[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Stack everything in the bank

Some items cannot be stacked, for example duplicate exotic weapons. Please make all items stackable in the bank and then unstack them when I withdraw them.

Additionally, what do you think about increasing the maximum stack size per bank slot to 2000?

Edited by StevenL.3761
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Solaerin.8635 said:

Can we please get the option to disable the special projectiles that legendary weapons have? Currently, we have the option to disable the special noise effects, but I would like to disable the custom visual effects from these weapons.

This is something that has meaningful gameplay ramifications in PvP, because skills that normally have unique projectiles (e.g. True Shot) end up having the same projectile as a regular auto attack.

I believe the suggestion about player-muting of the weapons visual effects of other players has been made, one which I heartily second.  Turn them down to basic attacks, or just eliminate them for other players (or have the option for full, muted and off).  That way a player can SEE what's happening around them a lot easier. 

In many instances, especially in crowds with spawns, I can't see the ground to dodge attacks that, if I could see the ground, I could otherwise dodge, because other player effects obscure the attack effects.  This has a detrimental effect on my armor and introduces me to the ground way too often for comfort.

Right now, I have to play with effects turned down or off, and it's still often overwhelming and impossible to see when a dodge-able attack is about to strike.  I have a decent computer and graphics card, but it's not that it's rendering things badly, it's just too crowded by other visual effects.  I'd expect that reducing the visual impacts of other player weapons effects would also vastly improve frame rates in larger boss fights (where the FPS goes to low single digits at times) as it tries to process way too many visual effects at the same time.

Having control over how intense the visual effects of other player's weapons attacks appear on screen would be a HUGE quality of life improvement for everyone.

• Like 1

Placement of Ascended Crafting Materials in the Material Storage
As a person who is very meticulous about organization, something has always bothered me about the layout of the first two rows of materials in the material storage. 
For the first four columns, Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, and Empyreal Fragments are all used primarily in ascended crafting, while Crystalline Ore is specifically for legendary crafting. Players will also find much less Crystalline Ore which can lead to asymmetry. It could be argued, however, that this is because it is organized in alphabetical order (B>C>D>E). This is also less pressing in my opinion than the other issue I have personally.
For all of the ectoplasm refinement materials, the component is to the left of the material that it is most commonly refined to, but in the case of Silk Weaving Thread, Bolts of Damask are to the left, and not the right of their component. I personally think the most logical way to have it arranged would be to swap Bolts of Damask and Xunlai Electrum Ingots, so that Bolts of Damask are to the right of Silk Weaving Thread, and beside Elonian Leather Squares, which they are often combined with. Xunlai Electrum Ingots are also closer to Mithrillium, which they are refined from in this arrangement.

As I understand once you hit a cap, you cannot earn more experience and it's supposed to push you hard to stop wasting your time.

It's sort of a good thing, but in the wrong place. Whether that wasted XP is good or bad is opinionated. If I'm a new player (character) doing my story, I'm living in 2013 and there are no masteries. Sure I'm losing out compared to the optimum, could even argue that once my main gets to an expansion I'm not even self-spoiling, but it's 2013 so I'm not losing anything compared to players back then. As there are characters running around with 300+ "yellow levels" I don't suppose it's critical losing a few. (Just arguments that this doesn't need to be #1 priority for every player / character.)

I landed here getting level 23 and I can't make Specializations toast go away - that's at the top. Maybe this one should, too, albeit it's there due to the level indicator.

The X dismissing them until character switch would suffice.

I just came back from taking a long hiatus on the game. Overall loving the new UI elements and build editor. However one major annoyance I have is that I can't see any of the skills that are tied to class specific skills. What I mean by this, on Engineers, Elementalists, and Necromancers. Any utility skill or class mechanic that would replace my action bar with a new suite of skills is impossible for me to see in the character Weapon Skills pane of the Build Editor. Things that I have personally noticed that are affected by this, are the Necromancer Death Shroud skills, Engineer Kits (Grenade Kit, Bomb Kit, and etc...) and the Elementalists Conjured weapon skills.

It would be really amazing and helpful if I could see all the skills my character has available to them in one place without having to use skills, manage resources, or cooldowns or pull up the data on webpage or on my phone.

Good morning, I bought a set in the gem store that includes a back and glider, but changing the equipment box does not allow me to use a different glider.
Is there any way to be able to use 2 gliders on the same character without having to constantly change it?
I have 3 equipment boxes, (1 for healer, another for pdps and another for cdps) each one has a different style and a different back, but I can't get each one to use a different glider.

HELP

Edited by CentoO.4635

Good morning, I bought a set in the gem store that includes a back and glider, but changing the equipment box does not allow me to use a different glider. Is there any way to be able to use 2 gliders on the same character without having to constantly change it? I have 3 equipment boxes, (1 for healer, another for pdps and another for cdps) each one has a different style and a different back, but I can't get each one to use a different glider. HELP

There is currently no way to do this (although it's been requested a few times). You can only have 1 glider selected at a time (the same goes for outfits, mounts, mini pets etc.) The equipment templates are only for your weapons and armour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

There is currently no way to do this (although it's been requested a few times). You can only have 1 glider selected at a time (the same goes for outfits, mounts, mini pets etc.) The equipment templates are only for your weapons and armour.

