Please nerf this abomination of a staff warrior ASAP

3 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Positive. From what I understood -correct me if I'm wrong- you try to use it impairing daggers kind-of in melee range because the projectile is very slow and doesn't track. And when I tried it the animation felt very slow.

well in that regard it is like GS2 from your mesmer. you can hit it more reliably when combining it with an instant teleport, but it will hit often enough on range too.  personally i would not use it for only damage, but the immob and 100% 3x projectile finisher = 3x blind with smoke can be helpful.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

well in that regard it is like GS2 from your mesmer. you can hit it more reliably when combining it with an instant teleport, but it will hit often enough on range too. 

As slow as the projectile from gs2 might be (it really is), it is also unblockable and has decent tracking.

5 hours ago, Kees Flodder.1269 said:

I think raising the heal coefficient with staff would be the best option, that's all you need to do to remove it from dualists.

True and then it's just used on support for that amount.

Hi Keesje 

• Confused 1

On 3/23/2024 at 7:59 PM, Myror.7521 said:

@Hotride.2187 sadly strength Spellbraker is just omega Trash atm xd. You have too low heal..... No resistance against blind Spam.... no good condi cleanes..... and the dmg is nearly the same as If you would just play Defence xD

Trash or no, I could 1v1 a def spb until staff release. With staff its just too much sustain, the thing doesnt die and who likes that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fellknight.4820 said:

Spellbreaker is overperforming atm, staff just makes it worse. 

Literally every meta or close to meta spec is a spellbreaker atm, which clearly shows it's overperforming over other warrior specs atm.

Idk. If I see 1 I don't feel like the game is in a big disadvantage

staff spb is far from overperforming lol

even in MAT finals, it dies rather fast when plus'ed.

side noder doesn't exist in a meta where every class runs hit and run range spam super speed teleport stealth, staff spb is the best it can get but still far from overperforming compared to other meta specs because side noder overall are just weak now.

it's so close with condi zerker too.

you say you could kill power spb before staff, simply because power spb was super suboptimal build, they even buffed up 3 GS skills in the march patch.

you should compare it with condi zerker.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Lighter.5631 said:

staff spb is far from overperforming lol

even in MAT finals, it dies rather fast when plus'ed.

side noder doesn't exist in a meta where every class runs hit and run range spam super speed teleport stealth, staff spb is the best it can get but still far from overperforming compared to other meta specs because side noder overall are just weak now.

it's so close with condi zerker too.

you say you could kill power spb before staff, simply because power spb was super suboptimal build, they even buffed up 3 GS skills in the march patch.

you should compare it with condi zerker.

Condizerker is currently ranked under Defensive staffbreaker and Defensive Boonbreaker. And Condizerker is only viable non spellbreaker build in the current meta. 

Meanwhile the number of staffbreakers grows everyday.

I played that StaffSpellbreaker build....    HOW IS THIS FAIR?

Just my 2cts:

Sword 4´s damagecoeff, is just busted beyond belief.  

Staff heals WAYYYY to much, for not investing into healing power.   

The boonrip is just straight up criminal in this meta.

Mobility also thru the roof.

Am i missing something?  this seems just stronger and easier to play than any other build right now.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

@Sahne.6950 but sir the healing is coming from staff and adrenaline health. Staff itself does only heal for around 4k (burst/2 and 3 Skill/5 Skill) its just 1k heal each Skill xd. The boon rip is actually from Spellbraker not the staff. Sword 4 is for some reason still using its PvE stats. (It used to do wayyys less dmg)

Its just the Combination of a defensive spec with a defensive weapon that makes it strong and "easy to Play"

Edited by Myror.7521

Warrior was incredible durable, even before staff.   Staff just added a bit of extra healing ontop.... and thats where we are now.

Its incredibly tanky, while having an absurd ammount of burst potential if you are playing with more than 3 braincells.   While still having kwazy ammounts of mobility... 

And the only counter/downside that people tell me about, being blindspam, can easily be negated by dodging once, then starting your stuncombo, while weaving a single AA into the rotation, just as your resistance runs out, to clear the blind.

Its crazy strong, and i wont accept any other opinon 😅

Everytime i hop on the "warrior meta build of the month" i am always baffled to how strong it really is.

IDC for nerfs... but holy moly.. that thing is stronger than anything ele has to offer... and its not even close.

anyways, dont wanna start any arguing as i quit again^^   See you in 3 months. (maybe)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sahne.6950 well imo i think nearly everything is strong but i agree that warr in itself got the most options of Builds (Well technicaly they are all Defence/Discipline/ X). I mean Defence Spellbraker is this Tanky cause its Played on Defence and Spellbraker (both have defensive mechanics). Sooo yes i agree that staff spellbreaker is too strong right now. How ever i personaly have also no idea (besides maybe nerfing the staffs healing skills when no heal focused Amulet is used)

I don't know how anybody can look at staff 3 and think thats not a problem, before anything else. But that has always been the issue with warrior, so much crammed into so few buttons. Easy and effective, thats always going to oprress overall spec representation. But hey, its warriors turn to shine (again) keep on justifying low effort high reward 😜 

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I don't know how anybody can look at staff 3 and think thats not a problem, before anything else. But that has always been the issue with warrior, so much crammed into so few buttons. Easy and effective, thats always going to oprress overall spec representation. But hey, its warriors turn to shine (again) keep on justifying low effort high reward 😜 

Its not like we haven't been asking for a core F2 to be added in and for some of the traits to be shuffled to F2 rather than all of them keying off of F1...

On 3/26/2024 at 5:42 AM, whooot.5784 said:

Nah, even in critical strike full berserk, imparaings daggers usually hit to 6k5-7k on light target if all hits crits, but no 10k.

8k on medium armor (ranger), not including the damages axes do after the immob + little tell gets you insta-gibbed when you combo both:

gw2 thief axe — Postimages (postimg.cc)

It was 16k dmg in under a second, from stealth lol