2024 elementalist wishes

Core:

Give elementalist some form of slow and taunt condition.

Decrease some cds of weapons.

Dagger main hand buff dmg in all modes by 20%, air 2# dmg buff by 30%, Fire 3% change from combo field to combo leap or blast, change Fire 2# and water 2# from breath to an moving orb or something different and not boring as now.

Hammer air 5# animation change to something bigger than some crap that drops. Skill 3# duration increase by 2 sec in all game modes. Earth and Fire skill 5# better animation. 

Tempest:

Decrease overload times from 5 sec to 3 sec with dmg buff. 

Rebound - heal increase to 10k - duration from 5 to 10 sec in all modes.

Catalyst:

Jade sphere F5 remove charging part of the skill, make 9 sec CD.

Grandmaster trait instead of Boon duration by 50% make it like jade sphere gives some conditions (example: fire gives burning, earth gives cripple, water gives chill and air gives weakness)

edit: (prolly would be overkill)

Tempest - needs some kind of quickness

Weaver - quickness and alac

Sword offhand and Longbow new weapons.

Edited by Ragnarox.9601
edit
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

No weaver section?  Okay fine...

Unravel as an F5.

Reduce weave self cast time to 1/2 second, remove the cast time on tailored victory, and make it cast automatically when perfect weave wears off.

Change Elements of Rage to apply when attuning to a different element instead of when attuning to a single element.

Self quickness?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

New elite utility 'Signet of Aether'

I *almost* don't care what it's function might be, despite having some ideas, but I just can't settle with the thought of the Master of Elements class having no grasp of the quintessential element.

Edited by Sepher Yetzirah.4615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I wish for core to have a useful mechanic that wouldn't be shared by other specs. From my perspective, I'd like this mechanic to be the long lost lingering elements (Elementalist never felt the same after they removed this trait).

Like every years, I wish for conjured weapons to be changed in such a way that they work like Engineer's kits. Sharing those bundles is something that have long lost it's appeal.

I wish weaver's dual attack skills were affected by the CD recharge reduction from trait like pyromancer's training.

I wish auras worked differently than they do, they are a bit to passive and it isn't really compatible with elementalist's low health pool in my opinion.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

No weaver section?  Okay fine...

Unravel as an F5.

Reduce weave self cast time to 1/2 second, remove the cast time on tailored victory, and make it cast automatically when perfect weave wears off.

Change Elements of Rage to apply when attuning to a different element instead of when attuning to a single element.

Self quickness?

I would rather they move the combined skills to F5 to make the whole spec feel less clunky. 3 skills are some of the most useful on every weapon set, and being locked out of them unless you fully attune to one element feels awful. Weaver flows like mud as a result. 

Want to use Magnetic Aura to deal with the ranger who is pew pewing you at 1800 range? Just attune to Earth, and wait an eternity, then attune to Earth again so that you can use a reactive defensive ability. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Caffynated.5713 said:

I would rather they move the combined skills to F5 to make the whole spec feel less clunky. 3 skills are some of the most useful on every weapon set, and being locked out of them unless you fully attune to one element feels awful. Weaver flows like mud as a result. 

Want to use Magnetic Aura to deal with the ranger who is pew pewing you at 1800 range? Just attune to Earth, and wait an eternity, then attune to Earth again so that you can use a reactive defensive ability. 

In other cases the issue isn't the 3 skills but the 4 and 5.  For example, obsidian flesh or gale might be just out of reach when you need them.  Unravel on F5 solves both problems.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

For Weaver- Masters Fortitude needs to change. 

Gain increased vitality while wielding a Main Hand weapon. Gain increased power (+120) while wielding a two handed weapon.

This will buff core weapons to become the barrier bruiser build they were meant to be while allowing staff and hammer to pack a strong punch, especially in pvp. 

Leave everything else the same. 

• Confused 2

Could realistically happen maybe eventually at some point possibly perhaps:
Give Weaver's Prowess 1-2s of self-Alacrity on dual attack and Elements of Rage 1-2s of self-Quickness on fully attuned 3.

Will never happen:
Delete Lava Axe and make juiced up versions of Ice Bow, Lightning Hammer, and Earth Shield glyph-style attunement variations for FGS.

