[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

22 hours ago, Jalad Lantana.3027 said:

deserted old group instance game mode (Dungeon; Honor of Wave.)   Getting groups frequently enough to earn a full set is unrealistic these days now that Fractals, Raids, and Strikes are the preferred group instance game modes.

Which leads me to my next request... even though the Eternal Alchemy is telling me that chances are 0000000.000000.000001 probability of it happening.

Why not, ANet, gather all those other modes and remake them all into Dungeons?

I know, variety... right!?

I also know that my own opinions and preferences count for absolutely nothing at all, but I'm still going to express them anyways; just in case you do have some interest, even in the slightest. 

🔶 Fractals

... are just very strange to me man.

It seems to me like all the maps that didn't make it into the main game were thrown in there, just for variety sake.

I rarely do them at all, just cause I simply don't like them.

When I do do, do em, people seem like a bunch of headless chickens rushing around miles ahead for some strange reason.

Man, I'm like a French'oui romanteur a'la meson with a lady.

I like to savour the moment as much as I can, like a good meal and a fine wine, in the company of a nice madam.

Fractals are the complete oposite of this.

I wanna savour Guild Wars 2 as much as I can in each moment.

Rushing around is for foo's.

Never done

🔶 Raids

because no one is ever doing them.

Imagine being a lone ranger cowboy who just arrived at a ghost town in the middle of the USA desert or something.

Then you see a ball of rolled up weed blow away with the wind, and a crow that just landed on the abandoned saloon roof.

No french romance here pal.

Turn around and walk away.

Never done

🔶 strike missions

because from what I see, they have too many reqs and demand people to have certain gear, builds, etc... so like the born ultimatum, terminator T 3000 X GT, Ultra Instinct Super Mega Sayian of the Galaxy is allowed in.

So you see ANet.

This is the current situation of these modes...

Aren't we supposed to be trying to unify players?

Not divide them?

... and don't get me started in WvW.

But I'll leave that to another day.

Please ANet bring QoL to these modes that need TLC and to be reviewed and perhaps of you consider a slight change on them into Dungeons?

Thank you so much.

Added:

Continuation of my previous Sigil post...

Can we have a sigil that gains a boon when interrupting a foe, version of the superior rune of absortion, but works on any foe regardless?

You could use that one that has a 75% change on killing a foe, and make it 100% gain a boon on interrupt or critical hit.

Off topic:

The dude that keeps posting confused faces on every single post.

Isn't there anything else better you could be doing with your time, other than whining everybody else up with your miserable influence?

I mean, not to sound to harsh or anything, but it shows how empty and meaningless your life is.

Contribute with ideas in the very least... instead of.

We all Apreciate it.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Who said to stay away from the maps? You can go to the maps and still earn the currencies there. What I'm proposing is that the "Curious Stones From Afar" tab for some vendors also be filled with LS3 (or another currency) for trading. It's already been done for LS4 maps, so I do not see any reason why it cannot be done for LS3 maps. Making the LS4 currencies tradeable with Eternal Ice Shards did not stop people from playing LS4 maps.

I didn't say stay away from maps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Want S4 materials? Stay away from those maps and exchange a far to abundant near useless resource, besides exchanging it.

Let's do the same for season 3 maps.

Is that what you are proposing?

Who said to stay away from the maps? You can go to the maps and still earn the currencies there. What I'm proposing is that the "Curious Stones From Afar" tab for some vendors also be filled with LS3 (or another currency) for trading. It's already been done for LS4 maps, so I do not see any reason why it cannot be done for LS3 maps. Making the LS4 currencies tradeable with Eternal Ice Shards did not stop people from playing LS4 maps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Melech.4308 said:

Of course it reduced the reason for players to play season 4 maps.

The fact that season 4 maps see more play is the age and reward difference as well as lucrative metas (Dragonfall).

I've been gathering Ice Shards for a long time now and convert them regularly into season 4 materials for volatile magic. Have not stepped a single time into a season 4 map for materials since. I see a ton of other players do the same. 

