PSA - Gliding Disabled in WvW

4 hours ago, Luranni.9470 said:

WTB fall damage traits.

lol, on one of my skydiving without a parachute adventures last night I was thinking this should give Luranni opportunities for some great video shots before I went splat.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

In the 21st century

You can dance

With your feet off the ground

And if you believe

Then you can fly

And if a man can dream

Then he can defy

HIT IT!

G R A V I T Y

And for all you Dr. Who cross-over fans:

M A V I T Y

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Can we get an achievement for fall death during ?

Where is the fun in that?  Everyone gonna get that achievement.  Should be achievement only for not falling to death during.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why not diable the kitten glider that caused the crash instead. At least you can still glide, just in ugly style but way kitten better then loosing gliding for all players in WvW. Being red on top or that where the gliding is in every part of what you do, did not really help much either. 

So why Anet did you diable gliding instead of one glider?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Leaa.2943 said:

Why not diable the kitten glider that caused the crash instead. At least you can still glide, just in ugly style but way kitten better then loosing gliding for all players in WvW. Being red on top or that where the gliding is in every part of what you do, did not really help much either. 

So why Anet did you diable gliding instead of one glider?

Cause disabling the skin affects pve sales, while disabling in wvw doesn't.

🤭

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi Guys,

Everyone enjoyed the No Down State events, so we at Anet have decided to push the boundaries and introduce our new WvW no gliding event. I'm sure everyone will have alot of fun with this new event. We plan to do this event every three months in hopes that you will be distracted and give us another 5 years to work on Alliances. Anet understands that WvW is a major part of our success and will continue to work very hard to continually evolve WvW.

• Haha 6

Again, had a guildy virtual slap me, make sure you tell your guildmates! Anet, how about that non-gliders buff appearing like in puzzles unless you think it will be fixed by Reset or you can disable that item!  kthxbai!

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

2 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

But it was posted in the "Forums". So......

On 1/3/2024 at 1:25 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

There isn't even a red dev announcement in this forum 😂

I bolded it for easier reading.  

Literally every time a major change like this happens, they put a red dev post in the actual sub-forum it affects, not just a random announcement in the news section.  Since the gliding change ONLY affects WvW, they could have just stuck it here instead of announcements and gotten more benefit out of it.

Like, CMC put the December AT announcement in the actual sPvP forums instead of a random announcement, because it only applies to sPvP.  And sPvP is DEAD--that should tell you a lot, lot.

I hope all this is clear now.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, chad.8701 said:

Hi Guys,

Everyone enjoyed the No Down State events, so we at Anet have decided to push the boundaries and introduce our new WvW no gliding event. I'm sure everyone will have alot of fun with this new event. We plan to do this event every three months in hopes that you will be distracted and give us another 5 years to work on Alliances. Anet understands that WvW is a major part of our success and will continue to work very hard to continually evolve WvW.

Maybe we should ask for a no-exploit event 🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1