Chrono: Undo Oct 17th 2023 Nerf to Split Second

The damage needs to be scaled accordingly to be the top damage in the game, due to how glass the spec is and because all of our shatters can be easily dodged and blocked. As all other classes have increasingly gained more and more defensive abilities, armor, and other damage mitigations, chrono has lagged behind in changes that balance the game. I know this because I main a power chrono and I've seen how it has fluctuated over time. Mes should be able to counter war and that's just not always the case anymore.

Edit: Any confused emotes just means you play an OP spec and don't want to see balance in the game or other specs succeed, simple as that.

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
Revised title for accuracy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

Actually it’s more like two abilities, mirror blade and phantasmal berserker (4). The 4 can be dodged super easily and most do, mirror blade just doesn’t do much. That leaves us with shatters, which most can just safely ignore these days because it doesn’t do enough damage. For example, I can full shatter a spellbreaker and it won’t die, will full heal and attack me until I’m dead. This is taking into consideration that I’m using blink, signet of illusions for f4, and two shield blocks.

Let’s face it, both greatsword and shield 5 abilities on mes are worthless. Most classes are immune to GS 5, so it seldom works. Shield 5 has such a slow cast time and it has to generally be a frontal attack that it’s also worthless. You really have to be unlucky or rooted to get hit by shield 5. Even then click a stun break and its back in action.

Also worth mentioning that a mes is usually the focus by the enemy team, rendering it useless and dead within seconds. Virt has it worse right now, been seeing and personally deleting virts on the spot.

Sure chrono bunker might have it good but power chrono needs buffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I picked up Power Chrono recently.
It's so fun to play but kitten it's limited.
No meaningful condi removal easy to focus and lets not forget the absolutely 0 chase potential outside of a single blink 😞 also no swiftness outside of a useless Signed
Meanwhile spellbreaker can engage me survive the entire burst and if anything goes remotely wrong he can always just leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would go as far as to say power chrono is the worst spec in the entire game right now and needs serious buffs. Too many specs have several ways to avoid damage, rendering shatters useless. As mesmer is the most unique and original idea for a class that Anet came up with, it deserves to shine and be an S tier class. I suggest we double the shatter damage to make up for years of neglect so that we can have a few months of being meta. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

16 hours ago, Skary.8956 said:

I picked up Power Chrono recently.
It's so fun to play but kitten it's limited.
No meaningful condi removal easy to focus and lets not forget the absolutely 0 chase potential outside of a single blink 😞 also no swiftness outside of a useless Signed
Meanwhile spellbreaker can engage me survive the entire burst and if anything goes remotely wrong he can always just leave.

Which is why it relies on team fighting in order to win, but people are dumb and don't understand that. If you have a power chrono on your team, they'll want to team fight and win mid. Help them do that and they'll almost always be top dmg unless there's a deadeye in the group. If you let the power chrono go off mid and just defend you can win a match really easily. But yeah...requires team members to peel if focused, because focusing is a problem.

Right now its just not even viable in its current state to even attempt side noding unless the opponents are really bad at the game.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Isn't power chrono still Super strong and people don't play it because support chrono is even stronger? 

nahhh....  They butchered Shatter f1 Damage.   With a reasonable tanky build, you can facetank the whole burst rn.   Its actually sad.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

That is definitely not the case

But can't you still use powerblock and remove stability and my only counterplay to that is stowing 3 times my own heal and hoping that I bait you to use your mantra 3 times while also Hoping to survive 10 more seconds while I need my heal or is this now a mirage only thing

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

But can't you still use powerblock and remove stability and my only counterplay to that is stowing 3 times my own heal and hoping that I bait you to use your mantra 3 times while also Hoping to survive 10 more seconds while I need my heal or is this now a mirage only thing

Or use balanced stance and freecast

• Haha 1

Imagine asking for roaming builds like power chrono or mirage (which also can teamfight decently) to win duels. This community man. Everyone just wants to be op and shine at everything without a single braincell needed. Power Chrono still has good dmg and even more than enough spam. You could more think about adding some more ways to get mobility to it. OR a little bit (not too much) condiremove outside of inspiration. Just very little qol stuff for roaming. If you wanna ego duel than play condi mes or another class. 

Actually everything still needs nerfs in current powercreeped gamestate, some stuff more (for example hammer vindi) some stuff less (like most power mes builds). Dmg, sustain, mobility, every class need nerfs. This will also automatically indirectly buff everything  that get nerfed less in comparision. Asking for buffs in current gamestate is asking for staying (and becoming more and more) broken and braindead. 

