SAB Size Feedback

Malus.2184

Just now, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Wait, people actually kill them? I just always run straight across without stopping.

I do. Mega bomb takes the red ones out without breaking stride, so yeah it's an easy 5 baubles now the ammo system is in place. WHite ones I usually ignore

Before this year I ignored them and dodged through

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I do. Mega bomb takes the red ones out without breaking stride, so yeah it's an easy 5 baubles now the ammo system is in place. WHite ones I usually ignore

Before this year I ignored them and dodged through

That makes sense, especially with the ammo changes. I tend to end up with the maximum amount of baubles before I even get to that point in my daily SAB runs, so I just have never really messed with killing those on the bridge.

Just now, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

That makes sense, especially with the ammo changes. I tend to end up with the maximum amount of baubles before I even get to that point in my daily SAB runs, so I just have never really messed with killing those on the bridge.

Yeah if you dont need the baubles I understand that. I usually trade up after world 1 for bauble baubles then head to World 2 with a clear wallet

3 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Even with the shortcut it takes me longer than w1z3 in tribulation mode

It takes me 24 minutes to finish world 1 on trib mode including returning to convert baubles into bubbles, and that is slooooow compared to speed runs. Of course trib runs are fast, you optimize your route as much as possible and necessarily practice it until it’s pixel perfect.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Wait, people actually kill them? I just always run straight across without stopping.

😄 Well, in that case, a shortcut would benefit you. 😉 

3 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

Cutting a minute here and a minute there adds up to a lot of accumulative time removed that can then be inserted as time spent on the other worlds

As someone who did a 96-levels Tribulation Mode run for both infusions a couple of years ago, I think I qualify as a SAB hardcore nutball. 😁 And I am telling you: SAB fans do not want to see anything cut from SAB. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

As someone who did a 96-levels Tribulation Mode run for both infusions a couple of years ago, I think I qualify as a SAB hardcore nutball. 😁 And I am telling you: SAB fans do not want to see anything cut from SAB. Sorry.

Also got the infusions and can confirm, no need to cut SAB, it’s short enough as it is.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

There are also still players doing raids. It has nothing to do with people doing something, it has to do with percentages of people engaging with the content. The sentiment, "I did it this way so you have to do it that way as well.," is gatekeeping. There are many ways to gatekeep beyond the obvious one shown in pop culture.

It has all to do with your attempted argumentation about "them being essencially dead", because they clearly are not. You want to easly -and fast- spam every possible/available achievement but at the same time you don't really want to do them. You don't want it to be seen as a "I want more rewards faster" request (but it's still clear that's exactly what it is), so you try falling back on the "weeeelllll, if I don't like those achievements because I can't quickly complete them in one sweep, it means nobody does them!". Well, that's false.

I didn't say "I did it this way so you have to do it that way as well", not sure what you're talking about here, but like with the previous posts, you're dodging what you're quoting and try pivoting into new made up claims. Nothing said here is in any way gatekeeping anything. If you don't have time to play the game, don't play the game. If you have time to do just part of the content any given day, the solution is for you to do just part of the content any given day. Even moreso when you try claiming "it's not about rewards, but just about something to do". If you don't have time, you don't need "something to do", because you're already busy.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It has all to do with your attempted argumentation about "them being essencially dead", because they clearly are not. You want to easly -and fast- spam every possible/available achievement but at the same time you don't really want to do them. You don't want it to be seen as a "I want more rewards faster" request (but it's still clear that's exactly what it is), so you try falling back on the "weeeelllll, if I don't like those achievements because I can't quickly complete them in one sweep, it means nobody does them!". Well, that's false.

I didn't say "I did it this way so you have to do it that way as well", not sure what you're talking about here, but like with the previous posts, you're dodging what you're quoting and try pivoting into new made up claims. Nothing said here is in any way gatekeeping anything. If you don't have time to play the game, don't play the game. If you have time to do just part of the content any given day, the solution is for you to do just part of the content any given day. Even moreso when you try claiming "it's not about rewards, but just about something to do". If you don't have time, you don't need "something to do", because you're already busy.

The other day I didn’t have time to play games because I had to work late. I missed out on a whole daily trib run. I demand ANet remove all of the maps from SAB and just inject the rewards each day whether you log in or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/26/2024 at 8:10 PM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

It takes me 24 minutes to finish world 1 on trib mode including returning to convert baubles into bubbles, and that is slooooow compared to speed runs. Of course trib runs are fast, you optimize your route as much as possible and necessarily practice it until it’s pixel perfect.

It takes me like 15 minutes to do them, but I do have practice. Still either the trib mode should give 4 baubles in world 1 too or the world 2 should have more skips.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

The other day I didn’t have time to play games because I had to work late. I missed out on a whole daily trib run. I demand ANet remove all of the maps from SAB and just inject the rewards each day whether you log in or not.