LOL:
Reduce aura durations to 2s, turn Shocking Aura from stun spam into a Lightning Rod-esque proc when hit (.65s icd), give Magnetic Shield 3-5 charges of reflect per 1s of duration. Remove auras from Written in Stone. Rework Diamond Skin to grant barrier when gaining auras and deal pbaoe damage (and possibly conditions) when losing them.

Replace the removed Conjured Weapon utilities with ones focused on consuming & manipulating auras. Some spitball examples:

• Heal: Channel to heal and convert boons on yourself into auras.
  • Utilities: Stun break and transmute all auras on you, gain barrier for the # and duration of auras transmuted. 
    Fire a projectile that pulls all auras off of you and gains an effect for the # and duration of auras removed (or if we wanna be real wacky, removed auras apply their remaining duration to your target with all of their beneficial effects reversed).
    Add 1s to your aura durations and then share them with nearby allies. 
    Convert boons and conditions on yourself into aura duration.
    Elite: gain every aura for 1s.

• Confused 4

On 1/1/2024 at 7:30 PM, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Skill 3# duration increase by 2 sec in all game modes.

the hammer orbs are 15 seconds in pve and 8 seconds in wvw for no reason... just bring them all to 15 and that will make the rotation way smoother

• Like 1

Buff core ele to be a viable dps at least and maybe an support as well is my over all want.

For an bit detail i want to see utility move from line to line glyph should be on arcain line and take up the soft /condi of the arcain effect as well as the boon, arcain skill should be move to air line and get more crit effects and or crit dmg, signets should go to water line and become more support aimed aura shair / aura on signet use as well as boon shier on signet use, cantrip should go to fire line and be more self dps buffing, and conja wepon should be on earth line and get more buff an player for having an conaj wepon in there hands.

I would also like to see reg clears become stronger or at least nearly on the same level as aura clears. Or at least adding an "heal on clear" to the reg clear trait.

WH should have an condi clear on it that non trait related (it relay holds the wepon back vs say dagger or even foces.)

I want to see the other ele core weapons get added effects that only that wepon can get.

• Confused 4

For 2024?

Rework weapon conjures to remove the second weapon but have half the cooldown.

Rework targeting for dagger fire 3. Either make it ground-targeted or have it pass through the enemy and stop on the other side by default. (Leave fire 2 and water 2 alone, except possibly for buffs - there aren't many skills in the game with that mechanic.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

My wishes is to get some stuff back I used to enjoy in the past:

• +10% health relic as compensation of the runesets that lost +10% health as set bonus. (Rune of Divinity in my case)
  • Restoration of the Stone Heart trait to allow for tanky earth builds.
  • Undo PvP nerf of Flamestrike
  • Re-enable celestial stats in PvP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/1/2024 at 6:30 PM, Ragnarox.9601 said:

Core:

Give elementalist some form of slow and taunt condition.

Decrease some cds of weapons.

Dagger main hand buff dmg in all modes by 20%, air 2# dmg buff by 30%, Fire 3% change from combo field to combo leap or blast, change Fire 2# and water 2# from breath to an moving orb or something different and not boring as now.

Hammer air 5# animation change to something bigger than some crap that drops. Skill 3# duration increase by 2 sec in all game modes. Earth and Fire skill 5# better animation. 

Remove pistol and make Longbow.

Tempest:

Decrease overload times from 5 sec to 3 sec with dmg buff. 

Rebound - heal increase to 10k - duration from 5 to 10 sec in all modes.

Catalyst:

Jade sphere F5 remove charging part of the skill, make 9 sec CD.

Grandmaster trait instead of Boon duration by 50% make it like jade sphere gives some conditions (example: fire gives burning, earth gives cripple, water gives chill and air gives weakness)

They are never going to remove pistol and make longbow. 

I personally wouldve prefered rifle but thats bc i hate 99% of longbow skins. Thats personal preferance tho.

I agree with the rest.

Sword could also get some love. Similar to mace on engi. 

Weaver could also get some access to self-boons.

Edited by SeTect.5918

15 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

They are never going to remove pistol and make longbow. 

I personally wouldve prefered rifle but thats bc i hate 99% of longbow skins. Thats personal preferance tho.

I agree with the rest.

Sword could also get some love. Similar to mace on engi. 

Weaver could also get some access to self-boons.

Ironically I was thinking the opposite, lots of longbow skins I like but not rifle😂

But yeah, some interesting ooints, though some aren't as likely. 

