About the legendary relic (before people start to complain on forum)

Hello. I would like a little more precision (specially from the team) about the way to get the legendary relic with making a legendary rune.

"it became clear that the best choice was to fully compensate anyone who had made any legendary runes prior to the relic"

"toute personne qui avait déjà fabriqué au moins une rune légendaire avant que les reliques ne soient disponibles"

For me, i understand that people who will get the free legendary relic is people who craft at least one legendary rune BEFORE SOTO (when they released the normal relic).

In french they say "les reliques" (in english it's sould be relics but in the english news, it's say "relic").

I see a lot of people rushing about crafting at least one legendary rune when hoping to get the legendary relic but if i have understand well, people will come complain here on forum after.

Even in my guild, people are a little confuse about that.

Can we have a confirmation that leg runes was needed to be crafted before soto or if we do one now, we will get a legendary relic ?

Edited by Valaraukar.7652
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

• Valaraukar.7652 changed the title to About the legendary relic (before people start to complain on forum)
18 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Hello. I would like a little more precision (specially from the team) about the way to get the legendary relic with making a legendary rune.

For me, i understand that people who will get the free legendary relic is people who craft at least one legendary rune BEFORE SOTO (when they released the normal relic).

In french they say "les reliques" (in english it's sould be relics but in the english news, it's say "relic").

I see a lot of people rushing about crafting at least one legendary rune when hoping to get the legendary relic but if i have understand well, people will come complain here on forum after.

Even in my guild, people are a little confuse about that.

Can we have a confirmation that leg runes was needed to be crafted before soto or if we do one now, we will get a legendary relic ?

"When the release that contains legendary relics goes live, the eligibility period will end, and the only way to obtain a legendary relic will be through the normal crafting journey."

if players were required to have crafted a Legendary Rune BEFORE SotO, this elegibility period would already be over

• Like 6

That's not how i understand it. They say indeed

"Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available, any player who has already crafted at least one legendary rune will be granted a legendary relic for free."

But a few lines after

We had previously communicated that crafting all seven runes would yield additional progress, but as we evaluated options for compensation, it became clear that the best choice was to fully compensate anyone who had made any legendary runes prior to the relic becoming available with a completed legendary relic.

And here i take the french translations who say "les reliques". In english it's mean "the relics". And it's make a big difference. Because there is only one legendary relic.

One legendary relic.

X normal relics.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Parasite.5389 said:

"When the release that contains legendary relics goes live, the eligibility period will end, and the only way to obtain a legendary relic will be through the normal crafting journey."

if players were required to have crafted a Legendary Rune BEFORE SotO, this elegibility period would already be over

Indeed and people who crafted legendary runes before the released of soto was mad about the news and the system of relics. So it was normal to make a compensation for them.

• Confused 3

I look the german translation and as the french translation they say "Relikts". Same in spanish "reliquias"

So you have in french, german, spanish, the translation who say "before the release of  relicS"

And the relicS come with soto. That where the confusion is. So that's why it's would be nice to have a clear clairification from the team about that.

• Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

And here i take the french translations who say "les reliques". In english it's mean "the relics". And it's make a big difference. Because there is only one legendary relic.

One legendary relic.

X normal relics.

There will be as many legendary relics as there are players that get at least one and they are using the plural form of relic all the time when referring to the legendary version, regardless of language.

When the release that contains legendary relics goes live, the eligibility period will end

This is a very clear statement regarding the eligibility period. No mentioning of SotO at all.

I'm still unsure whether this actually means legendary relics (and therefore SotO relics) will become aviable for players without the expansion. So far it seems like that will be the case, but it would go against what they said in the past and "100% of legendary relic progress" does leave some room for "you get all the materials, but still need to craft it and that's only possible with that one SotO exclusive forge" sort of thing.

Edited by Zyreva.1078

8 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Again, if the period to earn a Legendary relic by crafting a legendary rune was BEFORE SotO's launch then that period is ALREADY OVER, however they clearly state that you have until the release of the next update before is ends

Hum indeed they say that. I missread this part.

When the release that contains legendary relics goes live, the eligibility period will end,

That would be a no-sense indeed to say that if the eligibility was close if they was speaking about the releases of relics who come with sotos.
But the translations bring confusion. Or maybe the english containt some mistake (it's already happen in the past about some things).

It would be nice from the team to be clear about that.

Edited by Valaraukar.7652
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Actually I remember somethign similar about the wording in the original older news about relics - where in English the plural was used. But we can use only 1 per build. (Not like we have 2 - one for each weapon set.) From their point of view it totally can mean "relics" with only one legendary per player. Since in the game the total amount over all players ... will be more.

Imo the original English news here is pretty clear though: Get 1 (or more) legendary runes unlocked for your account = free legendary relic. They can still make change.s But anything that worsens the compensation seems unlikely. (Would get a lot of complaints.)