Who cares about that? Missing the dailies for the course load achievement is the worst part

• Confused 4

23 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Who cares about that? Missing the dailies for the course load achievement is the worst part

Then don't miss them. Dailies don't take long and the maps don't need to be cut into pieces because of them.

(...and you didn't understand the point he's making there btw)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Then don't miss them. Dailies don't take long and the maps don't need to be cut into pieces because of them.

(...and you didn't understand the point he's making there btw)

Where did I claim to cut them for the dailies? Just cuz I do all zones daily doesnt mean I do them only for the dailies.

• Confused 4

On 4/26/2024 at 8:59 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Misrepresenting my position and inventing an argument that you then present in a way that my stance is unreasonable. This is called a strawman fallacy.

If SAB is meant to be done in X average time that it takes to complete World 1+2 then once ANet adds World 3+4 the duration of time you spend on World 1+2 must be similarly reduced. Otherwise, the total time spent on SAB will be longer than intended. Do you understand this simple concept of how the length if time spent on an activity works?

• Confused 6

On 4/26/2024 at 7:53 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Do you understand how the concept of accumulated time works? If activity X is meant to take Y time then when you add Z amount of content you have to remove something from X for the Y to be somewhat equal to before.

This has nothing to do with the fans, this has to do with reality.

• Confused 5

16 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Where did I claim to cut them for the dailies? Just cuz I do all zones daily doesnt mean I do them only for the dailies.

So you jumped into a comment chain and then disregarded completely what that comment chain was about, understood. OP complained that he needs to run all of the zones daily along with achievements and that they take too long. Subsequent comments point out that if he doesn't have time to play the game, it's not the game's fault and he can just play part of the content he has time for any given day. Hence @nosleepdemon.1368's jokingly responding that "he still should be getting rewards despite not having time". Try to keep up if you decide to jump in with the response that apparently doesn't even address previous posts.

1 hour ago, Malus.2184 said:

Misrepresenting my position and inventing an argument that you then present in a way that my stance is unreasonable. This is called a strawman fallacy.

But that's not what I'm doing. You kept complaining that it takes too long and you need to keep running them daily while adding up all the achievemnets to that, even -for some reason- including into that the bauble collector achievements. You also said that it's not about the rewards, but just about something to do. It's what you said, so it's not a strawman -or any other- fallacy.

1 hour ago, Malus.2184 said:

If SAB is meant to be done in X average time that it takes to complete World 1+2 then once ANet adds World 3+4 the duration of time you spend on World 1+2 must be similarly reduced. Otherwise, the total time spent on SAB will be longer than intended. Do you understand this simple concept of how the length if time spent on an activity works?

Nobody said there's any -linear or not- constant function that the new releases will have to follow. You're inventing a rule that isn't there for content that also isn't there (w3,4) in order to buff(rewards), cut or otherwise change the existing content. It's nonsense, you're just making up whatever you want on the spot, in order for a push towards easier/faster rewards while claiming "it's not about rewards". What you're saying in this thread simply doesn't add up.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

Do you understand how the concept of accumulated time works? If activity X is meant to take Y time then when you add Z amount of content you have to remove something from X for the Y to be somewhat equal to before.

Yeah but no. SAB isn’t supposed to take X amount of time. Adding more content doesn’t mean that old content needs to be removed. You’re framing this in the context of everything having to be completed in whatever arbitrary time is convenient for you. That you fail to see this is why you also fail to understand the myriad counter arguments presented in this thread. This is a you problem; you need to adjust your expectation of what SAB is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/19/2024 at 11:15 AM, Malus.2184 said:

So, you look forward to spending 2+ hours doing SAB daily once World 3 and 4 arrive in the future if you want to get all the Baubles that you can?

World 2 is padded for runtime since if it was the length of World 1 then the content would be too short to retain people's attention. This was okay when there only was two Worlds. Now with World 3 looking more and more plausible World 2 has to be cut down in size with each zone released.

I can do World 3 Zone 1 in 15 minutes comfortably. World 2 Zone 2 alone takes 30+ minutes unless I use the shortcut. I'm ignoring the achievements as well as they would simply be too much of a hassle to get. You have to take severe detours to get to anything. Just getting to the Racoon Boss in World 2 Zone 2 is an adventure that takes about the same time it takes to complete World 1 Zone 1. This is untenable if you also want to respect people's time.

People want more SAB and here you are wanting to remove some of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I agree that some sections of the maps are just awful and serve no purpose other than to pad out the time. It takes me about an hour to complete all of W1-3 with the first 4 maps being glitched (that is, finding the glitches in the maps, not using exploits) but I'm sure it'd take 10-15 minutes less if it wasn't for just pointless padding sections like the raft (where I just go AFK  for 3 minutes and make myself coffee)
If I found glitches on W2-2 and W2-3 as well you can easily add another 20 minutes on top of that because of the long detours that are longer than the rest of the level.

