Petition to Add a Dyeable Channel for Underwear

14 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm not sold on the fact that for a game rated 13+ that Anet would want to actively encourage characters running around their game in their skivvies.

When I go to Southsun Cove's beach area, I automatically get stripped down to my fig leaf anyway. I just want to swap that out for "trunks." But that's just me. I'm sure other people have their own reasons for running around in their undies.

Alternatively, personally I'm open to swapping the whole underwear thing in this topic for a swimsuit option.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

You are never truly naked if You have Your underwear on. So purpose was defeated even before it started I imagine. xd

But jokes aside, I don't think there are this many "naked roamers" in the game to justify all the fuss that coding such a thing would create. Watch the old backpieces. Peoples were asking for them to be dyeable for ages to no avail, becouse as devs stated it would be insanely annoying/hard to do. I can only imagine that a piece that wasn't an armor to begin with would be even more tidious.

But since I don't want to be a total nay sayer, heres my solution: Outfit that would be composed only from underwear with dyeable slots. I am not a fan of all this swimsuits/underwear only skins in games, but if I were, I would rather ask for this than what op wants.

My solution: make a leg armour piece that looks exactly like the underwear underneath it and make that dyeable. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Not worth the resources and getting into the old coding imho, since we have pieces like tattoo legs that are basicly a dyeable underwear. I think the leggings from WV also look like shorts, at least on a charr. 

How much resources needed to make a dyable channel? The whole team? And, not everyone likes tatoos on their bodies. What's wrong with just having a simple dyeable undies or a normal piece of swimwear? I guess all those slutty outfits look more decent than normal undies or swimwear 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

Just to be clear, what I'm advocating for is the ability to color the underwear given to us from day 1, and for those brave enough to go into the world without wearing armor to show off that dyed underwear. If it would have to be an effect, I can find common ground on one that is only visible if you're not wearing chest or pants armor. By no means am I pushing for a gemstore skin that transforms the appearance of armor into underwear. It'd completely ruin running around armorless. There are already skins (Invisible Slippers and Bestial Tides Chest/Pants) that really pushes the threshold in that regard. If you want to be in your underwear, you really need to strip down to achieve it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, RoboticRichardSimmons.1629 said:

Just to be clear, what I'm advocating for is the ability to color the underwear given to us from day 1, and for those brave enough to go into the world without wearing armor to show off that dyed underwear. If it would have to be an effect, I can find common ground on one that is only visible if you're not wearing chest or pants armor. By no means am I pushing for a gemstore skin that transforms the appearance of armor into underwear. It'd completely ruin running around armorless. There are already skins (Invisible Slippers and Bestial Tides Chest/Pants) that really pushes the threshold in that regard. If you want to be in your underwear, you really need to strip down to achieve it.

Nah, if the rest of the internet isn't skimpy enough and you have to have more skimpy here, in a 13+ game, make it a 2000 gems outfit with a single dye channel that looks like the default underwear so it saves dev resources. /s

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RoboticRichardSimmons.1629 said:

Jokes aside, it's likely you would to put up with some kind of workaround should they go with such an option. Previous statements on how dyes and things in the game from day one are difficult to change, if not impossible. I *think* that's why we got invisible slippers, because adding an option to hide footwear was too much hassle. 

A gemstore skin would be a more viable thing to push for

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiki.9450 said:

When I go to Southsun Cove's beach area, I automatically get stripped down to my fig leaf anyway. I just want to swap that out for "trunks." But that's just me. I'm sure other people have their own reasons for running around in their undies.

Alternatively, personally I'm open to swapping the whole underwear thing in this topic for a swimsuit option.

It also happens any time you equip diving goggles.

Player characters in their underwear clearly isn't a problem for the age rating or that wouldn't be allowed (and neither would removing their clothes). I assume that's why the irremovable underwear is there - that is the minimum they have to have to comply with the age rating. I can't see that dying it would make it more of a problem, other than the possibility of some players dying it to match their characters skin/bark/fur, but that could be prevented by limiting the available colours like they do for hair colours. That might be difficult to do for sylvari, but their 'underwear' is already a few leaves which are designed to look like part of their body.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Diving googles would just temporarily stripped you down to your undies and we would appreciate them greatly if they give them to us as a decoration item for guild hall use. So much water bodies in our halls (except for WIndswept Haven 😢 )

But what would be excellent is, give us alternate undies, not asking for more just allow us to change the default yellow colour. And, Anet could make dyes only for undies use and sell them in the gemstore. For sure, they will sell like hot cakes and would made whatever resources spent well worth it.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pinkeh.4207 said:

Black Desert Online's cash shop takes knickers and undies to the next level.  