Then, why they sell combos in the gem store? can anyone explain it to me please?

August 13
20% Off—Eternal Mandala Backpack and Glider Combo, Spellforged Glider
Backpack Combo, and Shrine Guardian Backpack and Glider Combo

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/lead-the-charge-with-the-infernal-roar-warhorn-skin/

6 minutes ago, CentoO.4635 said:

Then, why they sell combos in the gem store? can anyone explain it to me please?

August 13
20% Off—Eternal Mandala Backpack and Glider Combo, Spellforged Glider
Backpack Combo, and Shrine Guardian Backpack and Glider Combo

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/lead-the-charge-with-the-infernal-roar-warhorn-skin/

Because people might want to use the same 1 backpack and 1 glider together?

It's possible to have a matching backpack and glider, and I know some people will do that, it's just not possible to have 3 different matching sets equipped all at the same time.

(BTW in case it's unclear I'm not defending the system or saying I like that it works this way or anything like that. I'm just explaining that this is how it works.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Because people might want to use the same 1 backpack and 1 glider together?

It's possible to have a matching backpack and glider, and I know some people will do that, it's just not possible to have 3 different matching sets equipped all at the same time.

(BTW in case it's unclear I'm not defending the system or saying I like that it works this way or anything like that. I'm just explaining that this is how it works.)

But why anet don't fix this problem or stop to sell that combos? i bought some of them and i can't use it.

• Confused 3

Actually, it seems like there's a bit of confusion. A glider and a backpiece are two different things. Both can be changed. Your backpiece uses a traditional wardrobe skin, so you'll have to use a transmutation charge every time you change it unless you have an item to change the backpiece directly. Your glider appearance can also be changed from your Hero Panel, in its own tab called Gliders. If you use both a backpiece and a glider in the same set, you can make it appear as if you are always wearing the glider even when resting. While gliding, you will be using the glider appearance. When resting, your backpiece looks like your glider folded in, or like resting wings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Embered.5089 said:

Actually, it seems like there's a bit of confusion. A glider and a backpiece are two different things. Both can be changed. Your backpiece uses a traditional wardrobe skin, so you'll have to use a transmutation charge every time you change it unless you have an item to change the backpiece directly. Your glider appearance can also be changed from your Hero Panel, in its own tab called Gliders. If you use both a backpiece and a glider in the same set, you can make it appear as if you are always wearing the glider even when resting. While gliding, you will be using the glider appearance. When resting, your backpiece looks like your glider folded in, or like resting wings.

The way I'm reading it the OP has 3 different backpacks in different equipment templates, and wants to set it up so each one uses a different (matching) glider. So for example template 1 is beserker stats, with a shrine guardian backpack and template 2 is soldier's stats with a spellforged backpack. They want the glider to change as well when they swap templates, but that's not possible because the templates are only for equipment and don't affect any of the other tabs in the hero panel so there's no way to select a glider to go with each one.

• Like 2

Just now, Danikat.8537 said:

The way I'm reading it the OP has 3 different backpacks in different equipment templates, and wants to set it up so each one uses a different (matching) glider. So for example template 1 is beserker stats, with a shrine guardian backpack and template 2 is soldier's stats with a spellforged backpack. They want the glider to change as well when they swap templates, but that's not possible because the templates are only for equipment and don't affect any of the other tabs in the hero panel so there's no way to select a glider to go with each one.

This is true. There is no way to do this. If they really want to, they can change their glider appearance manually every time that they change their equipment build. It's only a few more clicks and takes only a few seconds.

4 minutes ago, Embered.5089 said:

https://ibb.co/GRZZTLn
https://ibb.co/gm6r8PG
https://ibb.co/B6Nn3DB

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Why anet don't fix that bug?
I can't believe why they don't have this in mind, this game is fashion wars.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, CentoO.4635 said:

It is not a bug but working as intended, if you want the same glider and back combo then use the same backpack on each equipment loadout.

Then if you want to switch you switch them all to the new glider/backpack combo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CentoO.4635 said:

It's not a bug.

Gliders were introduced way after back pieces and have a separate menu. While it might be on a long list of things to do, I've almost never seen a complaint about this on the forums or reddit since those combos have been available. This is not as wide a spread problem as you seem to think it is.  Keep in mind for most of the life of this game we didn't have equipment templates at all and everything had to be changed manually.

They sell combos for those who want a back and glider to match.  As an example, you can have wings that not only are visible at all times, but can "fly" as well....it's a cosmetic preference.  You could change each back item to match the same glider, but there is not a way to have a separate glider with each.  Yes, it was created before templates, and unlikely it will change.  However, submit it as a quality of life suggestion in the respective forum section.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

They sell combos for those who want a back and glider to match.  As an example, you can have wings that not only are visible at all times, but can "fly" as well....it's a cosmetic preference.  You could change each back item to match the same glider, but there is not a way to have a separate glider with each.  Yes, it was created before templates, and unlikely it will change.  However, submit it as a quality of life suggestion in the respective forum section.

Kinda sad that you dident get a spirit fox backpack with 1-3 foxes clinging to your back to be honest.

• Like 1