Edited by Player.2475
  • Confused 4

21 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

What a lovely concept, should we also apply it to meta train?

I mean, the duration of meta train has been constantly increasing due to devs adding new meta, so wouldn't it be fair to cut content in the ancient meta to keep the total time equals to like a few years ago?

Clearly, with the level of powercreep this day, the mouth of mordremoth fight at the end of dragon stand is so trivial they may as well remove it, right?

You should rather work on that, that's a way more potent time loss since it's like available all year long and it's actually way longer then the whole SAB.

• Like 3

The time thing and new players wanting to catch up is an issue though. In other content a lot of stuff got made easier/faster to obain. For festivals we have them only for 3 weeks each year - and they add more and more stuff.

Should they ever finish a full W3 and W4 we will have more options to obtain bauble bublees (from the daily runs) - making it easier to obtain stuff from the vendors. (To catch up there. If you missed older annuals that will also be stuff you have to buy at the vendor.)

On the other hand - tribulation, if they add that: It will take super long. Just because some people trained it so hard that they can do the mode even in W2 in just a few minutes ... doesn't mean it is easy for new players. I remember when I did the tribulation the first time. Took me like multiple hours even for the easier zones - with a guide. For the first tries. (Now I have my f full sets a can do it also at a reasonable speed - not super fast though.)

That is why I sometimes suggest to lower the amount of trib runs you need. (If you still need at least one then it won't remove the difficulty from the trib-exclusive sets.) Another idea came to my mind: Instead of it needing just 1 run - then letting you buy the skins ... they could adjust the tokens you get. Now ... 16 sets * 3 zones * 2 worlds ... like 96 times a zone in tribulation mode. If we had W3 an W4 we could keep this at the same amount if for example each run gave 2 tokens at the end of the zone. (With newer zones likely to be less lengthy than zones 2/3 in W2 it might feel less annoying. Still not "too easy" or "too fast" compared to players that did it the old way.)

For now I enjoy the extra bauble bubble from W3 test zone (1) daily and fast (and that the skins hopefully are nearing completion ... I hope next year no other new set - just finishing armor from annuals and maybe more retroforged).

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 4

@Luthan.5236

Personally i am not in favor of turning SAB in another easy digestable cookiecutter festival. 3 weeks is actually alot of time(truth be told, I would love a perma SAB );

but i can understand its problematic for people that dont have much free time due to RL obligations.

But Festivals are part of the whole mmo thing. It kinda demands you play/commit when its on and wont take your lack of free time into account.

Good example in wich the player commits Regardless of RL: Halloween festival; people take up payed free days just to have sleepless nights of farming.

However...

Something like SAB; wich is a Unique Creative Anomaly within GW2 should just do its own thing and not conform to opinions like "too long, too short, too hard, too easy".

Such things only undermine the creative progress of giving shape to interesting ideas for the last 2 SAB Worlds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The time thing and new players wanting to catch up is an issue though. In other content a lot of stuff got made easier/faster to obain. For festivals we have them only for 3 weeks each year - and they add more and more stuff.

Should they ever finish a full W3 and W4 we will have more options to obtain bauble bublees (from the daily runs) - making it easier to obtain stuff from the vendors. (To catch up there. If you missed older annuals that will also be stuff you have to buy at the vendor.)

On the other hand - tribulation, if they add that: It will take super long. Just because some people trained it so hard that they can do the mode even in W2 in just a few minutes ... doesn't mean it is easy for new players. I remember when I did the tribulation the first time. Took me like multiple hours even for the easier zones - with a guide. For the first tries. (Now I have my f full sets a can do it also at a reasonable speed - not super fast though.)

That is why I sometimes suggest to lower the amount of trib runs you need. (If you still need at least one then it won't remove the difficulty from the trib-exclusive sets.) Another idea came to my mind: Instead of it needing just 1 run - then letting you buy the skins ... they could adjust the tokens you get. Now ... 16 sets * 3 zones * 2 worlds ... like 96 times a zone in tribulation mode. If we had W3 an W4 we could keep this at the same amount if for example each run gave 2 tokens at the end of the zone. (With newer zones likely to be less lengthy than zones 2/3 in W2 it might feel less annoying. Still not "too easy" or "too fast" compared to players that did it the old way.)

For now I enjoy the extra bauble bubble from W3 test zone (1) daily and fast (and that the skins hopefully are nearing completion ... I hope next year no other new set - just finishing armor from annuals and maybe more retroforged).

You don't need the trib weapons, you want them.  Players do not have to get all all available rewards within a single year.  The stuff that they add to festivals are hardly substantial; a newer player won't really have that much additional work.  Like the trib weapons, you don't need every reward.  If you're not going to realistically use any of it, then there's no point other than to say you have it.  It's just a self-imposed problem created by FOMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1