Edited by Serephen.3420

I wish for Elementalist to be more elemental. They need to add more tornados, earthquakes, waves, whirlpools and blizzards. Tornado is useless in pve which sucks because it is a cool skill and I wish it was ground targeted, we need an actual earthquake animation and a blizzard skill, for being an elementalist it is lacking those skills. The pistol didn't add anything visually appealing aside from a couple of skills. Also, I don't understand how the enemies in this game have better elemental animations. Look at the Kirin, Naga, and the Sunqua Peak Fractal Sorrowful Spellcaster with those abilities. If animations are being reused why not use those with some tweaks to give to Ele. All I'm saying is they could add some flair to this class to make it more Elemenatal because the hammer and pistol have been huge letdowns of what they could have come up with in terms of skills.

• Like 8

i'm honestly afraid to say anything here for two reasons:

1) several of my elementalist ideas were retooled into kits for OTHER classes.

2) several of my ideas were totally changed into boon-bot kits for melee / close-range oriented PVP specs

I don't like boon-bot kits Nor melee / close combat on elementalist. But Anet seems adamant that elementalist should NOT be a fun long-range artillery type DPS class, even though that's how they advertise it in their class description in game. And by long range artillery type... i mean 1200-1500 range + lots of damage (like rifle deadeye; dagger GS virtuoso; longbow soulbeast, among others)

• Confused 1

Lets rework the Conjure Weapon into "Gunblade mode style":

-You equip the conjure weapon indefinitely til you weapon swap. Enters on a low CD as the warrior Gunblade mode.
-Results: You get better utility from them on demand: Hammer huge CCs, Bow humongous healings(move it to healing slot), Shield big blocks, barriers, reflects, invul, Greatsword giga damage.

Let elementalist have fun, have weapons, have QoL.

Edited by Howluffu.7259

My wish is for them to not kill ele further.

Bonus if they can rework conjures and not find elementals or glyph of storms on every single dps build for a change. Variety is the spice of life.

Ok I really just want them to make hammer #3 skills work in a way that makes them not look like token buffs but more like actual weapon skills. And catalyst energy mechanic is just rude.

Yup still here I guess, so I'll add on making pistol offhand or at least a more interesting choice than it is now.

(Oh and longbow for next ele weapon please and thank you ❤)

• Like 2

My wishes and delusions (this is with PvE type content in mind only): 

• Staff revamp to become ranged power weapon 
  • In lieu of complete revamp, Catalyst can now generate energy while jade spheres are out (everyone hates energy Anet please stop)
  • Trait added that lets jade spheres pulse minor healing and possibly give 1 stability on first pulse (let's make heal Catalyst more accessible/better)
  • Elemental empowerment now refreshes all stacks when gained
  • Conjured weapons work like engineering kits (remove passive bonus from holding them)
  • Glyph of Lesser Elementals and Glyph of Elementals summons are permanent like necro (tweak all summons to be balanced around this)
  • Water attunement gets Torment and Air attunement gets Confusion added to some damaging skills as their damaging condition to spice up condi builds. Can make the case for lightning causing confusion, and cold temperatures causing torment. 
  • Better cantrips
  • Better elite skills
  • More purpose for Arcane traitline/better traits 

Finally, throwing out this never-in-a-million-years idea: 

Staff gets a spellbook mechanic and elementalist becomes a real wizard. So like, assuming 1 is an auto attack that doesnt change, 2-5 for each element become skills you can select (prepare) from a larger pool. Staff so versatile it becomes the only weapon you will ever need as compensation for years of kitten. I want to be the powerful spellcaster I was promised I would be!

• Like 3

Would love to see Elementalis Solo class. Virtually impossible to roam PvE without being plowed down in 1.2 seconds. Ok, I know, I know this will never happen lol. 

Edited by Giotto.9413
English Sucks like my Elementalist
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Giotto.9413 said:

Would love to see Elementalis Solo class. Virtually impossible to roam PvE without being plowed down in 1.2 seconds. Ok, I know, I know this will never happen lol. 

Have you tried condition builds?  Running fire/earth with trailblazer or celestial stats and focus offhand you have a ton of defense even without taking any defensive traits or utilities.  Here's a sample of a trailblazer fire/earth sword/focus weaver build taking out a champion, a veteran, and a bunch of normal enemies all at once while staying above 90% health.  I didn't get hit much here thanks to the strong defensive kit on sword/focus, but with over 3k armor and 20k health you don't have to worry too much about taking damage.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...