[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

HOw do I search my own post history? I CALLED IT, months ago in a thread talking about the problem of skyscale leechers that just hover in the air and plink away with fireballs and I expounded at great length about how the skyscale has literally made every other mount obsolete and THEY KEEP GIVING IT MORE. And I said it was only a matter of time before someone asked nay demanded that the Skyscale be able to take two people as well.

AND HERE WE ARE!

I just want someone to pick up that kittening phone because I CALLED IT!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

you missed the point lad , its not a buff , its more like a cool feature for friends or people you wanna help , also whats that have to do with the turtle ? most soto maps require a skyscale , and a turtle is so worthless with the lack of movement speed , its very rarely used unless its mandatory for meta openings.

That cool feature is a direct buff. Saying it's not a buff, when it is in fact one of the two things that turtle offers is like saying, let's just take the turtle out of the game. The skyscale is already a swiss army mount. Let's not compound that.

• Like 4

With the change to wizard vault weekly to be the same for everyone and not dependent on what expansions are owned I am having to do the 'complete 15 events' in areas because the easy 'do one meta' is in expansions I don't own.  This is fine but can you please make event markers show up on the map for all events that are up?  Once in a while I see an orange event marker when I look at the map but not very often and I am spending a lot of time just running around looking for events.  Can these markers on the map be shown for every event not just a select few?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Don't want and don't see the need. Turtle is enough for getting to most place, for everything else there's portals and teleport to friend. Also think of the poor skyscale, it gets tired and can not stay airborne for long with just it's rider let alone two.

Will someone please think of the skyscale!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I said in the other two threads lad, I’d be happy for it on the griffon. It would be kind of cool.

It couldn’t happen on the existing mounts though because the rig isn’t designed for two saddles and would end up odd and a mess. It would need a second version of it, then one person could steer and the other throw spears or  fire Jade cannons at targets (would make a great adventure race)

Edited by Randulf.7614

I am wondering if people who made/making legendary WvW armor could be rewarded too by getting achievements and a title. Made all the 18 pieces in wvw and no reward/title at all. Would be nice if Anet can look into this. Now it feels if the WvW leggie armor makers are totally ignored. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Manpag.6421 said:

What I'm hearing is because you feel a mount is useless, and have made a choice to use nothing other than skyscale, you now feel able to speak on behalf of all players. Yes, skyscale is popular and versatile, and sought after as a convenient mount, but there isn't a single thing it does that another mount doesn't do better, apart from its unique ability to fly in place. Griffon beats it for in fly speed and distance, beetle beats it in speed over flat ground, raptor and jackal beat it in speed over certain terrains, skimmer beats it in speed and distance over water, and turtle beats it for siege damage. The one mount that has become almost completely outmoded is springer, but even then, a springer is faster for vertical ascent, it's just harder to control the springer's jump than the skyscale's climb, which is why most people opt for the latter.

By all means, you're entitled to a favourite mount, and to use that 100% of the time if you want, but know that other mounts are not useless even if you believe them to be.

SotO focusing on skyscale in one expansion doesn't suggest that it's "the direction they are going". Giving an already-popular mount with an infamously grindy acquisition method an alternative way to unlock and some new masteries was a no-brainer in terms of player experience and making money, but it wouldn't make narrative or design sense to continue that focus. Expansions would get really boring if every new one just gave you a different skyscale unlock route and some new toys on a Swiss army knife mount. If anything, the next expansion is likely to introduce and/or buff (an)other mount(s), and possibly even introduce more maps like Echovald Wilds that are actually harder to navigate by flying than they are on the ground.

Its not because i feel and speak for other players , its because of what  i see on most meta events lad , we both will have a hard time to actualy putting statistics of mount usage , even now skyscale have a siege damage , even yesterday on neyos gate breaching only one guy used the turtle , rest were on fireballs , aint that telling you something ? anet already intended to make the skyscale everything in the game , once the updrafts and sige damage was intoduced , so might as well go that path and make a fun feature of seat usage and no , other mounts are not usless , im just saying that nobody will start overthinking of so many options and switching everytime , while you got a whole pack combined of siege damage and flying mount , now u can even use leyline which is another turbo jet booster for speed , anet already crowned the skyscale , other mounts are left in the dirt , otherwise you would see other mounts buffs , but there is none for now.

Assuming that other maps will have is not something to put into an argument lad , its just assumptions , we will never know , but at the end of the day they decided to buff the most op mount instead of buffing the others , i dont see the point.

