Staff Warrior needs looked at in PvP

Frankly it'd be much better especially as a warrior main to identify what the build is that causes this and try to come up with some counters maybe or point exactly what to change to achieve balance? I feel cheated by clicking all these topics and finding no hint of what the weapon is even doing

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Frankly it'd be much better especially as a warrior main to identify what the build is that causes this and try to come up with some counters maybe or point exactly what to change to achieve balance? I feel cheated by clicking all these topics and finding no hint of what the weapon is even doing

Staff, Line Breaker, etc.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Staff war is extra tank with a little bit of spank.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

UNENDING DUEL !!!

No less than see vindicators tanking 2-3 people on a point.....something like this was missing from wars, everybody (except ele ofc) seems to have access to this "unkillable" duellist side noder build, who makes people feel like gods. Balanced or not....staff warrior is in line with what GW2 has become. I want every class to have access to this sort of playstyle and if people don't like it....they should start asking for total balance, without leaving out their own main, but again this is not something I'd ever see the GW2 community doing any time soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

No less than see vindicators tanking 2-3 people on a point.....something like this was missing from wars, everybody (except ele ofc) seems to have access to this "unkillable" duellist side noder build, who makes people feel like gods. Balanced or not....staff warrior is in line with what GW2 has become. I want every class to have access to this sort of playstyle and if people don't like it....they should start asking for total balance, without leaving out their own main, but again this is not something I'd ever see the GW2 community doing any time soon

Sorry but vindi can only duel 2-3 ppl at once without moving IF they really lack in damage/coordination/skill the same time. Because I can quarantee you to survive 2 competent ppl on point can only be done by kiting them off the point with obstacles in a tankier build even. And then 1v3 yea if that can be done for long time then there is some unbalanced matchmaking.

Because in that way I have had kited/killed patiently people in 1v3 on far whole match 1 time on full glass vindi build which in 1 good cc with burst can die 1v3. So yea even though I held/killed them like that we lost and I had a -24😂.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You can just leave.... 

"My role is to never lose."

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

When revenants play anything other than Power Herald after 6+ years.
"What the kitten, that revenant still hasn't folded after my constant barf of conditions, damage, and CC, and it's already been over 5 seconds."

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Each time the devs messed with shouts and tactic the warrior received complains about his healing output in the sPvP subforum until the situation come back to a fragile statu quo.

Are you really surprised that a weapon that bring (a lot of) healing powercreep to the warrior managed to break this statu quo?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

"My role is to never lose."

When revenants play anything other than Power Herald after 6+ years.
"What the kitten, that revenant still hasn't folded after my constant barf of conditions, damage, and CC, and it's already been over 5 seconds."

Oh wow my brother...my kin...my associate......that goes for literally everything according to this community,  we cannot under any circumstance, ignore the golden rules of the GW2 community :

1. If it doesn't fold to my 1-2-3 rotation....it's OP and must be nerfed/removed
  2. What I defeat easily is due to bad players behind the spec...but if I lose it's because the enemy plays OP spec
  3. I am supposed to go there and have mobility, sustain and dmg with the same build....but if your class has the same, it's OP and needs to be nerfed/removed
  4. My class/build takes skill to play well.....yours doesn't

Never forget the golden rules of the GW2 community, it helps you to navigate the forums more easily

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Oh wow my brother...my kin...my associate......that goes for literally everything according to this community,  we cannot under any circumstance, ignore the golden rules of the GW2 community :

1. If it doesn't fold to my 1-2-3 rotation....it's OP and must be nerfed/removed
  2. What I defeat easily is due to bad players behind the spec...but if I lose it's because the enemy plays OP spec
  3. I am supposed to go there and have mobility, sustain and dmg with the same build....but if your class has the same, it's OP and needs to be nerfed/removed
  4. My class/build takes skill to play well.....yours doesn't

Never forget the golden rules of the GW2 community, it helps you to navigate the forums more easily

Touché.

9 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

With your NEVER RETREAT attitude, your would make a fine Warrior. 😋

Except I hate playing  in every game warrior and thiefs classes which rely lot on stealth. I am mostly fine fighting them though 😁

The block is overrated. It's pretty much equal to shield block in uptime.
And if you're already jumping with joy at having two blocks - yeah have fun with that.

Meanwhile your team will be murdered by condi spam, especially if there's poison in the mix.
Warrior's options for cleansing allies are few and far between, and it's the one thing staff does not do.
If you're playing actual support (so stay-with-your-team warrior) you must equip the warhorn.
It's far more impactful in practice than on paper, especially since barriers aren't affected by poison's heal reduction.

The only op staff warriors i think we'll see are bunkers who don't care much for damage, but care very much for healing themselves through duels and get great mobility from staff.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Each time the devs messed with shouts and tactic the warrior received complains about his healing output in the sPvP subforum until the situation come back to a fragile statu quo.

Are you really surprised that a weapon that bring (a lot of) healing powercreep to the warrior managed to break this statu quo?

True. It has less utility than a tempest or a firebrand but when combined with already heavy defensive specs like spellbreaker and instant healing / dispel it really makes fights long.

I also have been surprised to see it on a lot of duelist build and by the damage it has.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

God Thanks there arent much CORE Warrior Healers with Staff, because this is the most broken kitten with easily 1-2mil heals without spamming Shouts for extra Heal.   But most are playing that trashy Metabattle Spellbreaker build 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2