I have BDO and I love their fashions. Their fashions sense is more 'realistic' not contradicting like GW2. If only they were not open world pvp, I would uninstall  this game and stay in BDO.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

How much resources needed to make a dyable channel? The whole team? And, not everyone likes tatoos on their bodies. What's wrong with just having a simple dyeable undies or a normal piece of swimwear? I guess all those slutty outfits look more decent than normal undies or swimwear 🤷‍♀️

It's not a matter of simply adding a dye channel. Do You know anything about coding? As I stated in my second post here, it would be way easier to make an outfit of dyeable underwear than to make a whole system that would make underwear dyeable, system that is not worth time and resources.  Plus effect would ne the same.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

My solution: make a leg armour piece that looks exactly like the underwear underneath it and make that dyeable. 

Hah. Ye, I actually edited the post You quoted to delete the idea of leg armour piece actually, since peoples here were asking for a way to look naked without having any pieces that gives You stats on, cuz PvP hardtries or something. Thus the single idea of an outfit.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RoboticRichardSimmons.1629 said:

30 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

It's not a matter of simply adding a dye channel. Do You know anything about coding? As I stated in my second post here, it would be way easier to make an outfit of dyeable underwear than to make a whole system that would make underwear dyeable, system that is not worth time and resources.  Plus effect would ne the same.

perhaps even linking underwear colour to the accessory colour that normally edits the keck and hair items when you first make your toon it may be less coding but it would be a set once or makeover kit deal 

biziut you seem to know something about coding would that be a massive undertaking 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

if you desire this, it would be more effective to appeal directly to NCSoft rather than ArenaNet. NCSoft is accountable to its investors, while ArenaNet remains entrenched in what some perceive as an outdated ‘woke’ era. Fortunately, this trend seems to be on the decline. Notably, a certain Korean studio, along with other Asian companies, has chosen to diverge from this path, leading to significant success with its upcoming game. Therefore, it might be more beneficial to address your concerns directly to NCSoft, after all, they're here for the money while ArenaNet gets paid regardless.

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, dfin.2807 said:

perhaps even linking underwear colour to the accessory colour that normally edits the keck and hair items when you first make your toon it may be less coding but it would be a set once or makeover kit deal 

biziut you seem to know something about coding would that be a massive undertaking 

Way more work than making an outfit or an armor piece. Devs do armors and outfits on a regular basis. Underwear is the thing that is just there from the release, devs who were implementing it are gone, so making a brand new system to dye it would be a quite tedious work for current developers, especually when they can get the exact same outcome by just doing what they usually do, which is outfit or armor piece.

Take a look on the Dragon helmet for example. It is basicly the closest we can get to implementing a new race, becouse making a skin is way easier and bear similar resoults than trying to figure out 11 year old code to make a totally new race. 

Skin You can just create and add into a game.

Messing with underwear is, messing with character creation, dye slot creation (do not confuse with adding dye slots as they usually do with armors, adding them here is adding a new slots which would be tidious to say the least), basic character mesh, and probably more things that would all bear the risk of bugs, plus it would take insanely more time and resources than just creating an outfit/armor piece.

5 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Of course not. Didn't claim that I know. But still hard as it may be, does it takes a whole team to do that? How can it be not worthy of time and of resources if it could bring in decent revenues for ANet? Huh? Huh?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Hah. Ye, I actually edited the post You quoted to delete the idea of leg armour piece actually, since peoples here were asking for a way to look naked without having any pieces that gives You stats on, cuz PvP hardtries or something. Thus the single idea of an outfit.

Sure, but I was thinking of a way to make it dyable. Anet doesn't have to put any stats on it afaic. I'm sure that's easier for them to do then to make a core element of a character model dyable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sure, but I was thinking of a way to make it dyable. Anet doesn't have to put any stats on it afaic. I'm sure that's easier for them to do then to make a core element of a character model dyable.

Well, thats basicly outfits for You. An armor like slot that don't give You any stat benefits. I don't think there is a reason to create a piece of armor that don't give any stats, like what would even be the reason to do it.

But I may be wierd since I don't really understand the hype of running naked in WvW to begin with. Peoples will hardly respect it since You can just as well toggle off all possible armor pieces, get invisible boots and just take off chest and leggings, accessories are not visible, so I really don't think that all this GoB camp farmers will be amazed if You kill them with Your armor off.

53 minutes ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Of course not. Didn't claim that I know. But still hard as it may be, does it takes a whole team to do that? How can it be not worthy of time and of resources if it could bring in decent revenues for ANet? Huh? Huh?

Perhaps it takes a whole team, It's not about just dumping a new skin into game, You ask for implementing a new part of UI. And how do You know it will bring in decent revenues for ANet huh? Well You don't.

So if there are two ways to accomplish the same goal, one harder and one easier. Company obviously should go for the easier one.

Why it even make You such a diffrence if this underwear were to be in form of an outfit/legging skin instead of some tedious to implement new UI. It's all the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Considering the underwear can't be removed it's probably part of the character model and it's already possible for players to change the colour of all the other parts of the character model (skin, hair, skin/fur pattern and tattoos). I doubt it would be any more difficult to allow us to choose the colour of the one part of the model we can't currently change.

• Confused 1