Please nerf this abomination of a staff warrior ASAP

War daguer/sword staff is completly brocken, beyond belief. He has everything actually.

9 DIFFERENTS FORMS of cc: daguer3, pull from staff, full counter, teather coming from both full counter and f1, bull charge, + 4cc from rampage(2,3,4,5). (9kinds of cc in the same build, can you imagine?)

2 Block plus aegis proccing on staff.

Really really really good mobility.

Lot of cleanses ( full cleanse coming from heal and shake it off ) and weapons swap cleanse as well.

An invuln/endure pain with stab with it.

An absurd degenerated amount of healing with staff without even going in healing amuletts.

A really decent amount of damage (sure it's not a giga burst, but you can see a lot of 5k+ popping)

He has reveal coming with teather.

Loooooooooot of dodges if you count his regulars dodges, full counter (I count it as a dodge or a way to negate dmg anyway), dodge coming from full charge, other dodge from rampage bull charge + (the second one you can do again while you're still in rampage). You can cycle it with block and having an absurd amount of way to completly negate damage actually.

Honestly at this point, he just lacks of teleporte and stealth to be one of the most complete/brocken spec/build in this game. At least this is my opinion.

A gamer playing this build can do absolutly ALL THE MISTAKE in the world and still having no problem to survive.

This is the perfect exemple of extrem low risk spec/low effort with ultra giga omega op easy rewards.

I want warrior to be good honestly, I don't want it to be deleted from this game, but I want it balanced accordingly with others spec. Right now it's god tier, even an omnipotent god doesn't have that much.

Just wait the MAT comes out, you'll see 2 staff warrior per team. It's gonna be so "fuuuuuuuuuuuun"

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3

Na no not at all mAT will be something like chrono+vindi+deadeye+Spellbraker maybe also a necro or something. Stacking a side node is never good ^^ also it does not deal enough dmg to get hard stacked. 

Aside this staff/Dagger,Sword Warrior is basicly a Greatsword Warrior but with less dmg and more self sustain ^^

• Like 1

There are also some very wrong infos in you text.

First Off all

The weaponset/ bulls Charge itself got exactly 3 harder CCs. (Only one of them doing dmg btw)

Full Counter is just another one 

Overall without the Elite Skill (wich is basicly a Panic Button cause of 90 Seconds CD) you got 5 CCs

1 hard CCs (Bulls Charge)

2 dazes (full counter/ Dagger 3)

2 Pulls (tether/ staff 4)

This is overall fair enough since you are still forced to fight in melee

The self healing is kinda like this:

Mending (around 6k) [20 Sec CD]

Adrenal Health (around 133 life per Second)

Path to Victory (around 900 healing) [6-8 Sec CD]

Defiant Roar (around 1k healing up to 2,5k) [20 Sec CD]

Line Breaker (around 2,3k healing) [12 Sec CD]

Valiant Leap (around 1,3k healing) [8 Sec CD]

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

It's a strong sidenoder for sure but I wouldn't say it's mainly because of staff - the new weapon just makes what was already a loaded kit into a full blown bunker/bruiser. I would argue all the kiting potential is what could be looked at because simply nerfing staff itself will just make it another boring sidenoder only weapon (ironically it probably won't stop being used for that anyway due to line breaker, block roar and pull CC), deleting the nice and niche support build with soldier focus and staff skills. It's been known for a while warrior needs some tuning of traitlines (TUNING, it's not so far up that really warrants a nerf), the weapon kits are fine and have very good opportunity/counterplay possibilities.

32 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

Na no not at all mAT will be something like chrono+vindi+deadeye+Spellbraker maybe also a necro or something. Stacking a side node is never good ^^ also it does not deal enough dmg to get hard stacked. 

Aside this staff/Dagger,Sword Warrior is basicly a Greatsword Warrior but with less dmg and more self sustain ^^

No way to the deadeye, they totally gutted that degen build, thank God. 

People are sleeping on power mirage. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well... You're making some nice advertissement for the extension because one gotta pay for this staff on warrior.

Who knows? Perhaps I am just paid by Anet to make some kind of reverse psychology for some advertissement? 🙂

Buff warrior please.

