[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I wouldn't mind a similar change for updrafts as well. It's not a huge deal, but it is a pain doing turrets in Amnytas and continually getting updrafted while trying to dash through the turrets and then going back down to collect the orbs.
Just putting a toggle ability button on the bar might be easy enough, I genuinely don't know.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

switch control loss on/off

Reading what I wrote again, I clearly see now what I don't like on these masteries as they are currently:

Mastering them let you loose control over your mount, you had before. A mastery should only add something and not taking something essential away.

• Like 6

Hi,

I contacted the support (request 8861765), they replied that with such ideas it would be better to go to the forum. And here I am...

My suggestion is to add the possibility to use outfits for each template separately for more customization (or not use on some templates). Along with the ability to paint them separately for each template.
It would also be great if you could add the possibility to use mounts and gliders and their coloring also separately, depending on the template used.
In this case, the usage of outfits, mounts and gliders with the ability to customize everything separately will make it more harmonious for each template. Greater demand on BLTC > means more profit for developers.

I am sure that many players have more than just one favorite, for example, raptor skin, and the ability to use several and, most importantly, in different colors to match the color or style of their armor and weapons will not be superfluous (like Back item).
But it turns out that when setting up one armor template and specific colors, a mount in a completely different color palette, since there can be up to 8 templates, but there is only one specific mount slot and its coloring.
The random option is not for everybody, I’m not talking about that now.

Also would be great to add the possibility of using outfits (more than just one outfit at once) on some templates while using the original armor on others.

It would also be cool to add the feature to be able to show/hide helm, shoulders, gloves, back item and legendary accessories independently for each template.
Since the release of templates was several years ago, it would be good to update this part too. Now when the check mark is unpressed, it hides items from all templates.

RECAP for every template:
1. Separate slots for outfit, mount, glider
2. Separate dye for outfits, mounts, gliders
3. Separate check mark to show/hide helm, shoulders, gloves, back item and legendary accessories

While I was writing this message, another thought came to mind - why not also add painting for pets and summoners.
These hefty Mechanist's green golems, frankly, are already driving me crazy, since they are often larger and wider than the characters around. It would be possible to do, if not painting, then green - support, red power DPS, orange/purple, for example, condi DPS.
Scaling to suit the size of the character, it seems to me, is also a discussed issue...

Dear moderator, I haven’t created topics on the forums for ~10 years, please move to the right section and if necessary, pin them, and create a poll. Thanks for the help.
If a similar topic has already been created, I apologize, honestly, I wasn’t looking.

All the best and good gameplay to everyone!

P.S. We will probably never see painting of weapons. Although it would be great to choose a weapon not by color, but by style, similar to armor pieces 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Change EoD masteries to not be gated behind story steps. Hot and POF didn't have this issue, why did you change that.

No, it doesn't motivate me to do the story, I've been sitting on the shinjea story step for a very long time, I haven't done most of the living world stories, I only forced myself to do the core hot and POF stories purely to max out my masteries (back when you couldn't get spirit shards until you had maxed masteries), and even then it was more the relentless urging of a guildmate. I don't like the story, stop forcing people to do it if people don't like it. 

Though I wanted the turtle (cos I paid for the content), I just can't motivate myself to get it. 

I was already resigned to taking small steps over the next few years to complete the EOD story, but now the Wiz vault is forcing me to do stuff in EoD, and not having the map masteries is a pain. Only having skiff and fishing unlocked to pour exp and MP into makes it worse.

And no, it's not motivating me to do the story. It only deeply annoys me. Especially when much of my limited playtime is now tied up by the dailies and weeklies.

Even if the reward for completing all stories was a full set of leg armour, it'd still be a tossup as to how long I would take to complete it, if at all. I still don't have a single lege and I'm not very bothered about it. (I do have enough gold to barely buy a handful of legs from the tp)

Okay that was very rambly. I just hate being forced to do the story. I really hate it. Please let the mastery tracks be unlocked by entering the respective maps.

Edited by casualkenny.9817
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• Rubi Bayer.8493 changed the title to Suggestions: Add possibility to use outfits/mounts/gliders, dyes, and more for each template separately

The Wizard's Vault (new daily system) could really use a configuration option change.

When you first open the vault, or go to the Settings section, you are given 3 options... PvE, WvW, and PvP.   ---  Essentially, select the game modes you like, and you get tasks based on your selection. Awseome.

However, as seen from the soon to be added via Secrets Of The Obscure expansion 'open world legendary armor', it took ANet 11 YEARS to realize that open world centric players have zero interest in playing Raids or Strike Missions (a.k.a. Raids Lite, same horrible flavor, slightly less infuriating).  While there is certainly a player base that loves Raids/Strikes, they are not all who PvE.

