2024 elementalist wishes

On 1/16/2024 at 2:23 AM, Mascarun.7910 said:

My wishes and delusions (this is with PvE type content in mind only): 

• Staff revamp to become ranged power weapon 
  • In lieu of complete revamp, Catalyst can now generate energy while jade spheres are out (everyone hates energy Anet please stop)
  • Trait added that lets jade spheres pulse minor healing and possibly give 1 stability on first pulse (let's make heal Catalyst more accessible/better)
  • Elemental empowerment now refreshes all stacks when gained
  • Conjured weapons work like engineering kits (remove passive bonus from holding them)
  • Glyph of Lesser Elementals and Glyph of Elementals summons are permanent like necro (tweak all summons to be balanced around this)
  • Water attunement gets Torment and Air attunement gets Confusion added to some damaging skills as their damaging condition to spice up condi builds. Can make the case for lightning causing confusion, and cold temperatures causing torment. 
  • Better cantrips
  • Better elite skills
  • More purpose for Arcane traitline/better traits 

Finally, throwing out this never-in-a-million-years idea: 

Staff gets a spellbook mechanic and elementalist becomes a real wizard. So like, assuming 1 is an auto attack that doesnt change, 2-5 for each element become skills you can select (prepare) from a larger pool. Staff so versatile it becomes the only weapon you will ever need as compensation for years of kitten. I want to be the powerful spellcaster I was promised I would be!

I liked all your purposes. But do you know what ANET will do, right? They will buff dragonhunter traps, so can hit kill elementalist BEFORE enter any of them. Elementalists will not need pass through traps anymore, even ranger and thief: eles will die first.

Edited by Yer.8096

massive reworking of core elementalist utilities/traits. we need a lot more out of water support options.

Rework of catalyst. i will DIE on the hill that hammer 3 should have been the focus of the catalyst specialization mechanics instead of a weapon mechanic. and get rid of the energy for the sphere, make it just an ammo skill with cooldown. also let that aura stability trait apply stability to allies, for some reason it doesnt.

Staff update, specifically get rid of the 10% reduction in damage per hit on meteor shower, just make it like other AoEs where there's an ICD of how often they are hit by it.

Edited by crosknight.3041
  • Like 7

My wish is:

• some staff rework, for more healing options to see staff in end game, or let tempest on special / rework trait to continue his overload EVEN if he swap elements.
  • New weapon like GS or longbow, WITH that delete conjured weapon and on there place make new one skills. What do the same np: delete Air hammer and make skill what push target with some CC

Of corse iam not someone who are good in balance game, but i think : "theres no stupid ideas, but makeing this ideas is stupid " And developer who read this have something like: this is stupid, but what if ....(better idea).

And for weapons overall, for every class, what if we goona have special trait line for weapons to change behavior of weapon, because of this we could go full dps on staff or heal, next to this actions i think balance game goona by easier. Or (skill) not anymore give (boons) from now on is dps/stun aoe.

- Allow movement when casting meteor shower

- Weaver F5 to unravel. Would go a long way to make weaver flow smoothly

- re-work the archaic core skills to reflect modern GW2 effects and cast times. Why is Lightning flash 35 seconds when it's only a 900 range tele that isn't even a stunbreak. 

- Re-work conjured weapons. They got nerfed so hard over the years that they're useless. with exception of FGS which has a godawful 180 sec cooldown. Make FGS 120 seconds at a minimum. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chiral.8915 said:

- Allow movement when casting meteor shower

- Weaver F5 to unravel. Would go a long way to make weaver flow smoothly

- re-work the archaic core skills to reflect modern GW2 effects and cast times. Why is Lightning flash 35 seconds when it's only a 900 range tele that isn't even a stunbreak. 

- Re-work conjured weapons. They got nerfed so hard over the years that they're useless. with exception of FGS which has a godawful 180 sec cooldown. Make FGS 120 seconds at a minimum. 

Forget 120 cd on FGS.  With the stupid amounts of mobility creep on other classes, there's no reason for a long cooldown on this skill.  The skills already have cooldowns.  I don't see why it needs to be so limited.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I want pistol to be good. For staff to get quality of life upgrades to their projectiles, velocity buffs, and for Meteor Shower to be buffed to being an absolutely devastating attack again. Make staff the elementalist's ultimate ranged weapon. Slower but devastating magus/supportive weapon. It's almost there as it is.

That's about it, really.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Boon strips the class needs them if any thing all classes should have there own version and we would have a lot less boon ball only in wvw and effectively spvp. This would do nothing to pve balancing at all. Now i love to see "ele boon strips" tide to type of condis (burn boons off) or an set of skills like arcain (blast boons off).