Skill ceiling/ cap you fail to find in 98% of all builds these days, even outside of the meta picks.

Edited by melcor.1094
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, melcor.1094 said:

Imagine asking for roaming builds like power chrono or mirage (which also can teamfight decently) to win duels. This community man. Everyone just wants to be op and shine at everything without a single braincell needed. Power Chrono still has good dmg and even more than enough spam. You could more think about adding some more ways to get mobility to it. OR a little bit (not too much) condiremove outside of inspiration. Just very little qol stuff for roaming. If you wanna ego duel than play condi mes or another class. 

You're missing the mark with this comment here, which tells me you're not speaking from experience. With power chrono damage in its current state and the survivability of most specs right now, it can't even threaten someone else side noding unless its another power chrono or a virt. As in, the damage is negligible, and I'm basically putting myself at a huge risk to even attempt a side node if the team isn't/cannot at the moment. This is especially true against most ranger specs, who seem to be able to facetank just about anything I throw at it, and still do great damage to me. The way ranger is designed is like it was made for GW3 to be flashy and cool, and have everything. At this point, I can't even take on a spellbreaker and mesmer is supposed to counter warriors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

You're missing the mark with this comment here, which tells me you're not speaking from experience. With power chrono damage in its current state and the survivability of most specs right now, it can't even threaten someone else side noding unless its another power chrono or a virt. As in, the damage is negligible, and I'm basically putting myself at a huge risk to even attempt a side node if the team isn't/cannot at the moment. This is especially true against most ranger specs, who seem to be able to facetank just about anything I throw at it, and still do great damage to me. The way ranger is designed is like it was made for GW3 to be flashy and cool, and have everything. At this point, I can't even take on a spellbreaker and mesmer is supposed to counter warriors.

power chrono can hurt a scrapper.  1 stun break, 15 - 18k health, no toughness.... so yeah.  However scrapper isn't meta so I'm not sure that's saying much :).   I do prefer having to deal with power chromo's then to mirage and virt these days.  I mean at least as a class you have other very good options.

• Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Power chrono needs to be the damage benchmark going forward [Merged]
2 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

power chrono can hurt a scrapper.  1 stun break, 15 - 18k health, no toughness.... so yeah.  However scrapper isn't meta so I'm not sure that's saying much :).   I do prefer having to deal with power chromo's then to mirage and virt these days.  I mean at least as a class you have other very good options

That's not saying much though, pretty much every class has very good options.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Why Power Chronomancer? It's still capable of doing things 100%.

It's not. Rangers and necromancers straight up facetank it, and I'm not even going to talk about warriors, thieves or catalysts.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Dunno about the experience, never saw you in my plat 3 games... anyway:

Pls read again, maybe you understand my points then. Your comment makes no sense as an answer to my post. In shorter words: Chrono dmg is not the problem, it is the survivablility of the specs you mentioned. So fix the real problems instead making even more stuff broken and braindead so it can competed with the zero braincell clownfiesta.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, melcor.1094 said:

Pls read again, maybe you understand my points then. Your comment makes no sense as an answer to my post. In shorter words: Chrono dmg is not the problem, it is the survivablility of the specs you mentioned. So fix the real problems instead making even more stuff broken and braindead so it can competed with the zero braincell clownfiesta.

Never raise the survivability of chronomancer whatever the circumstances. Chronobunkers and chrono support are a chore enough already as it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, melcor.1094 said:

Actually my post literally said exactly that, maybe you need to go back and read: "With power chrono damage in its current state and the survivability of most specs right now, it can't even threaten someone else side noding unless its another power chrono or a virt." Also, power chrono damage was nerfed, so yes, it could use a damage boost. If you think that they're going to nerf a ton the survivability of a ton of classes just so power chrono can do better in pvp, then I'd say you're most likely going to be wrong.

Lastly, I don't like you, so don't feel like you need to add your two cents. Nobody gives a crap about your plat 3, and you keep saying the community lacks braincells, so you're not winning anything here through your humble bragging. Everyone knows that in order to rank that high you have to manipulate the system and duoq, and you're not going to convince anyone otherwise so don't even try. This doesn't mean you're good at pvp, it just means you're good at manipulating a system that is easy to manipulate. Not everyone wants to do that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7