So ... they changed it from "some progress per relic" to "100 percent progress for 1 relic" - that is an improvement. Giving more. (While it still annoys some people that crafted a 7th one - but I would not be annoyed cause of that. Might get all in the future for completion.) Going back to giving less than the full relic for 1 rune ... would mean less compensation. And generate a lot of backlash in the forums. (Since now people craft 1 rune at an increased price cause the charm prices increased a lot.)

Any reference to "Legendary Relics" is to the population of legendary relics that the play base will have. Each account will only have 1 Legendary Relic. So long as you have crafted at least 1 Legendary Rune prior to the next quarterly release you will receive 1 Legendary Relic, most likely via the mail. Anyone who crafts their first Legendary Rune after the next quarterly update is not eligible to receive 1 Legendary Relic for free and will have to craft it via a recipe that has yet to be released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yep the price go up really fast but for normal player, doing a leg rune right now is almost having a free leg relic (even it's seems to unlock new "type" of relics on the leg relic in the new expansion, we will need to unlock them in the normal way).

So, for relics only—and starting with the fifth expansion—new relic effects will need to be unlocked within each expansion in order to be accessible via legendary relics.

It's a little bit too easy to have a legendary things in my opinion and it's doesn't compensate people who crafted the leg runes before. In my opinion, these player should recieve a extra things

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

I look the german translation and as the french translation they say "Relikts". Same in spanish "reliquias"

So you have in french, german, spanish, the translation who say "before the release of  relicS"

And the relicS come with soto. That where the confusion is. So that's why it's would be nice to have a clear clairification from the team about that.

As a native German speaker, the German article too talks about one singular, legendary relic: 

Als wir die Relikte erstmals ankündigten, erwähnten wir, dass wir mit Einführung des legendären Relikts im Spiel Spieler entschädigen würden, die bereits legendäre Runen hergestellt haben.

Allerdings wurde uns beim Bewerten der Entschädigungsoptionen klar, dass es am besten sei, jeden, der vor Einführung des Relikts eine legendäre Rune hergestellt hat, mit einem vollständigen legendären Relikt zu entschädigen.

Plural would have been "der Relikte" - so it's decidedly singular. The only plural is in the title "Soon there will be legendary relics" (Schon bald gibt es legendäre Relikte). 

I'd assume that the French/German/Spanish versions were translated from the English (original), so when in doubt take the translations with a grain of salt more. English and German both word it in a way that implies "if you make a legendary rune the day before legendary relics are added to the game, you still get the latter". 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Yep the price go up really fast but for normal player, doing a leg rune right now is almost having a free leg relic (even it's seems to unlock new "type" of relics on the leg relic in the new expansion, we will need to unlock them in the normal way).

It's a little bit too easy to have a legendary things in my opinion and it's doesn't compensate people who crafted the leg runes before. In my opinion, these player should recieve a extra things

Perhaps it's a little too easy by comparison but I do think it's the best solution. So go craft 1 legendary rune, it's what I just did. The prices of mats are going to go up as soon as people realise this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Perhaps it's a little too easy by comparison but I do think it's the best solution. So go craft 1 legendary rune, it's what I just did. The prices of mats are going to go up as soon as people realise this.

Yep, i have already more than enough to craft it. It's an free leg relic for me right now

Tk's all to bringing more informations and some information that i missread in the confusion of the translations and the information that i miss it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

I look the german translation and as the french translation they say "Relikts".

"Relikts" implies singular. I assume the translation said "des Relikts", which means "of the relic". Ignoring the articles, which are some of the biggest headaches for even native speakers, the plural for the German "Relikt" is "Relikte".

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

Tx. Idk how i missed that article. When it says that relic features will have to be unlocked, i assume that if you unlock it on one char it will be unlocked for the rest of the account (in the same way that you can buy additional copies of unlocked relics at the minute)?

48 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

Tx. Idk how i missed that article. When it says that relic features will have to be unlocked, i assume that if you unlock it on one char it will be unlocked for the rest of the account (in the same way that you can buy additional copies of unlocked relics at the minute)?

Probably (although it wasn't mentioned outright). For safety i would not be assuming anything that isn't spelled out directly, though, as it seems they have no problem with changing stuff for the worse for the sake of pushing more "forced engagement".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 legendary rune = 1 legendary relic!!!  How bout those who already crafted more than 1 legendary rune????  I need compensation !!!!

At least 1 free black lion weapon skin for each other legendary rune....  in addition to the Legendary Relic would be nice!!!! 

Edited by Darkdawn.6807
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Darkdawn.6807 said:

1 legendary rune = 1 legendary relic!!!  How bout those who already crafted more than 1 legendary rune????  I need compensation !!!!

At least 1 free black lion weapon skin for each other legendary rune....  in addition to the Legendary Relic would be nice!!!! 

You can get however many legendary relics you got runes do you feel any better now?

• Haha 2