[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Gemstore Item: Similar to the Harvesting Tools, that have are a permanent use tool stored in inventory something that can be purchased to allows stat changes to armor as long as you already "know" the Rune you are wanting to change the stats too.

This gives someone the option to purchase this ability or to get Legendary Armor through game play for the option.

This will allow players to test various builds affordably. It could work for greens, blues, yellow, gold and ascended.

Not everyone can do the math to know what certain combinations will do but this would allow players to mix and match as often as they wanted or needed.

• Confused 1

There are many amazing Outfit designs

I think these excellent designs should be liked by more people

But,If you use outfit

Then the Transmutation skin will not be displayed

Now people can have up to eight Equipment Templates

All it takes is one simple change(Sorry, maybe it's not easy)

Outfit turns into Transmutation skin

Don't have to take its parts apart

Allowing it to Transmutation at a particular site

I'm sure more people will buy it(At least I am)

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

What a lovely poem. I guess it's meaning is applied by the observer, rather than the author.

Just because I really want to use Outfit, but I also use Equipment Templates

I even wanted to use different Outfit in different Equipment Templates

That's a cool thing to do😏

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

They make outfits for players that doesn’t want to make their own fashion. They can’t split existing outfits into skin pieces. I can understand wanting this, but it will not happen. 

The OP's request wasn't to split them into skins, but to bind them to equipment tabs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

While we're at it, mount skins/dyes, gliders and equipment visibility (trinkets, weapons, gloves, shoulders and headgear) should be bound to specific equipment tab too.

I think that would be hard (though I'd love to)

I think at least the Transmutation and outfit are similar, so it should be relatively easy💗

• Confused 1

• lambo.6172 changed the title to BLC Jade tech jetpack back & glider combo needs some changes.

GET RID OF THE FORCED COLORS ON GEAR.

Today you released the Water Dragon gear set, which actually caught my eye for several reasons:
- no carcinogenic sparkles, (almost) only wondrously crafted armor pieces (almost, 'cuz the headpiece and shoulders are relatively questionable, but still at least thematic)
- every single part seems to be perfectly dyeable
- even the Gem pricing - a 1k discount on the full set, while the separate pieces being (subjectively) well worth the asking price
But since I've already burned myself not once before within your store, the <Caveat Emptor> mode was engaged, and bore its fruit once more, because the entire set has this strange rainbow sheen on top, no matter the dye used.

https://imgur.com/F2GMnKc
I. Shadow Abyss, II. Permafrost, III. Rosewood

Looks more like an Oiled Water Dragon set, doesn't it?
For all intents and purposes, I don't think it's a bad idea to begin with. Perhaps it could be turned into another "overall" dye channel granted by wearing a certain part, or a sort of set effect when wearing the entirety of the set, or even just a toggle option, say, on the chest piece that would turn the effect on and off like it turns on and off the visibility of helmets, shoulders, and gloves.

Still, this made me recall all the gorgeous items you've made over the years which are basically unusable with certain colors because of another Tyrian proprietary phenomenon: "base" colors
That's as far as my research got me: certain items, for whatever reason, have some of their dye channels already "pre-filled", and the player's dye choice doesn't replace the color, but gets mixed with it.
In case the desired color is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum - and the game does actually have the shades - this can be circumvented by some tinkering and getting (as close) to the desired hue (as possible).
But when deeper shades come into play, this is virtually impossible, because the top-most hue cannot get one-up'd by anything else.

The second problem with forced colors is when certain effects have a forced lighter hue than others.
Might be the same principle as the one above, might not, but it certainly makes matching different flames and lightnings and what-have-you a nightmare.

And then there's the third issue with base colors: undyeable parts.
Which are pretty self-explanatory, e. g. the Toxic Armguard. A unique, beautiful model, but the green veins are always green and can't be dyed.

Here's a "Full Shadow Abyss" set made out of these problems.
Gear used:
Sun Aspect Eye, Etherbound Pauldrons, Whisper's Secret Longvest, Toxic Armguard, Luminescent Leggings, Hellfire Greaves, and Stained Glass Wings backpack.
https://imgur.com/7emW5Un

And, as always, you yourself proving that it can be done correctly in your own game.
A real full Shadow Abyss set with properly colored shinies: 
Tempest Gaze, Fused Shoulders, Blossoming Mist Shard Chestguard, Foefire Wraps, Carapace Leggings, Seven Reapers Greaves*, and Nightspeaker Wings.
https://imgur.com/QH21frR

*The Seven Reapers Greaves' emanating energy suffers a bit from the forced lighter hue problem.

If there's something I myself could do to help, let me know.
Haven't been one to just cry and complain for a fair while now. Acta, non verba.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Why is it the Charr starting area is the only area which hasn't a world boss?

May I suggest the following please:

● Add a world boss to charr starting area.

( The Stone Ghost)

● Change the Sylvari WB to the Nightmare Vine Dragon.

(We already have Triple Trouble)

● Change the asura WB into a 4 element monters boss.

(Why just fire?) (Make it more interesting)

I think the other two are just fine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

[World Boss Portal Device], it would be nice if the z-order of the menu when you use this item was "better".  Right now using this device, and other things like it requires more steps than there needs to be:

1. Open Inventory
  2. Use device
  3. Close inventory (because the device menu is behind the inventory menu)
  4. Make selection on device menu

This should (could) only be 3 steps instead of 4, with the menu from the item you're using showing in front of your inventory instead of behind your inventory.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Well Rested bonuses should work in major cities and VIP lounges.

The idea is to encourage the player to take a break using these bonuses, so that they don't strain themselves playing the game; it's why other MMOs do this.

You may want to also consider doing something like increasing the bonus from 25% Open World XP to 100% XP, so that players don't feel like time spent resting is wasted, and even offering a slight magic find boost; And even better yet, detaching it from the Arborstone masteries.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The new jade tech jetpack needs better visual effects. 

It needs to have bigger and brighter jet flames during jumping and gliding animations. It is really hard to see the current effects of the jetpack.  Complete downgrade compared to legion jetpack 

• Confused 1

When doing an instant sell, have the 5% listing fee come out of the proceeds of the sale instead of coming out of your wallet. I'm low on gold and found a high value item that I want to sell on the trading post. But I can't do it because I can't afford the listing fee. For instant sell orders, there's no reason to not have the 5% come out of the proceeds instead and remove this barrier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:17 PM, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

Gemstore Item: Similar to the Harvesting Tools, that have are a permanent use tool stored in inventory something that can be purchased to allows stat changes to armor as long as you already "know" the Rune you are wanting to change the stats too.

This gives someone the option to purchase this ability or to get Legendary Armor through game play for the option.

This will allow players to test various builds affordably. It could work for greens, blues, yellow, gold and ascended.

Not everyone can do the math to know what certain combinations will do but this would allow players to mix and match as often as they wanted or needed.

The inability to test gear as long as you don't have legendary is an issue imho. And I speak here especially about test / evaluate. And this should not be active in any case in normal game. Therefore making stat change different and add a tool for this is IMHO not a good idea.

However, what about the Raid Training cave. If non legendary gear would behave inside like legendary - on demand stat change, reset to to in game stats when you leave the cave.
You can optimize in training cave, test stats, runes, sigils like a full legendary owner ... Find what you like to make then a educated decision for what items you will strive in game. ... 
It is the inability to test and experience on your own (without legendary) that I really dislike (or may be, that's not that big of a deal for a TP Baron 😉 ... but that's not what the majority of the players are.)

Edited by Sevetamryn.2974
  • Thanks 1