• Confused 7

1 hour ago, Random dude.5089 said:

even yesterday on neyos gate breaching only one guy used the turtle , rest were on fireballs , aint that telling you something ?

Yeah, Expansion surrounding the usage of Skyscale will see more use of the Skyscale than a mount locked behind a different expansion with few grinds, some events, and a strike?

• Like 3

Simplify gear and items aquisition from LW3 and LW4 getting rid of the map currency when buying them. I'll give an example:

Ascended aqua-breather costs 500 winterberry plus 6k unbound magic. every berry gives between 15 and 30 unbound magic, so let's say they give 22. The new price for the ascended aquabreather would be (500*22+6000) unbound magic.

it would still cost "the same" but now you can farm currencies from any map and just convert them to unbound magic and buy what you want from any npc. it would work like the new dungeon currency and could be applied to LW4 with volatile magic

Edited by Raskol.3014
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

How come when I make the thread, they plop into QoL topic,

But you make the thread probably got idea from my thread, and its not being plopped into QoL.

20 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

Yes like in the title , why do we have a turtle thats barely used outside of eod with passenger seat , while there is no flying passenger seat for a skyscale or even griffon , it will be a realy good addition to the game to share with new players  or friends , instead of borowing one thats gonna expire after dismounting.

On 3/15/2024 at 4:06 PM, uberkingkong.8041 said:

So I was reading the turtle mount PSA. Big turtle in peoples view.

Got me thinking about Skyscale. 

So, it all started from an egg, we feed it, it grew and grew even more. Is there any updates for it grow even more? Its been like 5 years, I figure it be bigger than the mount by now.

Maybe a way to feed it and it can be bigger or more lean based on how much you feed it.

I kind of want a thick massive skyscale, maybe second rider option too, and they can throw spears or something. Picture this you and a buddy just flying around zones and throwing spears at mobs, just some fun end game something to do for fun kind of gig.

3/15 is mine, 3/16 is yours. Pretty messed up, they put me into QoL thread, and basically you type same stuff and yours isn't QoL.

You want another passenger seat, thats QoL, why is this thread not moved yet, but when I did it a day earlier it, its merged into QoL?

I made a thread about this, I didn't type into QoL, messed up how it was merged into it but other people not merged into it.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

i think what i typed is clear lol , im not gonna waste my time since you dont bother reading before answering , go read again , unless your stuggling with english then i can reformulate what i typed.

If it were clear then I wouldn't be asking about it. I don't know what that "you don't get skyscale directly" is supposed to mean or be responding to -you do get the skyscale by playing through soto. The masteries for skyscale are included with soto. So either you're formulating what you mean badly or you actually don't exactly understanding what you're attempting to complain about.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If it were clear then I wouldn't be asking about it. I don't know what that "you don't get skyscale directly" is supposed to mean or be responding to -you do get the skyscale by playing through soto. The masteries for skyscale are included with soto. So either you're formulating what you mean badly or you actually don't exactly understanding what you're attempting to complain about.

you get the skyscale for about 4 hours and  thats what not directly means , unless im speaking chinese , and its not the same masteries the 1 min stamina cd helps a lot with that when no updrafts are present , like i said with this whole forum , its about new players or friends that have no idea what a skyscale is or how masteries works , this not a complaint , this is a suggestion , i feel like ur triggered for some reason , anyway the forum was a suggestion , you clearly take suggestions as complaints a bit sceptical.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

you get the skyscale for about 4 hours and  thats what not directly means , unless im speaking chinese , and its not the same masteries the 1 min stamina cd helps a lot with that when no updrafts are present , like i said with this whole forum , its about new players or friends that have no idea what a skyscale is or how masteries works , this not a complaint , this is a suggestion , i feel like ur triggered for some reason , anyway the forum was a suggestion , you clearly take suggestions as complaints a bit sceptical.

Is 4h (regardless of validity, didn't check or time it) in a new mmo expansion supposed to be long? And, again, as far as I remember you do get skyscale directly in soto maps, which were the maps you specifically mentioned the skyscale was needed in. Right?
Bond of vigor isn't a skyscale mastery, it's a general mount mastery from pof and it isn't remotely needed for any of the maps.

