why you can't LOS thief axe

12 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

i was playing on skyhammer and a the enemy thief was pulling axes through the walls, i couldn't hide at all

Imagine for a moment if the skill were obstructed by terrain. The opposite would happen, -none- of the axes would hit

Anet gave us magnet axes  in a projectile hate meta instead of balancing our damage/mitigation?  ok, speeeeeeeeeeeen

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Imagine for a moment if the skill were obstructed by terrain. The opposite would happen, -none- of the axes would hit

Anet gave us magnet axes  in a projectile hate meta instead of balancing our damage/mitigation?  ok, speeeeeeeeeeeen

bro this things can just come through the wall and krit with 12k, what do you want to do against this?

• Like 4

Same thing happened to me. Hid behind a pillar to los a thief. Next thing I knew I go down from 40% hp to zero with axes coming in from the sides. It looks like if you're fighting axe thief, you're gonna have to go cross eyed.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

i was playing on skyhammer and a the enemy thief was pulling axes through the walls, i couldn't hide at all

Yeah it's silly.

The beta was like this too though, I'm surprised nobody figured this out until now 💀

There's thieves in the thief forum actively "???" about what to do with it as we speak.

Devils advocate:

There was a lot of time of no damage for this video, and the scraping noises of the axes make it easy to tell when one is setting up.  The burst wrapping around pillars is silly, but would you rather all those axe throws just be obstructed?

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

bro this things can just come through the wall and krit with 12k, what do you want to do against this?

reflect/projectile hate. We have a lot of that now across the board.

I agree that it's a silly damage delivery, but the setup does take time, and telegraphs the whole time it's there. They're not gonna rework the main hangup you have, that is, that the axes refuse to get obstructed easily, because the whole weapon is built around that not being the case. Damage, maybe, but you want what... 6-7k for like 4 seconds of setup where the thief has a blaring warhorn of what they're doing? 

I definitely just wanted dagger/pistol/staff buffs instead, buttttt 💀 Maybe if we get too annoying cmc will destroy us again who knows, I'm gonna enjoy it while it's here. 

• Confused 5

16 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

There was a lot of time of no damage for this video, and the scraping noises of the axes make it easy to tell when one is setting up.  The burst wrapping around pillars is silly, but would you rather all those axe throws just be obstructed?

I'm 90% positives thieves have faster ways to set it up, I've seen them pulling it off in real matches, but I have no clue as to how they did it. Honestly the only way to make this feature work fairly for all parts intended is to have these axes work like Hunter's Call, throw an axe, if it connects you're haunted by that axe and it always lingers on you until thief decides to call it back.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Just use your 6th sense and dodge the axes before they pass through the wall. Ez.

Saiyan I am back

with renewed cheese

They thought they'd sealed me forever

1 hour ago, Eddie.9143 said:

The axes shouldn't need LOS but you should need LOS to land them 

Probably, but I think the people that are mad at the wall part will continue to be mad at the wall part. I'd rather the mad be dealt with (or not, I'm just watching how the complain develops for now) 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I'm 90% positives thieves have faster ways to set it up, I've seen them pulling it off in real matches, but I have no clue as to how they did it. Honestly the only way to make this feature work fairly for all parts intended is to have these axes work like Hunter's Call, throw an axe, if it connects you're haunted by that axe and it always lingers on you until thief decides to call it back.

I was seeing an axe thief killing people in the spawn where the axes were straight going through the floor and walls. There was no "setup" happening. The thief was just somehow landing strikes on people who were going out of their way to LOS in their spawn. Sort of like if my Rapid Fire suddenly could just go through floors and walls.

No idea what's going on here or how they are doing it, but it's dumb and it needs to be hot-fixed.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

how come they went so hard on making axe pathing for thief work when terrain is anything but a flat plane but there's about uhh... how many old skills that fail just as hard when there's a tiny speck of dust in their way

Coalescence of Ruin moment.
Watch them keep buffing hammer over and over, trying to overcompensate for how clunky it is. And then nerf it so that no one bothers with it ever again, just like in WvW with its 0.91 coefficient. (And double CoR is coming next patch)

Edited by Sereath.1428

9 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Sort of like if my Rapid Fire suddenly could just go through floors and walls.

Yes please.  

Thief cope is fun, not enough that the mechanics of the class break most of the rules of all terrain but now the weapons do too! 

15 minutes ago, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

expect more bugs like this if they are just pumping expansions out every year now, crazy they said no expansions ever again after POF lol

ESO has an expansion every year and they don't have weapons shooting through walls, lol. 😭😭

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 4:59 AM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Sure, why not~

As long as the axe tracking for the actual setup is improved so we can actually hit with the axes on anything but 3 AND axes follow last in-first out- spawning so if I hit a jacaranda that got in the way I don't have to let that axe expire before I can get a 6th one on my target.

Or make them pierce so I don't have to throw slow projectiles carefully on a 11k hp class.

I'll run it like that np.

I'm a big fan of how it is now though. Y'all can't make me have shame after balancing thieves into the corner on the back of "it's the fastest class" then going quiet about thief after every other class got fast, because of resentment. 💀 I will throw axes unchained until cmc says I can't. I am unfettered.

What a great time to not play Guildwars anymore.

On the one hand, I feel that,
On the other, I was feeling that for every balance patch that made weird nerfs to specs that weren't even on the board meta wise because one guy in EU didn't like downing to it, Thief axe, thief axe, let it rip

• Confused 2