Tixx but they tend to fill and de-list super fast. Oh and I've noticed people will join a group but seem to dislike posting a group as much so you might try posting your own group and see who joins. 

Edited by Qys.5937
  • Like 3

I've had no issues finding groups for strikes, Tower of Nightmares, metas even at the start of Wintersday. I've never seen so many people doing such a wide variety of things during the beginning part of a major festival. I even did all nightime Tangled Depths bosses with a group

Wintersday is certainly the main attraction by far, but content all over is being played without issues as far as I can see

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have not set a toe yet in Wintersday but I would also assume a lot of people are taking a break from other maps to be playing the events.  Since I am a grinch and still single-mindedly bent on farming essences for the new armours, I am still doing convergences every day and farming chests, SoTo metas instead, hehe.  Not had an issue with seeing fewer people at times I log on though.  The convergences I do are public and typically in early evening (5:30p, 8:30p) and we've been ticking in at 50 people in those like always.

6 hours ago, Godfather.9058 said:

Yes. I noticed it. That's where everyone is right now? I don't remember all content being deserted during wintersday in the previous years.

The way the LFG works is that it appears to be dead even if there are tons of people playing the content.

Have you tried starting your own group or did you see no LFGs, get cold feet on starting your own group, then came here to complain instead of just making your own group?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Godfather.9058 said:

I can barely find anyone in LFG. Raids 1 raid, dungeons just AC, fractals a few people for daily T4, HOT metas nope, POF bounties nope, EOD metas nope, living world metas nope, strike missions 1 sweaty CM.

So where is everyone at? What's the current hot activity everyone is doing? And why can't I find it anywhere in LFG?

No-one uses the godawful LFG system. The game could be filled with thousands of players and that function would be empty. It's been an embarrassment since day one. The devs don't seem to care enough to put any more thought into it. And no-one from ANet ever reads these posts, so we're all just screaming at the wind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Not many players playing the game anymore. It's rather unpopular since it's old, MMOs are out and there are a kittenton of other good games out there.

this is simply disnformation, as they stated during end of dragons that their playerbase doubled.

the reason the game seems dead is because the focus on instanced content has caused many players to join guilds and use their discord channels for organising all the events (including me, who flew solo until last year). the game is very guild-based at this point!

it doesn't help that the lfg tool is just very badly designed and works as an anti-feature more often than not.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Y'all "game is dead" doomers need to touch some grass lol. It's really not that scarce as you think.

As everyone mentioned above tho: Wintersday. Festivals tend to take (most of) the playerbase by storm, but there's still activity throughout every zone (especially at night when the regular workshift folks are on).

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1