I'm just commenting on what you're saying, not sure how that makes me the triggered one here 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Is 4h (regardless of validity, didn't check or time it) in a new mmo expansion supposed to be long? And, again, as far as I remember you do get skyscale directly in soto maps, which were the maps you specifically mentioned the skyscale was needed in. Right?
Bond of vigor isn't a skyscale mastery, it's a general mount mastery from pof and it isn't remotely needed for any of the maps.

I'm just commenting on what you're saying, not sure how that makes me the triggered one here 😉 

I mean telling someone that have a suggestion to make the game more fun a complaint gave me a general idea how u took a small mount suggestion , that had nothing to do with giving so many details and debates , but yes lets not make another argument about the triggering part 😉.

forum was about a small idea , anet proly would ignore this or not , its up to them , its a fun feature , we'll see how the mount systeme will be driven in the future.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

I mean telling someone that have a suggestion to make the game more fun a complaint gave me a general idea how u took a small mount suggestion , that had nothing to do with giving so many details and debates , but yes lets not make another argument about the triggering part 😉.

forum was about a small idea , anet proly would ignore this or not , its up to them , its a fun feature , we'll see how the mount systeme will be driven in the future.

I don't know about that, even your first post of the thread sounds like it starts with a complaint: "why do we have a turtle thats barely used outside of eod with passenger seat , while there is no flying passenger seat for a skyscale or even griffon". Not sure why you're so hurt by that word, maybe we have different definitions of it.

Meanwhile you just completely avoided anything on-topic you just quoted. That whole "throw out some arguments, see what sticks and avoid any discussion after that if it goes against my goal" is a bit too prevalent lately for my taste.
You "gave a small idea", people (including me) commented on it and explained why it's a bad idea, you've tried throwing some -seemingly, to me- random argumentation which didn't exactly land and now it's not about discussion. If forum isn't about discussion, it should have automatically locked threads after the first post. If you only "wanted to throw the idea out" then that's what you already did and now people are discussing it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You "gave a small idea", people (including me) commented on it and explained why it's a bad idea

Oh there have been SO many threads talking about why this is a bad idea, and even why the current state of skyscales is damaging the game as a whole, AND now Anet is making it worse by just piling more and more abilities and features onto skyscales to the point that someday you'll be auto-mounted when you log in and you'll never have to get off your skyscale unless you choose to.

But there's a new breed of player here that actually wants that. They are children who were given a box of matches to play with and now they demand gasoline. And it doesn't matter how much you explain to them that gasoline can soak into things and harm them, and that the fumes are toxic and flammable, and that you really REALLY don't want to play with the matches around the gasoline. They're going to screech at you, tell you YOU'RE the problem, report you to the moderator, make a new thread about the toxicity and bullying on the forums, and then start a new thread talking about what they want in the game....you know, kinda like THIS one.

These players have the same problem I think the dev team has: Absolutely zero foresight. They want, and they want now, and kitten the consequences so long as you're happy now. So add a second seat to the skyscale. Give the second person spears to throw. Let us use weapon and/or utility skills on skyscales. Let skyscales swim underwater. Just let it do ALL THE THINGS! And then when people stop playing because they're tired of Skyscale Wars 2 and the servers go dark, we can all have a rousing round of "I told you so".

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Oh there have been SO many threads talking about why this is a bad idea, and even why the current state of skyscales is damaging the game as a whole, AND now Anet is making it worse by just piling more and more abilities and features onto skyscales to the point that someday you'll be auto-mounted when you log in and you'll never have to get off your skyscale unless you choose to.

But there's a new breed of player here that actually wants that. They are children who were given a box of matches to play with and now they demand gasoline. And it doesn't matter how much you explain to them that gasoline can soak into things and harm them, and that the fumes are toxic and flammable, and that you really REALLY don't want to play with the matches around the gasoline. They're going to screech at you, tell you YOU'RE the problem, report you to the moderator, make a new thread about the toxicity and bullying on the forums, and then start a new thread talking about what they want in the game....you know, kinda like THIS one.

These players have the same problem I think the dev team has: Absolutely zero foresight. They want, and they want now, and kitten the consequences so long as you're happy now. So add a second seat to the skyscale. Give the second person spears to throw. Let us use weapon and/or utility skills on skyscales. Let skyscales swim underwater. Just let it do ALL THE THINGS! And then when people stop playing because they're tired of Skyscale Wars 2 and the servers go dark, we can all have a rousing round of "I told you so".

