Nerf barrage rangers now!

Chiral.8915

8 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

What habbened? Buff bow moar. Maybe increase ramge to 3000 units?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barrage

is being changed to an ammo system, so now rangers have easy access to an aoe attack that can't be reflected. This means they may be able to touch an enemy group without being reflected to death. There's also a certain gimmick trait by the name of quick draw which greatly reduces the cooldown of a skill when you swap weapons. Thus the potential of a triple barrage exists.

In general, the ideas of any damage based ranger being useful in a zerg, especially with a bow, is  considered illegal and punishable by death or /squadkick so much to the point that some ranger mains will openly disavow the Longbow in order to not be branded as a scrub.

Unfortunately, the average ranger pug will probably still continue to press 2 and kill themselves anyways, providing much needed bags to the general populace. But at least some will be able to play the game.

The actual effect  of it in large scale is probably minimal due to the other broken stuff that exists atm. But I am sure someone will make something that will get complained about here in about.... 12 hours?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

And here i am, thinking that the only reason rangers with a longbow are never going to be accepted is cause they push every enemy target out of the damage bomb and firefields with their point blank shot.

No joke, the real reason ranger isn't liked in squads is because it needs skill to be effective. Relative to the zerg meta classes that is. 

And 99% of Rangers in Wvw are brain dead zombies. 

The other 1% are roamers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

And here i am, thinking that the only reason rangers with a longbow are never going to be accepted is cause they push every enemy target out of the damage bomb and firefields with their point blank shot.

The trick is to have 50 longbow rangers so that all the enemies get pushed away and then bomb. Easy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

The ongoing joke when a Ranger knows they knocked back a target from a melee-mate is to at least claim it with pride and voice-up. RANGER!

Knockback, its a privilege not a right. Save it for those that bad position and toss them off the cliff or knock them from air moments. 

• Haha 1

anet is trying to kill wvw i am sure because there is no explanation of this, one of the most annoying skill become is now ammo. i can imagine the gift of battle ranger players on top of wall and spam all day long their lovely barrage skills. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The trick is to have 50 longbow rangers so that all the enemies get pushed away and then bomb. Easy.

Oh god!

this is awesome xD

27 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

The ongoing joke when a Ranger knows they knocked back a target from a melee-mate is to at least claim it with pride and voice-up. RANGER!

Knockback, its a privilege not a right. Save it for those that bad position and toss them off the cliff or knock them from air moments. 

ikr?

it‘s generally so usefull but when i see it happen it’s like „yeah baby i dropped all my wells and my full bomb muahaha time to die fiend….“ and then, said enemie grins at me outside of my combo. ;_;

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

^^100%

I ask rangers often, "hey can you lb 5 that treb on top of supply hut in smc"

Normal ranger answer "Oh i can't see or aim up there"

The sheer frustration when you have 2 Soulbeast in your full squad and ask them to remove the arrow carts in a tower and they didn't even know that Longbow 5 ignores Los. 

Bruh. You guys have over 25k ap. You have been playing ranger for years in Wvw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

An enemy server did a 50 Longbow ranger raid one night as an event. 

They ended it early because they got destroyed. 

Being hard countered by a single reflect wall is bad enough but barrage make you unable to move. So if they tried a barrage of barrage (ha), you could just push in and kill them. 

Is was funny to see tho. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

An enemy server did a 50 Longbow ranger raid one night as an event. 

They ended it early because they got destroyed. 

Being hard countered by a single reflect wall is bad enough but barrage make you unable to move. So if they tried a barrage of barrage (ha), you could just push in and kill them. 

Is was funny to see tho. 

Since even most clouds nowadays have 90% of their force attacking the front of the enemy zerg and the remaining flankers not having enough damage to do anything, I can understand that.

9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Since even most clouds nowadays have 90% of their force attacking the front of the enemy zerg and the remaining flankers not having enough damage to do anything, I can understand that.

I always say in chat to walk around them and attack their backline. But nobody listens to me.

1 hour ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

^^100%

I ask rangers often, "hey can you lb 5 that treb on top of supply hut in smc"

Normal ranger answer "Oh i can't see or aim up there"

Hey, you are fortunate. At least it shows they can read and write. I can't say the same for the ones in my parts.

• Like 1

It's pretty potent.  

No one will care though as yeah, 90%+ of rangers don't know how to use barrage properly--if at all.

For the rest, thinking power druid setups may be fun in larger groups now (unsure of full on zerg, but cloud v cloud could make a build that gets many a bag)--may even outshine mace if they keep this double barrage around and don't change mace by quite a lot.  

It changes nothing on quickdraw double LB build. You're still going to be limited by the QD cooldown.

It just gives a standard build an extra barrage.

Thats it. It changes nothing noteworthy.

Youre still doing tickle damage, with a decade long cast, that forces you to be stationary, that any group will just ignore with perma prot and overheal/barrier.

Good for killing carts on walls though.

Edited by Sandzibar.5134
spellinz
  • Like 2

All fun and games till anet see barrage as an utility skills and not dps there by nerfing its dmg in wvw. Its already an soft cc that dose not need LOS. (I did not realize it was a 4.572 mod too wtf is this skill compared to other ranged aoe dps skills lol.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

anet is trying to kill wvw i am sure because there is no explanation of this, one of the most annoying skill become is now ammo. i can imagine the gift of battle ranger players on top of wall and spam all day long their lovely barrage skills. 

Screw that, the annoying thing is getting your siege whittled away by an AOE that just about touches you. 

20 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

No joke, the real reason ranger isn't liked in squads is because it needs skill to be effective. Relative to the zerg meta classes that is. 

And 99% of Rangers in Wvw are brain dead zombies. 

The other 1% are roamers. 

No it's because rangers aren't effective enough in damage or it takes far more coordination than other classes.

You can say that any build requires skill for it to be effective, but that doesn't mean the average comm wants you to use thief, power mesmer, condi builds, any dps ranger builds.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

No it's because rangers aren't effective enough in damage or it takes far more coordination than other classes.

You can say that any build requires skill for it to be effective, but that doesn't mean the average comm wants you to use thief, power mesmer, condi builds, any dps ranger builds.

In my many years of Wvw, I have seen Thief's, Rangers and mesmers going absolutely bananas in zerg squads. 

The difference between them and the average dude is knowing what to do. 

Rangers biggest problem is the reputation of being smooth brain cry babies. 

WAAAH I WANNA GO 1111111 WITH MY LONGBOW WAHHHHH!!!!  BUT COM DOESN'T LET ME WAAAHHHHH!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 6