Petition to Add a Dyeable Channel for Underwear

Dearest Anet Developers,

All these years my poor Norn has had to roam the borderlands naked and unafraid while sporting dingy brown underwear. The filthy appearance of my undergarment is unbecoming of a fabulous Norn specimen, and quite frankly hindering my ability to achieve self-actualization through fashion: the true end-game meta of Guild Wars 2. I submit this petition as a plea to introduce a dyeable channel to our undergarments so that we no longer need to be bound in these disgusting rags. All of us live with this disgrace, clothed and unclothed alike. Outerwear merely covers up the immense shame we all know that lies beneath.

Humbly,
Flex Sweatmeat

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

for to long have the naked roamers of wvw and pvp been shackled by the bonds of sadly toned underwear let us be free to expression Make Underwear Dyeable (M.U.D) come one i just want to play with mud   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Not worth the resources and getting into the old coding imho, since we have pieces like tattoo legs that are basicly a dyeable underwear. I think the leggings from WV also look like shorts, at least on a charr. 

sort of defeats the purpose of a naked roamer in wvw making the tryhards cry naked and alive 

• Confused 5

6 hours ago, dfin.2807 said:

sort of defeats the purpose of a naked roamer in wvw making the tryhards cry naked and alive 

You are never truly naked if You have Your underwear on. So purpose was defeated even before it started I imagine. xd

But jokes aside, I don't think there are this many "naked roamers" in the game to justify all the fuss that coding such a thing would create. Watch the old backpieces. Peoples were asking for them to be dyeable for ages to no avail, becouse as devs stated it would be insanely annoying/hard to do. I can only imagine that a piece that wasn't an armor to begin with would be even more tidious.

But since I don't want to be a total nay sayer, heres my solution: Outfit that would be composed only from underwear with dyeable slots. I am not a fan of all this swimsuits/underwear only skins in games, but if I were, I would rather ask for this than what op wants.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 3

I'm on Team "Let Me Change The Style." Let the ladies choose nice frilly ones if they like, instead of potato sack bras. Let the men pick boxers or briefs. Let the sylvari pick actual clothing options, if they so desire. (Fig leaf is cute and all, but...)

Who wants stripes or polkadots? Who wants fancy panties? 😄 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I support this message, and i am proud of community to finally adressing this dire situation.

What is the point of all this Norm tattoose if we cant show them to the world?

The other solution is to introduce beach special skins and outfits, which is basicly swimsuit in fantasy, in all armour class so light armour swimsuit, and heavy armour swimsuit.

There is a problem that in light armour i can show off my fur pattern and tattoos, but anything higher is actually hard to find armour skin with low coverege ration.

And in wardrobe panel there could be underwear style, so we can apply skin for our underwear of various options.

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

I'd like the option to dye underwear, but I don't think it's a priority.

9 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Not worth the resources and getting into the old coding imho, since we have pieces like tattoo legs that are basicly a dyeable underwear. I think the leggings from WV also look like shorts, at least on a charr. 

That only works on medium armour characters where the 'skirt' part of the Sanctified armour is attached to the top. On light and heavy armoured characters it's much more extensive.

7 minutes ago, evilcat.6817 said:

I support this message, and i am proud of community to finally adressing this dire situation.

What is the point of all this Norm tattoose if we cant show them to the world?

The other solution is to introduce beach special skins and outfits, which is basicly swimsuit in fantasy, in all armour class so light armour swimsuit, and heavy armour swimsuit.

There is a problem that in light armour i can show off my fur pattern and tattoos, but anything higher is actually hard to find armour skin with low coverege ration.

Anet have gotten a lot better about this in the last few years, although a lot of the options are gem store skins. Other than anomalies like the Sanctified leggings on a medium armoured character there are some intentionally revealing sets, like the Savage Scale and Leather Straps sets (and the various tattoo armours) and some which show off their arms and legs, like the Embellished Rabbit Vest.

I certainly wouldn't complain about more options, but I've been able to find at least one choice for each of my characters who want to show some skin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tinker.6924 said:

bg3 allows nudity and can have some very explicit content, maybe play that?

Ooh ooh! Sounds fun! Can I be a charr or an asura? Do I get to fight elder dragons like Zhaitan? Is Joko there? Can I play an engineer?

Then again I'm not here for explicit content. I just like player self-expression. Blue undies counts as self-expression.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

57 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Sure, as long as it doesnt take up too much in the way of dev resources. I wonder if something could be added to the gemstore to provide this effect.

They make sparkly almost transparent outfits, something similar would work...just have to sell it as separates.  Lol personally would not buy.