Anet admit world restructuring does not improve matchups

Same, Skrittsburgh's server is horrendously balanced. Skrittsburgh is consistently 1000+ behind Griffonfall  and 500+ behind Seven Pines on skirmish score at all times of the day, the active population of the other two servers is just insane compared to Skrittsburgh's. Playing on Skrittsburgh feels like you are a tier 3 or 4 server just providing content to two tier 1 Maguuma servers lol. Its just constantly 2 50 man blobs coming at the equivalent of a 15 man PPT squad.

Edited by Phasma Phasmatis.4305
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I dont think anet is into balanced matchups atm. Rush week and beta the same time, they clearly wanted people to be active to test the random people assignment further.

„Beta“ does not mean they promise any better experience than usual. It only means they test what they are working on. Regardless of any user expectation and regardless if its working at all. You are just part of the test atm. I wouldnt know where anet promised ever that during a beta you get better matchups or any better wvw.

show if im wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

World restructuring improves playing with guilds rather than playing with servers. Where the former allows freedom of who you want to play with, whereas the latter you're essentially stuck with the people you're with until you pay up gems to swap servers.

Also, this is the first week of the beta. This is the worst time to complain about match ups. It's like complaining about the first week of new server pairings.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 1/14/2024 at 3:26 AM, Marcarus.5012 said:

The matchup my guild is in is terribly imbalanced.  This is no better than using servers.  Might as well leave things the way they were.

So other people can have imbalanced match ups instead?
I made my first alt account when there were a couple of guilds that moved from my server at the same time, and then we got linked as the link to a host where there had been a mass exodus right before relink. So a dead host with a dead link. Which ruined content for those left for a whole eight weeks.
Instead of buying gems to move, and then move whenever it happened again, I put the money into an alt WvW account to have more eggs in the basket. Like so many others chasing content due to a broken system. But it's a quick fix that just makes the server problem even worse.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Confused 3

Anet isn’t capable of properly linking server together cause they have trouble counting active players or i don’t know.

but somehow, this magical thing can make it work yeah? Sure.

let‘s say I’m not surprised.

tho i have to say, it’s not bad so far at least concerning me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

World restructuring improves playing with guilds rather than playing with servers. Where the former allows freedom of who you want to play with, whereas the latter you're essentially stuck with the people you're with until you pay up gems to swap servers.

Also, this is the first week of the beta. This is the worst time to complain about match ups. It's like complaining about the first week of new server pairings.

Worlds allows people the freedom of choice to play with who they want to play with and move whenever they want. Whereas with guilds, the Dev's will essentially force you to play with whomever THEY choose.

World Building is the greatest freedom, choice, and security. Whereas guilds are small, limited, and controlled by an individual.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Worlds are stuck full for months and months at a time. You don't get to play with who you want whenever you want.

Compare with chosing the guild you want to play with and getting to do so on a 4 week schedule.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Apart from the initial broken reset, which seems to be largely fixed, I'm thoroughly enjoying this Beta. Content has been good, and while there is one team that is outperforming the other two, it doesn't feel unbalanced at all in the way that the current linking system can be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Worlds allows people the freedom of choice to play with who they want to play with and move whenever they want. Whereas with guilds, the Dev's will essentially force you to play with whomever THEY choose.

World Building is the greatest freedom, choice, and security. Whereas guilds are small, limited, and controlled by an individual.

How interesting. I keep being forced to play with people the devs link me with all the time. This is something new for you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

I love how this perfectly reads one of those ads filled with a bunch of exceptions and clarifications marked with a bunch of * symbols and can be seen in size 2 font at the bottom. 

Having the Freedom of choice* of choosing who I want to play with and move whenever I want** without Anet deciding it*** is nice.

*Freedom depends on how much gems one's willing to spend
**Dependent on whether you have the gems to join your friends
***Anet may link your server to another server you don't want to play with

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, T G.7496 said:

Apart from the initial broken reset, which seems to be largely fixed, I'm thoroughly enjoying this Beta. Content has been good, and while there is one team that is outperforming the other two, it doesn't feel unbalanced at all in the way that the current linking system can be.

I admit, after the fix it’s…. Better. But we have a bunch of guilds on our server and those are all scattered which is sad imo.

besides that, it’s okay. There is only one guild on the enemie team that is outperforming everything but they are very good coordinated so that’s fair so far. They are not unbeatable.

the last issue is, that i have to visit 7-8 different discords now instead of that 1 serverdiscord (or teamspeak, for some oldschoolservers ^^)… it’s an inconvenience but just a little one to be fair.

3 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I admit, after the fix it’s…. Better. But we have a bunch of guilds on our server and those are all scattered which is sad imo.

besides that, it’s okay. There is only one guild on the enemie team that is outperforming everything but they are very good coordinated so that’s fair so far. They are not unbeatable.

the last issue is, that i have to visit 7-8 different discords now instead of that 1 serverdiscord (or teamspeak, for some oldschoolservers ^^)… it’s an inconvenience but just a little one to be fair.

If there's people that still haven't gotten in the right place, they should go and post their info here.
This thread has been the next to top most one in the beta forums at almost all times after reset.
They started fixing it right after reset, kept fixing it throughout the weekend and are still at it.

9 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

If there's people that still haven't gotten in the right place, they should go and post their info here.
This thread has been the next to top most one in the beta forums at almost all times after reset.
They started fixing it right after reset, kept fixing it throughout the weekend and are still at it.

