If Glint is the mother then whos the father?!

Lastofusfan.9351

Ah but the real question is if Kralk is Glint's father who is Glint's mother...

Or Perhaps the real question is if Soo-Wan is all the Elder Dragon's mother.. who is the father!

In all seriousness though, I suspect asexual reproduction is the answer. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lastofusfan.9351 said:

Ok we know Glint is the mother of Aruene and Vlast but then whos the father?

You think too much in (classic) human stereotypes. 😉

Quote from the other discussion: "The "high dragons", as I dub them, have only shown signs of being asexual. This is why we hear nothing about Glint's mother, or Aurene's and Vlast's father. By all indication, there doesn't seem to be one."

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Ah but the real question is if Kralk is Glint's father who is Glint's mother...

Or Perhaps the real question is if Soo-Wan is all the Elder Dragon's mother.. who is the father!

In all seriousness though, I suspect asexual reproduction is the answer. 

😮 WHO IS GLINTS MOTHER?

8 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

When you realise Soo-Wan could be interpreted as Trahearne and Caithe's Great-Grandmother

When you realize Aurene and the Pale Tree are technically -checks the terminology- first cousins once removed.

Caithe, Aurene's adopted mother, is also her second cousin. Sylvari PC is also Aurene's second cousin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

The answer is magic.

Soo-Won is the "mother" or rather progenitor of the Elder Dragons. They were born of her through the use of magic.
Glint (Glaust) is the "daughter" or rather scion of Kralkatorrik. 
All elder dragons can produce eggs. Their father (or mother in the case of Glint) is magic.

Edited by firedragon.8953

On 3/23/2024 at 2:24 AM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

When you realize Aurene and the Pale Tree are technically -checks the terminology- first cousins once removed.

Caithe, Aurene's adopted mother, is also her second cousin. Sylvari PC is also Aurene's second cousin.

I still want Anet to acknowledge the Pale Tree as a "daughter" of modremoth, so the line of Aurene "of her being alone" is not true anymore. 

Even if we have the bend some rules here. 

These two, being off spring of elder dragons, would make for a wonderful conversation. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I still want Anet to acknowledge the Pale Tree as a "daughter" of modremoth, so the line of Aurene "of her being alone" is not true anymore. 

Even if we have the bend some rules here. 

These two, being off spring of elder dragons, would make for a wonderful conversation. 

Technically Aurene isn't alone regardless, because even if the Pale Tree and Kuunavang aren't literal blood family (as much as a "blood family" a group of completely differently shaped more-magical-than-physical genderless entities dozens of thousands of years old with children and no partner can be) she still has them.

That said, the 20th Anniversary Complete Art of Guild Wars does use wording that implies the Pale Tree is a "daughter" of Mordremoth, by calling her a "sapling" of Mordremoth.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 4:26 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Jormag, really. Such a drama queen. Primordus just wanted to be warm and toasty without his twin nagging at him.

I do wonder sometimes if part of the reason Primordus was so hostile to all life was due to Jormag manipulating others into attacking Primordus so many times that Primordus regressed into an animalistic state lashing out at anything around him. He was probably never the smartest of Soo-Won's children, but it's possible that he'd have been content just lazing around in magma soaking up magic if not for Jormag.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I do wonder sometimes if part of the reason Primordus was so hostile to all life was due to Jormag manipulating others into attacking Primordus so many times that Primordus regressed into an animalistic state lashing out at anything around him. He was probably never the smartest of Soo-Won's children, but it's possible that he'd have been content just lazing around in magma soaking up magic if not for Jormag.

It's a shame that they didn't put more effort into the quotes on the gen3 legendaries for Jormag and Primordus. They're so vague it's hard to tell wtf it's talking about, unlike Aurene, Zhaitan, Mordremoth, and Kralkatorrik.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Homeboy just wanted a nap in the magma without getting nagged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2024 at 2:34 PM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

It's a shame that they didn't put more effort into the quotes on the gen3 legendaries for Jormag and Primordus. They're so vague it's hard to tell wtf it's talking about, unlike Aurene, Zhaitan, Mordremoth, and Kralkatorrik.

I think the common thread with Jormag's is expressing a preference for ice over life, since with the exception of a handful of biologically immortal races, the things produced by life are constantly dying or killing one another to create new life, while ice's beauty is permanent and things frozen in ice can be forever if not thawed. Possibly part of Jormag's conversations with Aurene that we don't see.

Primordus is harder to identify a coherent theme with, or even if Primordus is actually the speaker, but there's definitely hints of sensory overload in there.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 5:08 AM, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

As the Charr Pact Commander i consider myself the Father (metaphorically speaking). I was there when that egg hatched!  And her 1st words was "Dada!"  in dragon lingo o7

A true Charr father would have placed Aurine in the care of a fahrar. Just imagine how far that smart little cub could have made it in the legions.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 8:40 AM, Westenev.5289 said:

A true Charr father would have placed Aurine in the care of a fahrar. Just imagine how far that smart little cub could have made it in the legions.

A Charr PC would probably know how much of a disaster that would be. Best case scenario, it puts one Imperator at a massive power imbalance against the others (basically creating what Bangar wanted in the Icebrood Saga). Worst case, mistreatment by Aurene by the fahrar teachers (something we know happens - see the Steel Warband) causes her to decide that mortals don't deserve protection and she sides with Grandy Kralky. Most likely, the impersonal treatment by the fahrar repeats the mistakes that the Exalted made with Vlast. When push came to shove, Aurene needed an adoptive parent, not a boarding school.

And if a charr PC tried, they'd probably be opposed by Caithe and the Exalted.

On 4/8/2024 at 8:34 AM, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be.....Unnatural.

Aurenes father was Darth Plagius the wise...have you...ever heard of him? Tragic really.

Darth Joko

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2024 at 2:29 PM, firedragon.8953 said:

All elder dragons can produce eggs.

You are very right and not only the elders alone: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_Egg

I only wonder if just Destroyer Crabs can hatch from those, or if something  "bigger" is also possible.
There is even one in the Wizard's Tower: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_Egg_(Tower_of_Secrets)

Edited by Lord Korag.8439

Magic.

Elder dragons can make more elder dragons just by molding magic, regardless of gender. So Glint didn't even need parthenogenesis or even making them into eggs. 

Glint probably made her kids as eggs instead of adults because it was easier to hide them and preserve them in that form until the situation was right to enact her plan.