Expressing opinions is being childish ? look how mad u are jesus relax , anet is more than average company my guy , they gonna take the precautions to avoid this stuff , we give suggestions , they decide if its good for the game or not , like i said its up to them , i dont read forums all day everyday  , i got this idea cause i played wow and had the world of warcraft experience with the "carry a friend" on your dragon , so i tought i'll post it yet people dont know me and someone assumed that i copied , anyway  , going out being mad over this is a serious problem u have my guy , u have to calm down a bit its embarassing , rememeber that people will no matter what post whats in their mind , freedom of speech i might say maybe ? maybe its new for u , but here it is i said it  , good or bad , its up to an experienced studio that knows better than you and i to decide , i dont wanna assume , but you probably have no experience in this domain dont go arround thinking that people will stop playing cause of the skyscale , its your own opinion i respect that , but its all in your head , people already leeching with the fireball being afk on top and you know what anet did ? they made floating turrets for that , you randomy get kitten on meta events so u stay the kitten down and actualy play the game how its supposed to be played so there is that , yeah sure there is way to avoid some shooting , but there is counterplay from our beloved anet.

• Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

they gonna take the precautions to avoid this stuff

In this case the precaution is not implementing this idea into the game, so I do hope they will indeed take that precaution 😉 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

In this case the precaution is not implementing this idea into the game, so I do hope they will indeed take that precaution 😉 

Well like i said its not up to you or me to decide , and no there is other precautions like making only people who have the scale from path of fire who can have this options , so unless u got a full skyscale you wont be able to ride it , there is more options to impliment stuff without them being game breaking.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Random dude.5089 said:

and no there is other precautions like making only people who have the scale from path of fire who can have this options , so unless u got a full skyscale you wont be able to ride it

What does this have to do with what was said in this thread about not wanting to further buff skyscale and stealing other mounts' mechanics (turtle) just to stack them on the one you want them to be on?
That's right, nothing.

New players can get soto, get their skyscale and get skyscale masteries all in one expansion. The solution for new players isn't for you to taxi them around, it's for them to play the game.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Putting aside that I personally don't see the point -- they can't add dye channels to existing back pieces, you think they'll re-do skyscale meshes/skins to be able to accommodate a second seat and enable a second character model to connect with it?

On 3/16/2024 at 11:25 PM, Random dude.5089 said:

i don't see why your so worked up on balancing a pve mount , its not pvp , its not gonna break the game ,...

^^this is the "game breaking" post that was replied to.

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, no "encounter breaking" or "encounter balance" was mentioned anywhere, you simply either didn't care to read through the thread or completely disregarded what people wrote here.

So there was a mention. But who's going to be pedantic about a string of forumposts, right?

1 hour ago, GBEW.5947 said:

I'm sorry but there is absolutely zero content in this game that a passenger seat on a griffon or skyscale would do any damage to, That's the general point and I am 100% correct on this. 
You can confuse or manipulate what I say any way you wish but it will not have any effect on my outlook. 

Is the suggested feature going to break the game in the hard sense, should it be implemented? Probably not in a hard sense, i.e. crashing the game, blocking progress or excluding players from content etc. Would it most likely add to behavior that is frustrating, at least for me and, going by other posts and other threads, other players as well. It probably would. Now for me that behavior comes in two varieties. There's the afk'ing of events on Skyscales shooting a fireball or two for participation while still scaling up (no pun intended) the event. And there's underperforming on Turtles which isn't as big of an issues outside of Gyala Delves to be honest. Again, neither of those are game breaking, events still get done, metas can still progress. They're frustrating, events get done slower than necessary, metas progress slower that necessary.
Adding the suggested feature would most likely compound on the issue, as it would lead to more people being mounted up instead of actually participating in events on the ground. Now the problem could be adressed by other means, no-mount-zones or self-control, i.e. mount ettiquette have been mentioned. But the first would require additional dev resources and is usually met with critique since it goes against intuition and immersion. The second one simply doesn't work, or at least I have lost faith in it working. The more you tell people to get off their turtles when clearing areas in Gyala Delves, the more they stay on the darn things I feel.
I think that is what people mean when they say it would "beak the game".
I think screenclutter can be another argument that can be made against adding more functionality to already prolific mounts as well as the needed resources to basically redesign the whole thing, i.e. the rig, the animations, all existing skins etc.
The argument of mount identity, i.e. a second seat would take something away from the turtle, is a weaker but a legitimate one, especially since the skyscale or the griffon allready are some of the more useful mounts. I think this argument would be even weaker and probably less on an issue if people would want to add a seat to the springer f.e..

• Confused 1