It needs to be sent as ingame mail though. Anet needs to send someone over to knock on their door. Players don't actually read this forum so much as only write on it. /sarcasm

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It needs to be sent as ingame mail though. Anet needs to send someone over to knock on their door. Players don't actually read this forum so much as only write on it. /sarcasm

Yes, there should have been some more in game. But we literally had devs in our alliance guilds on reset on EU so they were on the ball right away. As things progressed it went word by mouth in both discords, team chats, guild chats, what have you. And somehow people are posting and ranting over several posts and threads in the beta forum about how horrible this all is and how everyone is separated but not actually even peeking into the thread growing by the minute, made by a dev, stating something about an beta issue?

19 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Sure but if one guild is somewhere else than the other, this might be cause the guild chose to do that. I don’t know if this is the case, if yes, anet is not to blame.

i just think it would be a pity but that’s the thing of the guilds to coordinate each other.

5 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Sure but if one guild is somewhere else than the other, this might be cause the guild chose to do that. I don’t know if this is the case, if yes, anet is not to blame.

i just think it would be a pity but that’s the thing of the guilds to coordinate each other.

We seem to be somewhat confused, if people aren't in the team/world the guild is supposed to be, they can write their info there, that's what I thought you were saying, sorry if I misunderstood.
If guilds are in different worlds/teams, it means they are going by themselves as a guild, rather than in a community guild or alliance guild or something like that, and that's their choice. Forcing someone to do an alliance guild if they don't want to is exactly what can't be done, so in that way there's more freedom for both people and guilds to not be "held hostages" as someone so eloquently put it somewhere else.

7 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

We seem to be somewhat confused, if people aren't in the team/world the guild is supposed to be, they can write their info there, that's what I thought you were saying, sorry if I misunderstood.
If guilds are in different worlds/teams, it means they are going by themselves as a guild, rather than in a community guild or alliance guild or something like that, and that's their choice. Forcing someone to do an alliance guild if they don't want to is exactly what can't be done, so in that way there's more freedom for both people and guilds to not be "held hostages" as someone so eloquently put it somewhere else.

Exactly. I think the first part (aka me being somewhere else than my guild) is fixed as far as i can tell.

but the other one is an issue for me (aka guild a is somewhere else than guild b), but thats, as we both say, is a guilds choice and anet is not to blame here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LordHT.8297 said:

I would like to know why Anet insists on making teams that don't have any guilds at all.

Some worlds are stacked, there is a problem yeah. I don't think it's  anywhere near ready for release, cause all these bugs  reminds me of the first beta.

We've  gone backwards and honestly, I would even cancel the third week, if it bugs out again.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 4

What exactly is it u want anet to do? All I hear everyday, day in and day out. MU's are unbalanced. How exactly are these beta's unbalanced? Are they unbalanced because some ppl were smart enough to make their own alliances before hand, and not just leave it up to chance? How do ppl still not realise that wvw is made in way so that WE/US the players can make our own content!?!? Ppl complain that some servers are stronger then us, they are "stacked". Hell yeah some servers are stronger then others. Cause these servers are where the players take it seriously, and want good organised fights. It's ridiculous having to listen to players, who play on servers, where they litterally choose to play when there is 0 enemys around. And all they do is run around ppt'ing the entire time they have a tag. Then the other servers wake up, and they all disapear until the next day.

All I hear in this beta is, any tags? Anyone tagging up soon? Any coms around? Which is fine ofc, cause wvw is more fun in groups. But u know, anyone can tag up. Listen, u want a better wvw exp, then u, the player, has to take some initiative. Anet had given us a platform where we can baiscally do what we want, and play as we want. But still we have to listen to, unbalanced mu's, stacked servers etc... Even now, when they are FINALLY trying to sort out the banwaggon bs, and constant tranfering, messing up server balance. Ppl still complain about it. Its f'cking infuriating!!!

I got 2 words for anyone still complaining about mu balance. SKILL ISSUE!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

55 minutes ago, Thomas.2564 said:

What exactly is it u want anet to do? All I hear everyday, day in and day out. MU's are unbalanced. How exactly are these beta's unbalanced? Are they unbalanced because some ppl were smart enough to make their own alliances before hand, and not just leave it up to chance? How do ppl still not realise that wvw is made in way so that WE/US the players can make our own content!?!? Ppl complain that some servers are stronger then us, they are "stacked". Hell yeah some servers are stronger then others. Cause these servers are where the players take it seriously, and want good organised fights. It's ridiculous having to listen to players, who play on servers, where they litterally choose to play when there is 0 enemys around. And all they do is run around ppt'ing the entire time they have a tag. Then the other servers wake up, and they all disapear until the next day.

All I hear in this beta is, any tags? Anyone tagging up soon? Any coms around? Which is fine ofc, cause wvw is more fun in groups. But u know, anyone can tag up. Listen, u want a better wvw exp, then u, the player, has to take some initiative. Anet had given us a platform where we can baiscally do what we want, and play as we want. But still we have to listen to, unbalanced mu's, stacked servers etc... Even now, when they are FINALLY trying to sort out the banwaggon bs, and constant tranfering, messing up server balance. Ppl still complain about it. Its f'cking infuriating!!!

I got 2 words for anyone still complaining about mu balance. SKILL ISSUE!!

EU T3 you can see 2 servers with 45000K+D and 1 server with 58000K+D. Two servers are missing about 30% of flow (players) today Monday. I'll be able to tell you at the end of the week how they navigated these numbers.

Consider that we have no idea if Anet is testing only the redistribution in a correct way, or also in a balanced way.