We need some new gear stat sets.

There are certain niche builds (or e-specs) that could really use the love from tailored gear stat sets.
Here are my suggestions:

• Echidna - Power + Condi Damage major, Ferocity + Vitality minor.
    A safer variant of Grieving for professions with bountiful accesss to crit chance.
    Possible users: Renegades, Warriors (Burst Precision), Reapers.

• Retributor - Power + Precision major, healing power + ferocity minor.
    A power stat set for dps healers.
    Possible users: Vindicator (he needs a dps healer gear set badly), Healer warriors

• Templar - Power + Vitality major, Healing Power + Concentration minor.
    A safer option for dps supports.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I agree with the general idea of new statsets, but the ones you mentioned are not needed in PVE (no idea maybe in PVP/WVW- wich also is a sort of PVP- so I usually don't play those unless "forced" by achievements/gear I want)

the middle one could be useful (not sure if it would be good enough for a full heal since it's missing boonduration and healing power is just a minor stat), the two other options are meh, here's why:

on the first one you'd kinda want expertise instead of vitality, if you want to play a "mixed" dps with condi and powerdamage. I don't recall a class that has no need for either precision or expertise, therefore with both missing it kinda isn't dps anymore 

the last one is ... I don't even know where to begin it's neither dps because the only offensive stat is Power (you can get this already with harriers, that atleast is better heal than the suggested) nor is it a full healequip because the only stats for this are minor (and even more minor cause it's a 4 stat instead of 3 stat like with harrier), if you want a safe option go with 2 boonheals instead of 1 boondps and 1 boonheal, usually the utility is higher that way aswell- so if the group needs safer option that is always a possibility. If just you need a safer option for yourself and not the group, just don't play boondps yourself or go with another one that has it baked in already (like a condiboondps that uses ritualist). Boondps in general works like: take fulldps gear and replace just the amount of stats for boonduration you need without loosing out on the dpsstats.

Now here are some stats we really need but most likely won't get (because balance I guess, some classes would be too good then):

4 stats:

major: condi / healingpower + minor: concentration/ expertise

major: condi / precision + minor: power/ expertise

major: condi / precision + minor: concentration /expertise

major: condi / expertise + minor: precision / concentration

major: condi / concentration + minor: precision /expertise

major: power /precision + minor: ferocity / concentration

major: power / ferocity + minor: precision / concentration

major: healingpower / concentration + minor: vitality / precision (anything but toughness really)

3. stats:

mayor: healingpower + minor: concentration /vitality

mayor: condi + minor: expertise + precision

mayor: condi + minor: healingpower + concentration (condiharrier basically)

mayor: healingpower + minor: condi + expertise

mayor: healingpower + minor: condi + concentration

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

We need new gear, period.

There needs to be another tier of gear beyond Ascended if this game intends to not stay reliant purely on cycling in new players over and over again.

Nope.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

There needs to be another tier of gear beyond Ascended if this game intends to not stay reliant purely on cycling in new players over and over again.

You realize this game has done just fine without introducing a new tier for over 10 years right? The closest we've come since Ascended was introduced was the addition of legendary armor.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

>Wants to play a vertical progression game.

>Plays Gw2. 

Just play WoW my guy. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Minna.7895 said:

On the first one you'd kinda want expertise instead of vitality, if you want to play a "mixed" dps with condi and powerdamage. I don't recall a class that has no need for either precision or expertise, therefore with both missing it kinda isn't dps anymore

No I don't. That would be massive powercreep.
I want grieving with vitality instead of precision for some strong, but also less glassy builds.

I know what grieving is about - a power dps build with one strong damaging condition on the side.
I also know there are specs who can reach 100% crit chance (or very near) without any precision.
Echidna stat set would cater to these. Some of us want to go hybrid without celestial yet have a bit of a health pool.

37 minutes ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

No I don't. That would be massive powercreep.
I want grieving with vitality instead of precision for some strong, but also less glassy builds.

I know what grieving is about - a power dps build with one strong damaging condition on the side.
I also know there are specs who can reach 100% crit chance (or very near) without any precision.
Echidna stat set would cater to these. Some of us want to go hybrid without celestial yet have a bit of a health pool.

I bet people would not be so against the idea of it, wasn't it for that name. 

Echidna.  With most people associating it with Knuckles. The sonic the hedgehog character. 

Comes of a bit weeb like. Not really fitting for the type of fantasy gw2 is in. 

I keep asking for negative stat-combos. Higher positive improvements in return for weaker other stats:

Blood Berserker
+ Power
+ Ferocity
- Vitality

Frenzy Berserker
+ Power
+ Precision
- Vitality

Lethal Force
+ Precision
+ Ferocity
- Toughness
- Vitality

Pestilence
+ Condition Damage
+ Expertise
- Vitality
- Toughness

Doom (inverted celestial)
+ power
- all other attributes

Lucky Dice
- vitality
- toughness
+ all other attributes

Monolith
+ Vitality
+ Toughness
- Power
- Precision
- Condition Damage
- Expertise

Chanter
+ Concentration
- Expertise

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I bet people would not be so against the idea of it, wasn't it for that name. 