It is a great convenience absolutely to the detriment of those maps.

Season 3 maps, which are significantly older than season 4 maps and have far worse meta rewards, see even less play. 

Your entire suggestion boils down to: I want an alternative way to get season 3 materials besides playing those maps. That is literally what you are asking for.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Of course it reduced the reason for players to play season 4 maps.

The fact that season 4 maps see more play is the age and reward difference as well as lucrative metas (Dragonfall).

I've been gathering Ice Shards for a long time now and convert them regularly into season 4 materials for volatile magic. Have not stepped a single time into a season 4 map for materials since. I see a ton of other players do the same. 

It is a great convenience absolutely to the detriment of those maps.

Season 3 maps, which are significantly older than season 4 maps and have far worse meta rewards, see even less play. 

Your entire suggestion boils down to: I want an alternative way to get season 3 materials besides playing those maps. That is literally what you are asking for.

Yes, that's right. My suggestion is to fill the "Curious Stones From Afar" tab for some vendors also be filled with LS3 (or another currency) for trading. Whether or not it affects map gameplay or population is beside the matter. I don't think it will (LS3) and I certainly think it does not (LS4). As an example, I just saw an LFG in Istan for Palawadan. Palawadan! That meta has been heavily nerfed, yet there it was with more than enough people DESPITE being able to get the map currency by trading EIS and Karma. Another example is Jahai Bluffs. Meta trains go to DBS as one of their stops and always succeed to pull in more than enough people to complete the meta DESPITE, again, being able to get the map currency by trading EIS and Karma.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Melech.4308 said:

Yes, that's right. My suggestion is to fill the "Curious Stones From Afar" tab for some vendors also be filled with LS3 (or another currency) for trading. Whether or not it affects map gameplay or population is beside the matter.

Why? Because you say so?

Put yourself in the developers position. You are interested and in charge of keeping maps popular, especially for maps which are critical for certain achievements.

Or you are a player who needs some completion on season 3 maps from content which is challenging solo.

Your demand/interest is directly contrary to the above positions.

I don't think it will (LS3) and I certainly think it does not (LS4). As an example, I just saw an LFG in Istan for Palawadan. Palawadan!

You do kow that Palawadan was nerfed to be run multiple times per day? The actual meta remains very rewarding, 1nce per day, and has seen continous completion every day even since the nerf.

That meta has been heavily nerfed, yet there it was with more than enough people DESPITE being able to get the map currency by trading EIS and Karma. Another example is Jahai Bluffs. Meta trains go to DBS as one of their stops and always succeed to pull in more than enough people to complete the meta DESPITE, again, being able to get the map currency by trading EIS and Karma.

Again, your assumption that Palawadan was heavily nerfed overall is incorrect. Given the amount of players in this game, it still sees daily completion nearly every time it is up, just nor from the same players over and over.

Also yes, season 4 has more rewarding metas than season 3 which benefits olayers returning, I said so already.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Why? Because you say so?

It's not "because I say so", but it's a suggestion that I gave for quality of life. This is very apparent given that the forum moderator merged this topic to the QoL topic. 

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Put yourself in the developers position. You are interested and in charge of keeping maps popular, especially for maps which are critical for certain achievements.

Or you are a player who needs some completion on season 3 maps from content which is challenging solo.

Your demand/interest is directly contrary to the above positions.

The devs definitely addressed this. It's called the "Seasons of the Dragons" achievement, which not only covers LS3 maps but everything from LS2 all the way up to Icebrood Saga. Another example is Aurora.

This sounds like a non-sequitur. Can you demonstrate how being able to buy LS3 currencies with EIS and Karma is going to directly result in LS3 maps becoming ghost towns? Or that it is going to be a direct hindrance to players who want particular achievements? I have done Aurora already years ago and I know that most achievements that require Aurora are either not going to be affected by buying LS3 currencies with EIS and Karma, or that they are going to benefit from that (Gift of Bloodstone Magic and Gift of Dragon Magic). The same thing with Seasons of the Dragons - the achievements are not affected at all by being able to buy LS3 currencies with EIS and Karma because the achievements do not need the currencies.