The Wizard's Vault really could use a setting split to give us four options "Open World PvE --  Instanced PvE (Raid/Strike) -- WvW -- PvP"  

This would benefit the Open World centric PvE crowd by not constantly taking 1 or 2 weekly options away in a vein attempt to talk them into playing content they never would choose to play on their own, and would also benefit the Instanced PvE centric crowd by giving them challenges they are likely to enjoy instead of trying to force them into the open world they don't care for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

thanks so much for the crafting interface and adding spots to deposit to materials storage!

Here are a few more items that don't go in materials storage and could be considered to add:

orchalcium filigrees. I forgot what i need them for but I'm stacking them for something

krytan spiderwort blooms, shining jea orchid petals, ascalonian royal irises, and koda's blossom petals

seasonings and bases, like handful of charr spice blend, bottles of sesame-ginger sauce, bowls of canthan vegetable mix, bowls of herbed meat stock, prickly pear pie filling

philosopher's stones and mystic forge stones

stormcaller core

vial of cadmium salts

bottles of rice wine and bottles of vintage wine

dowels

gifts

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

One of the things i would love to see. A gizmo that merges all the Portal scrolls/tomes into 1 gizmo instead of having 8 different items.
Cause you got:

Its a bit too much and who know how many more will come. I don't mind if it becomes a gemstore item but for the love of Tyria, please give me a shelf to stash all of this.

• Like 4

As Ammity.1748 already posted above, I'd really like to have the possibility to save outfits, gliders and mounts with their respective color together with a template, so that they can be switched with one click too. I have so many outfits but wont use them, because I have to swap it manually all the time. For the real fashion endgame, this would be a huge deal. Thank you

Edited by Saretho.7109
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Aetryn.2876 said:

One of the things i would love to see. A gizmo that merges all the Portal scrolls/tomes into 1 gizmo instead of having 8 different items.
Cause you got:

Its a bit too much and who know how many more will come. I don't mind if it becomes a gemstore item but for the love of Tyria, please give me a shelf to stash all of this.

So much this.

Also; please let us use outfit pieces separately. 

This has been requested before many times, but so far no sign this will become a reality.

There are certain outfit pieces that would fit perfectly with armour.

Allows to combine them please.

It would be awesome if you add self style hairkits, and complete makeover kits to wizard's vault. 

Are you making a SotO portal tome?

I'm not if there is one, and if so, it's not clear how to get it.

I would suggest it to be added to a vendor in the tower.

I think that's it for today.

Thanks A-Net.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

So much this.

Also; please let us use outfit pieces separately. 

This has been requested before many times, but so far no sign this will become a reality.

There are certain outfit pieces that would fit perfectly with armour.

Allows to combine them please.

It would be awesome if you add self style hairkits, and complete makeover kits to wizard's vault. 

I think that's it for today.

Thanks A-Net.

The whole reason Anet makes one piece outfits is because they are cheaper to make than individual pieces as a single object doesn't have mesh issues to contend with.... They switched to single piece outfits early on in the game and converted the multi piece outfits to single piece

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Not a "tome", as there is currently only 1 scroll, and normally tomes can contain multiple scrolls.... but there is the scroll

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Tower_Teleportation_Scroll

• Sad 1

Please make us a bookshelf in our home instance.

every book read should be automatically unlocked in the shelf then be it books in our inventory or books which are fix placed in the world or instances or where else.

that way one can read any books again at any time and there could be an achievement for unlocking certain amount of books and such.

ty 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I too am a bit tired of all these teleportation scrolls and while a single scroll would be an improvement for the inventory I feel like it would be a bit annoying for a popup to open from which to find and pick the correct option.

So I'd like to propose a new mastery track with this theme:

1. attune to a central/all waypoints in all capital cities (teleporting to attuned waypoints is free)
  2. ability to attune to any waypoint for a cost making them available to all characters (some money sink that isn't really worth it, but such account upgrades are nice)
  3. ability to turn portal scrolls into permanent attuned waypoints
  4. teleporting to a non-attuned waypoint costs as much as teleporting from the nearest attuned one

The attuned waypoints should get a different color on the map and be accessible as a list with custom order either on the map or as a mastery ability so it can get a shortcut and doesn't clutter the map interface.

(1) and (2) should maybe require map completion on the character doing it.

With (3) you'd lose out on quite a few shared slot sales, but making the game more alt-firendly can only be healthy and the convenience is huge and could be tied to SotO.

I want (4) because personally I'm stingy enough to port to the Lily of the Elon to take the free teleport to the Black Citadel instead of porting directly just to save like 3 silver. And having to watch 2 loading screen kind of sucks, but players will optimize the fun out of your game if you let them 😉 (although this probably isn't even worth it gold/h wise...)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think a general "Looking for Help" tab in the LFG window would be great. With so many different expansions, maps, and modes, any help request posted in the specific map section is rarely seen by other players. Not only that, some things require moving between maps so posting in a map specific tab isn't very helpful. With a general help request section, a player who needs help could, for example, request help with the griffon collection since this requires multiple group events across multiple maps. This would also be great for players who want to help others since they'll now have one location to look at to see if any players need help.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1