Echidna.  With most people associating it with Knuckles. The sonic the hedgehog character. 

Comes of a bit weeb like. Not really fitting for the type of fantasy gw2 is in. 

It did come from him, but because of the actual meaning of the word - a bigger hedgehog.
Spikes describe  hybrid damage very well (they do piercing damage while can also cause bleeds, be poisoned etc), while being a bigger hedgehog = more vitality.

Edited by StraightPath.3972

On 3/24/2024 at 8:23 AM, firedragon.8953 said:

Did someone say single attribute armor?
No?
I'll take toughness please. Yes, just toughness.
We can call it Pacifist

Oh no I'm so sorry for that extremely minor burn I gave you. Let me throw some more sand on it.

-Scourge

Though it should be two-stat, toughness and vitality.

To demonstrate that life is just better being a pacifist.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Pacifist: Should it be Major Toughness, Vitality, Minor Concentration, Healing.

To keep the stability, protection, regen, aegis up. And if we somehow get hurt, it will be just a scratch.

Damm that is actually to close to Ministrel, so no 😞

Edited by evilcat.6817

On 3/24/2024 at 10:49 AM, Minna.7895 said:

I agree with the general idea of new statsets, but the ones you mentioned are not needed in PVE (no idea maybe in PVP/WVW- wich also is a sort of PVP- so I usually don't play those unless "forced" by achievements/gear I want)

For wvw, any other healing stat sets are pretty worthless as long as minstrel is around for zergs, and celestial is around for roam/small group. 

Minstrel is the ultimate support/defense stat set that should have never been made, celestial should have never been given concentration and expertise with no other adjustments. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 3:06 PM, Omega.6801 said:

Nope.

Can't have sidegrade/horizontal content that requires any actual grind because the player base can't handle it(See: Masteries during HOT).

Can't have cosmetic grinds because this game is Buy to play and the best cosmetics go into gacha boxes and the cash shop.

Can't have gear grinds because they advertised this game as no gear grinds.

Anet has backed themselves into a corner and created a game that has no reason to be played.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Rather than new ones it would probably be better to re-roll some old ones that are not useful (or too useful, looking at you minstrel gear). It's probably a good idea to review stat budgets as well. Stats are all budgeted equally but, not only are they not all equal the value of stats can change based on the presence of other stats.

50 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Can't have sidegrade/horizontal content that requires any actual grind because the player base can't handle it(See: Masteries during HOT).

Can't have cosmetic grinds because this game is Buy to play and the best cosmetics go into gacha boxes and the cash shop.

Can't have gear grinds because they advertised this game as no gear grinds.

Anet has backed themselves into a corner and created a game that has no reason to be played.

you need more imagination. there still auto clickers and actual time games left to copy

The only practical one we’re still missing is a condi equivalent to Diviner’s.

There are so many power sets with Concentration, plus Rune of Fireworks and similar Runes, that makes playing power DPS with Concentration quite easy and diverse. Yet if you want to play condi DPS with Concentration then you’re forced to take Ritualist’s which is a suboptimal stat because of the wasted stat on Vitality major. There are also no Runes that accommodate both Condition Damage and Boon Duration. So:

Oracle’s: major (Condition Damage, Concentration), minor (Precision, Expertise).

This aims to be a direct 1:1 exchange of Power to Concentration from Viper’s. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

The only practical one we’re still missing is a condi equivalent to Diviner’s.

There are so many power sets with Concentration, plus Rune of Fireworks and similar Runes, that makes playing power DPS with Concentration quite easy and diverse. Yet if you want to play condi DPS with Concentration then you’re forced to take Ritualist’s which is a suboptimal stat because of the wasted stat on Vitality major. There are also no Runes that accommodate both Condition Damage and Boon Duration. So:

Oracle’s: major (Condition Damage, Concentration), minor (Precision, Expertise).

This aims to be a direct 1:1 exchange of Power to Concentration from Viper’s. 

Hit the nail on the head.

I've been asking for Condi Damage+Precision major and expertise+concentration minor since i started playing.

Just curious if someone can tell me which if any builds use Grieving as their optimal dps set? I always thought it looks really strong for a power build with built-in condis. But when I tried it on ele which I thought to be a great candidate on it (cause a lot of the power skills have burning on it and it gets free burn duration + runes of baltha) it always turned out worse than pure power or pure condi - though that may be due to lack of skill in power rotations on my end.

Would 5 stat sets add interesting options? 2 major 3 minor with just overall less stats on each to have the same total as other stat sets.

Like major power + condi, minor precision ferocity expertise for the ultimate hybrid dps stats.

Or a more allrounder heal combo that is two steps removed from celestial. Major heal + concentration with minor vitality + toughness + (power or condi).

Edited by Chyro.1462