5 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You do kow that Palawadan was nerfed to be run multiple times per day? The actual meta remains very rewarding, 1nce per day, and has seen continous completion every day even since the nerf.

Yes, you've made my point for me. My point for bringing up Palawadan is for comparison; it is to show that being able to buy LS currencies with EIS and Karma does not mean that player population of the LS maps will drop to such drastic levels that it will become a ghost town and as such I gave Palawadan and DBS as examples.

• Confused 1

An "Ally Golem"  in the Raid Testing Area/Fractal Testing Area that we can test alacrity/buffs & heals on. (With some sort of design so we can test healing, like taking damage, or measuring healing taken, etc.  Buffs work similar if "Ally Golem" was a ally player, we can see the icon, etc)

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

I was playing Black Desert with a game controller and boy, it's awesome! So immersive!
When full game controller support is coming to GW2?

PS: I know that you can use the Steam controller emulation but it's not nice, it's not the same thing, okay?

Edited by jojorne.2175

51 minutes ago, jojorne.2175 said:

I was playing Black Desert with a game controller and boy, it's awesome! So immersive!
When full game controller support is coming to GW2?

PS: I know that you can use the Steam controller emulation but it's not nice, it's not the same thing, okay?

Well the on developer that had it as a passion project ( read worked on it on their free time) to add controller support was fired and we dont know if anyone picked up the torch.

Edit

source

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well the on developer that had it as a passion project ( read worked on it on their free time) to add controller support was fired and we dont know if anyone picked up the torch.

Edit

source

He wasn't fired, he voluntarily left.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/rzqrq4/why_cant_anet_add_an_official_mount_wheel_option/hs0woyg/

The current build and equipment template systems discourages players from utilizing their templates outside of their comfort zone, as a tab dedicated to WvW or PvP isn't a tab they can use in PvE. Each individual tab should contain a PvE, WvW, and PvP set that automatically changes per game mode. This would promote players dabbling in the different game modes. It would also free up equipment slots for those who do already explore multiple game modes.

7 minutes ago, Silverpoopoo.1476 said:

Request:

Please allow us to display all 3 in-game clocks at once on our mini-map.

I want to be able to see all the times at once while not having to switch in the menu with needless clicks.

Thanks.

What 3 clocks it only 2 right? your time and server time.

I have server time in chat window and my time in mini map.

No idea why you would both at the same place.

Create a new Strike/Raid set. 

There will be a scalped down version and super cool looking high elite one. 

Some pieces (chest-leg) on the scaled down version  will be more attractive by having less ornaments or  ribbon with "Miss Oclahoma" on it. 

People will need 3 months to farm to scaled down version (4x green gems-resources per run ), while CM will award x4  red gem for  the CM Strike set (it will take 1,5 months) +1x green per run.

(they will need to do the scaled down version extra daily  for extra green gems or continue to play  the CM for a total of  3 months  ) 

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Create a new Strike/Raid set. 

There will be a scalped down version and super cool looking high elite one. 

Some pieces (chest-leg) on the scaled down version  will be more attractive by having less ornaments or  ribbon with "Miss Oclahoma" on it. 

People will need 3 months to farm to scaled down version (4x green gems-resources per run ), while CM will award x4  red gem for  the CM Strike set (it will take 1,5 months) +1x green per run.

(they will need to do the scaled down version for 1 month for the green gems or continue to play  the CM mode for bit longer for max 3 months  ) 

Pretty sure we will get a set of armor skins like we got with icebrood saga strikes.

So..,. while doing the Return achievement, I stumble into a landscape in Thunderhead Peak where I lost all control of my movements, found myself drop onto the slots speeding down it, managed to get couple of magic thingy,  as I realize what is happening, I like it, it is very interesting, I think if you can make it into a race course, let players have some kind  of control ,. please see map  of said location.

https://ibb.co/bvF9zPK

and finally, please add hoverboard /snowboard. 😄 for this. we could brave the wave in the future in EoD too. 