• Like 2

On 1/1/2024 at 6:31 PM, Sepher Yetzirah.4615 said:

New elite utility 'Signet of Aether'

I *almost* don't care what it's function might be, despite having some ideas, but I just can't settle with the thought of the Master of Elements class having no grasp of the quintessential element.

Not sure how other elementalist would see something like this, but if we had this as an elite signet, I'd love to have it do something like:

Passive: gain 1 stack of "aetheric empowerment" with each spell cast (1s cooldown on stack gains) at 20 stacks, gain 2 seconds of an aura based on your current attunment and a boon based on your current attunement (Fire: 5 might for 10s, Water: resistance for 3s, Air: quickness for 3s, Earth: resolution for 5s, with weaver gaining boons/auras for both attunements [doubled for fully attuned], but at -33% duration)

Active: For 15s attunement cooldowns are reduced to 1s (not effecting time to singularity on tempest or jade sphere cooldown) and casting spells reduces weapon skill cooldowns, including those in attunements other than your current attunement, by 1s.

With written in stone trait, signet grants 4s chaos aura.

Would likely need a longer cooldown to make it not super overpowered, but would be a great way to have a brief period of being able to either take advantage of semi-spamming attunement bonuses and weapon skills, or a way to get a little up-time of auras on builds that don't have easy access as well as access to some helpful boons.

I would like if elementalist would be more interesting in their mechanics. 

Tempest Overloads would deactivate all weapon skills of their element as long as they/the element attunement recharge. In exchange the overload will be a little bit stronger.

-> We overload the power of that element, so why can we use it easily like before?!?

Catalyst Sphere's get special effects at activation (Fire = Phoenix = Healing and Reviving / Water = Kirin = Healing and Cleansing / Air = Dragon = Push and Superspeed / Earth = Turtle = Knockdown and Stability).

-> Would be great if the spirits would have more effect than only are nice to see.

• 5 weeks later...

An elite signet that does anything plus a muzzle flash and sounds/overwrites for our stupid gun.

The signet could happen by giving each profession one of its missing core elites.

The pistol thing was mentioned in the beta and seemingly just ignored.

- Half staff casting times and double projectile speeds, decrease staff cds by 20%. 

- remove chill affecting attunement cds.

- make lightning flash stun break

- give weaver single attunement on f5 and rework unravel. 

- increase hammer orb dmg in pve. 1dmg is just ridiculous. 
Add hammer earth1 bleed. Speed up hammer animations by 15%

- rework dead traits like earth 3.1 or water 2.1 …

Edited by asket.5674
  • Like 1

- Please redo the aoe nerf. It has nowhere any justification anymore aside from pvp.

- Please rework the catalyst energy management or completely remove it. It is unrewarding, completely useless and just and simply annoying. 

- Rework the elementals so they work like any other minion-type and fix the kitten riding bug!

- Please give us the options in gameplay to either use auto-target for movement skills or not.

And please...

Redo the conjured weapons. They are useless, awful, and no fun to play with at all!

• Like 1

conjure weapons now become weapons you can wield in your main-hand, off-hand, or as a two-handed weapon. the conjure skill type can become something else.
rework ele's pistol: I won't repeat it, but give it new conditions to enhance the condi damage aspect. autoattacks need to bounce or pierce (earth attunement already has this at least). the power damage is pretty meh as well. all weapons on ele should be hybrid, not forced into a particular role. that's not how ele was designed in the first place.

arcane and water traitline get slight touchups.
staff and focus get buffs. freezing gust is a 2012 skill that isn't worth using if ever. 
hammer dual attacks on weaver are absolutely terrible and uninspired. they're the same skills blended into one. 
self-quickness maybe in fire or air traits. 
alacrity and aura generation being tied together instead of alacrity on overloads. why wasn't alacrity on elemental bastion? it's really wack how this trait competes with an incredibly useful support trait; it would've tied in well with heal alac tempest. similar example: mirage has had this same issue with the choice between desert distortion and mirage mantle, and now they have dune cloak which is anti-synergistic with infinite horizon. choosing between alacrity or healing is ridiculous when other healers tie in both.
arcane skills now rip boons and rip/transfer two additional boons from a foe on a critical hit. 

5 hours ago, mirage.8046 said:

alacrity and aura generation being tied together instead of alacrity on overloads. why wasn't alacrity on elemental bastion? it's really wack how this trait competes with an incredibly useful support trait; it would've tied in well with heal alac tempest. similar example: mirage has had this same issue with the choice between desert distortion and mirage mantle, and now they have dune cloak which is anti-synergistic with infinite horizon. choosing between alacrity or healing is ridiculous when other healers tie in both.
arcane skills now rip boons and rip/transfer two additional boons from a foe on a critical hit. 

Alac generation should also be valid for boon dps, not just healer. Also, druid has similar choice between alac and more healing.