[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Allow viewing other players by their account name rather than character name. It would be much better because some people have characters that all have different names, if it were possible to only see their account name, it would make it easier to remember who is who.

• Confused 3

12 hours ago, Watt.6420 said:

Allow viewing other players by their account name rather than character name. It would be much better because some people have characters that all have different names, if it were possible to only see their account name, it would make it easier to remember who is who.

give them nicknames?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:53 PM, Linken.6345 said:

give them nicknames?

1: that would require adding them to my friends list
2: their character name still is what is shown when they message guild and squad chat.

What I'm saying is that I would like an option I can toggle where instead of the character name being displayed before the message, it would display the account name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Friends:

Adding a note or a possibly of writing a note WHERE and WHEN we  added a friend to the list... how are we supposed to remember all this?? After 10 years a of playing.,. or even after a month, how is this suppose to help anyone if we have 300 people on the list and no clue who it is becasue no information to refer to.

Also, if you could add to see which server - including regions (NA/EU..etc) is person from for peeps who changed servers. And if the person is in a guild you belong to as well.

How are we to make the community even stronger if players cannot have some basic info on the friends list?!

Heroic pose:

There is no wind rustling the cape on a character! it looks lame with everything else going on. Preposterous! 😆

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Request for decoupling of unique infusion stats from stacking infusion effects.

Dear Arena Net,

I am writing this post on behalf of the majority of the Guild Wars 2 community to request the removal of the requirement for infusion effects stacks from being unique infusion stats.

As most of us know, Fashion Wars is the end game and infusions 'effects'  are a large part of this, as it promotes further avenues to make unique fashion within the game.

As it is currently, to acquire the maximum effect from 8 infusion effects they all need to be unique stats. This maybe fine for celestial builds, but for everyone else, we have to choose between having more infusions effects or more infusion stats.

Please remove this restriction and implement an infusion effect cap at 8 if that's an issue, as currently the limit for infusion effects stacks are at 8 due to the amount of unique infusion stats within the game.

As it is now, we are sacrificing 100+ stats from infusions if we choose to go for infusions effects.

Having to choose between looking better or being more powerful doesn't feel great.

Regards,

A random dedicated player.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Dear Arena Net,

I am writing this post to request the removal of the requirement for infusion effects stacks from being unique infusion stats.

As most of us know, Fashion Wars is the end game and infusions 'effects'  are a large part of this, as it promotes further avenues to make unique fashion within the game.

As it is currently, to acquire the maximum effect from 8 infusion effects they all need to be unique stats. This maybe fine for celestial builds, but for everyone else, we have to choose between having more infusions effects or more infusion stats.

Please remove this restriction and implement an infusion effect cap at 8 if that's an issue, as currently the limit for infusion effects stacks are at 8 due to the amount of unique infusion stats within the game.

As it is now, we are sacrificing 100+ stats from infusions if we choose to go for infusions effects.

Having to choose between looking better or being more powerful doesn't feel great.

Regards,

• Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

I should have been more specific, since majority of the player base aren't even using cosmetic infusions, due to financial restraints or maybe they aren't at that stage where stats from cosmetic infusions are all that's left to min/max their characters power.

All the people who I associate with in-game are at this stage, which in-turn made me forget that cosmetic infusions are something that only a select few even possess or choose to use.

Rather than playing on the semantics of who is representing who, if this problem is not affecting you, I don't see any contribution to your input.

Edited by Royal Grand Majesty.9852
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

2 hours ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

Dear Arena Net,

I am writing this post on behalf of the majority of the Guild Wars 2 community to request the removal of the requirement for infusion effects stacks from being unique infusion stats.

Regards,

Hi random dedicated player,
I hope this finds you well!  I, personally, hope ANet grants your wish, but makes it so all infusions stack in the same method of intensity that they do when having the same stats so I can stop seeing all these lightbulbs around.
Regards,
A player who's sick of all this glowing nonsense on their screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Hi random dedicated player,
I hope this finds you well!  I, personally, hope ANet grants your wish, but makes it so all infusions stack in the same method of intensity that they do when having the same stats so I can stop seeing all these lightbulbs around.
Regards,
A player who's sick of all this glowing nonsense on their screen.

I understand your dilemma, 

If you don't already know, there's a simple solution to your problem which A-net already implemented in-game. You can turn on 'hide ally effects' in the settings to remove infusions.

I for one use 8 Chaks, 8 Imperial Everblooms, 1 Peerless and 1 Mystic for my 18 Infusion slots, it's not overbearing but very beautiful as was mentioned by many.

If A-net implement no stacking as you suggest then people would just resort to 1 stack of every infusion they can get their hands on, so rather than light bulbs, you'll just get walking fireworks all over the place.

Then there's the matter of sales and if A-net would risk jeopardizing the Infusion market on the trading post and also themselves via 'Whales' who just swipe for gems to gold to acquire said infusions.

Good luck though.

• Confused 7

I'd rather anet stops putting cosmetic infusions in game. All those christmas trees and super novea are really really obnoxious.

On a fashion statement: infusions arent fashion. Its just showing that you got gold, real fashion doesnt rely on the amount of gold one has, but on their ability to make mundane skins into something cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

I'd rather anet stops putting cosmetic infusions in game. All those christmas trees and super novea are really really obnoxious.