Thank You Very Much.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I know I'm not the only one that rarely go home to their home instances, when I first started playing the homes seemed very big and empty. Even though there are things in the home they aren't things I picked so it felt cool and empty. The Grove Home is very annoying to walk up the stairs since the cam bugs at times. The Nord home looks empty, it's easy to get to nods. The Human Home doesn't feel like a 'home' more like a town and you're walking around to shops to get nods. The good part is the human home feels alive, but it doesn't feel like a home either. The asura home doesn't feel like a lab or a home. It just feels like a huge area outside of the asura city. The char home is hard to find your way around to the Point of Interests, the nods placement is ok, but it feels like a war camp than a home. I'm sure the settings of the homes is what GW2 was going for, but the mood of empty and cold I'm sure they were not going for.

My suggestion is that when players start out that's the basic home instance. Only after they reach level 80 can players start a set of achievements for home instances, pay 50g, and fight to claim a new home of their choice. Why do I suggest this? Because it'd give players a home they get to pick and it could train players how to Claim guildhalls. I've heard a lot of players say that they wanted to start a guild but are intimidated at how they could get a guild hall. I didn't even know how to get one until last year and I've been playing for a few years. And the only reason I know is because I managed to jump into a into a newer guild and got to be there to claim the guild hall. I love how guild wars 2 has it where players have to fight to claim their home guild! It gives you pride in the guild hall. I want that fight for my own home. The home instances can be a sole fight the player has to take on.

The new home instance can have furniture places in it. The furniture could be bought from the gem store or craft them using Scribe prof. A lot of players never use Scribe because a guild doesn't need that many and it's not useful for else for most solo players. I've heard players ask "What's scribe for? Is it worth doing?" and without missing a beat another player will say something like "Nah, it's only good for guilds.", "It's a guild prof only. ", "There's no point until you're in a guild. And even then you might not be needed for scribe." Making Scribe more useful might help guilds form and could give guilds trained scribes from the gate. Plus some furniture from lower level (fine, master, rare, and exotic) could be should on the market for players to sell or buy from each other.  You could given add missions in or achievements where players have to craft furniture for NPCs, Ex: Char, who's bickering with his char friend about something silly, might ask you to craft him a nice hardwood chair. - player dose- and player can watch as the char picks a fight with his bubby and breaks the chair over the other char's head (The char is fine, dizzy, but fine.). This would be funny, and give the player something to do. And Ex: Is the player has to craft a tea set to calm down a royal brat then you can move the mission into finding out why she's really upset. Maybe the kid has good reason to be moody? Maybe you could craft a bedroll using scribe; the bedroll could act like a lone time waypoint and has to be placed near a campfire or NPC camp. Maybe players could craft some chair novelties.

Furniture bought from the gem store can have effects on players and the nods in the players home. Maybe event events can have recipe drop for crafting or to buy them during events. Ex: A Mad King Clock might speed up the nods refreshed by 30mins or more, A Mad King Table makes food nobs drop more, etc. Players love the holiday events and I'm sure players would like to theme their homes for the time. And if you still wanted the first Homes to be useful you could put a cap on what nods can be put at the players home. Or put a port to the new homes for players at the main cities if you want players to gather there.

But these are just some suggestions. 

Edited by KamTheZero.7314
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

BANK TAB(S) FILTER

I would love to see the bank tab slots each get a gear icon/filter.  With this system you could move various items from your bags to be automatically placed and sorted in a tab of your choosing.

Bank Tab Filters could included:

1. Food/Utility
  2. Non-Material Storage Crafting items  (Gift of battle)
  3. Weapons + skins
  4. Armor + skins
  5. Achievement related items (books)
  6. Map specific items (FTT Deployment kits)
  7. Festival specific items
  8. WvW specific items (blueprints)
  9. Infusions and other enhancements
  • Confused 1