• Confused 1

@Grimjack.8130 to be fair it does it only if you going for a traitline. Still i get your point. Was only not mention it cause as said you need to take a traitline for it xd

So technicaly every daze and stun means also 1 second of immobility ^^

Edited by Myror.7521

Tbf deadeye is just as braindead as it was if not worse, I've met 3 of them today who just erased me before I could press dodge. I don't really know thief, all I know is when the aoe appears under me I'm dead and deathlog only shows 5 different 1-3k damage abilities, before death I've seen like 5 projectiles flying to me. It happens literally less than a second. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

I think lowering the heal amount and raising the heal coefficient would help with staff. That way, if you wanted to go duelist you don’t get as much healing as you do now, but if you invest in the healing stats you get more bang for your buck. 

This fits more in the “holes and roles” theme they said they want to have for balance.

Also slightly reducing the f1 burst damage for staff would help out.

These changes would reduce sustain slightly for staff with zerker stats, and slightly reduce damage also. The weapon would still be a good kit though if done right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/23/2024 at 12:59 AM, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

No way to the deadeye, they totally gutted that degen build, thank God. 

People are sleeping on power mirage. 

Power mirage is a super fat build for ranked, domination\dueling is a powerhouse. I think it loses hard against a certain amount of roamer-ish classes (willbender, vindicator and thief will all turtbofist a power mirage), so you need to be really careful when those are around.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Power mirage is a super fat build for ranked, domination\dueling is a powerhouse. I think it loses hard against a certain amount of roamer-ish classes (willbender, vindicator and thief will all turtbofist a power mirage), so you need to be really careful when those are around.

TBH I don't see how any of those builds counter mirage. Even thief. SA DD doesn't bring enough to a mAT comp and mirage can one shot a crit strikes DD easily. Unavoidable split surge goes BRRR. 

• Like 1

expected power level with the most selfish class that can only be effective side node, with no range/aoe/stealth/teleport/instant cast options, all of the options should come with a power trade off.

if not then there would be no balance to begin with and there would be no reason to take warrior, specially when every other class now is running some form of roam gank range aoe builds

if thief is staple due to mechanics alone, then warrior should be the complete opposite of the spectrum, and other classes come in between them

unless there's elite spec that's as mechanically poor as warrior, but it doesnt exist

when teams run 2 of them then it becomes overboard, but it's not the case right now

also any class will be broken with stealth and teleport alone, there's a reason why thief has been meta 90% of the time since game release

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

TBH I don't see how any of those builds counter mirage. Even thief. SA DD doesn't bring enough to a mAT comp and mirage can one shot a crit strikes DD easily. Unavoidable split surge goes BRRR. 

Imparing daggers deals 10k damage from stealth; you have 15k hp. You do the math.
Also, daredevils using Cluster Bomb are a mesmer eraser. You cannot fight it in any way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Imparing daggers deals 10k damage from stealth; you have 15k hp. You do the math.
Also, daredevils using Cluster Bomb are a mesmer eraser. You cannot fight it in any way.

Nah, even in critical strike full berserk, imparaings daggers usually hit to 6k5-7k on light target if all hits crits, but no 10k.

It's a big sacrifice actually, cause we take that instead of agility signet meaning you're extremly weak to condi, and imparaing daguers can be reflected, blocked, invuln, dodged, line of sighted. It does damage for sure, that's why we take it btw, but it's not good everytime depending the context and the compo you're facing.

Short bow is for sure extremly strong againt power mesmer but again, it has no real defensiv skill, so you burst him at the good moment, you can litteraly 100-0 him in a matter of a sec, in one burst, where thief can't really do that to you, you usually have time to react with multiple invuln, block etc.

21 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

Nah, even in critical strike full berserk, imparaings daggers usually hit to 6k5-7k on light target if all hits crits, but no 10k.

Straight up false. The damage is MUCH higher. I'm not asking for a nerf; Impairing Daggers is a melee skill with a super slow cast time intended to deal damage, and that's what it does. But I'm not staying around a daredevil because "It deals 6.5k", that's entirely false.

21 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

Short bow is for sure extremly strong againt power mesmer but again, it has no real defensiv skill, so you burst him at the good moment, you can litteraly 100-0 him in a matter of a sec

Feel free to try your luck landing the melee, super telegraphed gs2 against a daredevil and pray some random blind\weakness will not kitten it up entirely. I wouldn't do that, but you do you.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

49 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

are you sure that is Impairing Daggers and not Fist Flurry ?

Positive. From what I understood -correct me if I'm wrong- you try to use it impairing daggers either in melee range or close to that... same-ish range I'd use heartseeker, I'd say? because the projectile is very slow and doesn't track. And when I tried it the animation felt a bit slow, the third dagger takes something like 0.66s to come out. Not the end of the world, but I personally wouldn't use it as a proper ranged skill.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1