On a fashion statement: infusions arent fashion. Its just showing that you got gold, real fashion doesnt rely on the amount of gold one has, but on their ability to make mundane skins into something cool.

Actually infusion effects can compliment fashion quite well within GW2, what your conflating between are the people who use it to flex their wealth to the people who actually use infusion effects to genuinely enhance their fashion game.

To be honest, I personally think 'most' of the people who use the 'too bright' or 'obnoxiously distracting' excuse even though there is an option to completely turn off infusions with the 'Hide Ally Effects' options are actually just 'jealous' more than anything.

Not trying to be that guy, but you're the one who brought up "Its just showing that you got gold". 😏

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

Actually infusion effects can compliment fashion quite well within GW2

Yeah but not at 8 stacks of same shiny infusion 😉 infusion stacked this high will drown out everything else you had going with that particular character.

And your OP is about making visual stacking of same effect easier on your buildcraft.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Yeah but not at 8 stacks of same shiny infusion 😉 infusion stacked this high will drown out everything else you had going with that particular character.

And your OP is about making visual stacking of same effect easier on your buildcraft.....

That's completely subjective. I'm sure 8 stacks of certain infusions look great on certain fashion. 

In regards to build-craft simplicity, I for one have different infusions for each of my characters, stat swapping infusions is very quick and easy.

What I'm talking about is losing stats from infusions from being forced into using all different stats to acquire 8 stacks of infusions intensity.

To be honest, what I'm requesting is something that is very possible for Arena-Net to implement if they ever do an infusion rework or release 'Legendary Infusions' or the sort.

What you're asking for [Removal of Infusion Stacks] is next to impossible as I explained in my previous post: [Read Below]

Then there's the matter of sales and if A-net would risk jeopardizing the Infusion market on the trading post and also themselves via 'Whales' who just swipe for gems to gold to acquire said infusions.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I would like to make the suggestion of implementing the option to interchange the random drops of gifts that come along with the Legendary Starter Kit. 

For instance, adding the option to Miyani means that the player can change their excess Gift of Might into a Gift of Magic or vice versa. 

I can understand that we already get pretty good value with the Starter Kits, but I think it could need just a bit more QoL adjustments, so that everyone has the same chances of a "free" legendary after two Wizard Vault rotations. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

U can already buy waypoints hero points in cashshop world map complete is already half skipped from that. So in other words u want gen 1 to be almost free ?

They are almost free, but some people got lucky and dropped both Might and Magic in the last two rotations, and some did not. I am just here to provide input in that regard for equality reasons. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lambo.7941 said:

They are almost free, but some people got lucky and dropped both Might and Magic in the last two rotations, and some did not. I am just here to provide input in that regard for equality reasons. 

If they are random and u can get both than is fair to ask for a way to trade one to another for sure 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

U can already buy waypoints hero points in cashshop world map complete is already half skipped from that. So in other words u want gen 1 to be almost free ?

Be nice. 😗

9 minutes ago, Lambo.7941 said:

I would like to make the suggestion of implementing the option to interchange the random drops of gifts that come along with the Legendary Starter Kit. 

For instance, adding the option to Miyani means that the player can change their excess Gift of Might into a Gift of Magic or vice versa. 

I can understand that we already get pretty good value with the Starter Kits, but I think it could need just a bit more QoL adjustments, so that everyone has the same chances of a "free" legendary after two Wizard Vault rotations. 

It's indeed a wierd choice to have it random. But I doubt that's gonna change sadly. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

If they are random and u can get both than is fair to ask for a way to trade one to another for sure 👍

You don't get both from the same kit. Each kit gives either a Gift of Magic or a Gift of Might, and then you'd need to make the other one yourself.

I assume the OP is trying to address the situation where some people used the Set 1 Kit to get 1 gift and the Set 2 Kit to get a second one, intending to use both for the same legendary but got the same gift twice instead of two different ones. But unless they're not planning to use the second account bound precursor and weapon-specific gift they'll have to eventually make another Gift of Might and Gift of Magic anyway.

(If Anet did want to change this I suspect they'd just let you choose a gift, rather than giving a random one and then adding extra steps to swap it.)

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You don't get both from the same kit. Each kit gives either a Gift of Magic or a Gift of Might, and then you'd need to make the other one yourself.

I assume the OP is trying to address the situation where some people used the Set 1 Kit to get 1 gift and the Set 2 Kit to get a second one, intending to use both for the same legendary but got the same gift twice instead of two different ones. But unless they're not planning to use the second account bound precursor and weapon-specific gift they'll have to eventually make another Gift of Might and Gift of Magic anyway.

(If Anet did want to change this I suspect they'd just let you choose a gift, rather than giving a random one and then adding extra steps to swap it.)

I Toke both of the legendary kitt each season and i gotten 2 of the same. I dident even know that u could get the other one also. I think is fair to ask for a way to turn it to another one

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to point out!

In my specific case, I already had every Gen 1 Legendary in Set Kit 1; therefore, I just picked one for the gift inside. What I am concerned about now, is, that with the next kit, I will receive my third Gift of Might, which is rather frustrating. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love this suggestion!  Though I tend to agree there is little chance of this changing, especially by patch day.

As someone who also has two Gift of Might's, I am really hoping for that Gift of Magic on Tuesday.  While getting another Gift of Might wouldn't be the end of the world, it does feel annoying that I may need 300+ gold in materials based on a coin toss.

• Like 2