[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I would like the ability to favorite finishers within the finishers panel. Certain themes of finishers are better for certain professions, but I limit myself to only one finisher as I cannot utilize a specific theme with the current randomized option. Favoriting finishers would allow for me to select tech finishers on my engineer, ghosts finishers on a revenant, weapon finishers on a warrior, etc.

From what I can tell based on my own speculation, random finishers probably are not a thing because of the concept of limited quantity finishers. Just give people permanent finishers if they have consumable finishers remaining and remove those limited quantity finishers. I would rather have randomized finishers than limited quantity finishers. The concept is only really used during Mad Kings Festival, where it is a nuisance, due to the consumable finishers forcing a switch to the Halloween themed finishers upon consumption.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

2. Display the following Character information in select screen:

• Age and Date of creation.

• Number of hours played.

agreed, just as i have been saying for years. I would add:

• Account-available things that are bound to the character.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It would be extremely helpful to be able to filter out achievements that have been completed. For the completionists out there, watching the todo list shrink is pure gold. I hope it is a quick enough win to get implemented, and I hope there would be enough interest out there to get the devs attention.

3 hours ago, tractorial.6528 said:

It would be extremely helpful to be able to filter out achievements that have been completed. For the completionists out there, watching the todo list shrink is pure gold. I hope it is a quick enough win to get implemented, and I hope there would be enough interest out there to get the devs attention.

I guess I will second that.... seems like a cool idea.

That being said, there are currently 5,691 achievements according to gw2efficiency, so I am not certain how many players are actually shooting for a true completionist goal. Until such a feature ever gets added, you can track your progression via gw2efficiency though. Not in game, but a slightly inconvenient alternative.

13 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

1. A tick box in options to auto rotate characters in Character select screen.

• Number of hours played.

I agree it would be good to get the age and date of creation and hours played per character.

I would also love to see crafting discipline level added to the main character screen.

And the ability to favorite characters or "stick" them in some fashion to a particular place in the line up list.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tractorial.6528 said:

I am not sure if this counts for what you want to see but it works for me.  When I want to focus on things that will give achievement points, I just use the Achievement Point Filter.  Generally, if you can no longer get achievement points you have completed the achievement at least once like Agent of Entropy.

You may also want to change the display from tier completion to total completion.

Or am I completely off on what you are looking for?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I like this one, looks helpful for tracking character birthdays.

19 minutes ago, BlueIce.6951 said:

"stick" them in some fashion to a particular place in the line up list.

Setting a specific order in character select would also be something I'd like.

And as usual: make things like equipment visibility checkboxes, mount skins, gliders and outfits to be saved per equipment tab.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueIce.6951 said:

I am not sure if this counts for what you want to see but it works for me.  When I want to focus on things that will give achievement points, I just use the Achievement Point Filter.  Generally, if you can no longer get achievement points you have completed the achievement at least once like Agent of Entropy.

You may also want to change the display from tier completion to total completion.

Or am I completely off on what you are looking for?

Yeah, that is close but not what I was looking for. There are a few things that don't provide achievement points that are not done and get filtered out. Also, I would prefer the repeatable achievements to show as well. I just want the done achievements to not show.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tractorial.6528 said:

Yeah, that is close but not what I was looking for. There are a few things that don't provide achievement points that are not done and get filtered out. Also, I would prefer the repeatable achievements to show as well. I just want the done achievements to not show.

I hope they can add that filter. I am sure you are not the only one who doesn't want to see the completed list.

Account-wide "Crafting" progression (i.e. level 500 Leatherworking on one character is shared between all characters).

This would also incentivise me to buy all 9 'Crafting Licenses' (if 5 more are made available), so that every character can access all crafting disciplines.

Crafting recipes are already shared account-wide.

Edited by Slushey.8236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'll post it here too,  just in case...
Well, there could be several ideas(some could be repeated ones)....

Cosmetics:

• Cosmetic infusion/aura panel/slot, with account collection system and preview ability. In ideal way - seperate infusions and their cosmetics effects. Otherwise with new/existed trader for creating nontradeable cosmetic infusion with different bonuses (like wvw ones) 
  • Skill cosmetic panel.  It could be a list of class specific skills and options for them or entire cosmetic bundles. Just like changing necro minions models to actual race specific ones. Rise! skill, that summon Shambling horrors but now it spawn bunch of undead asuras? Bone minions that looks like exactly as small human skeletons? Or maybe little spiders? why not? Or just give engineer lil more customization options to select origin of their turrets? Not just boring human rifle turret for everyone, but norn spirit totems or even charr gatling gun? Maybe even with legendary effect, once they be unlocked by crafting specific weapon. Just imagine ability to shot with HMS Divinity's cannonballs with any other rifle/pistol skin...
  • Tools panel. Works in the same way as jade bot pannel, but for tools. It also would be easier to manage new tools once they'll be introduced. Maybe with even purely cosmetic options like random skin use on gathering.

Gameplay options:

• More love for jade bot's modules
    • More slots for modules, with more powerful cores requirments.
    • Jade bot upgrades. Not just upgradeable core, but upgradeable battery (to increase amount of jade bot charges), memory(to use more jade programs like waypoint creation or respawn) and combat microchips (your favorite defensive/offensive effect here). They could be hard limited with pve and wvw versions too...
    • Composite modules. Like recycler and scavenger protocol combo, but with flaws. Their results could be random or less effective. They also require more core power
    • More service chips. From universal seat for mounts (for those taxi-soul or those who want to be really close to their mate, crew or warband) to shoulder/head mounted autoguns/pulse laser (which could work in same manner as current dragonscale fireball). Or how about naval artillery for your own skiff and ship crew?
    • Weave in it too high end jewelcrafting and discovery system. Lets make jewelcrafting great again.
  • Relics overhaul.

Current state of relics system is awful. While i like separation of effects from runes we step in same old problem: 90% of effects will not be used, coz:

• they are not powerful enough(for meta bonkers)
  • their effect trigger too rare and still not powerful for such rare trigger
  • cooldown is too long
  • there are better effects

And i dont even mentioned potentially removed pet spawning effects and fully reworked effects of good old ones (relics of pack, rage, fireworks and etc). And i dont mentioned all nerfed old runes effects from past, when runes where made to give new mechanics to players, not just boost their stats(like old defender or radiance).

So, my idea is relics overhaul - codename "Constellation" system. I also added advanced variant - more complex variant of system's part, which could be harder to make and balance, but gives depth and rich buildcraft possibilities.

Player gain access to "new" artifact (constellation map? compass? Add lore friendly name here). It could use current relic slot or even different panel. Artifact  have sockets and energy pool(by default i use base energy of 6(more or less balanced one) or 9(less balanced one)).

Advanced variant: On background there are "star/skill map" that determine sectors of the artifact to different groups ( ~2 sockets per sector, some sectors are common like evading, combat, healing, control, some are class specific, up to 16-18 sockets, but most of them would be empty, coz artifact still limited by energy pool).

Player insert relics into artifact to get access to their effects. Each relic got their own energy cost. No duplicate relics inside.

Advanced variant: If player insert right relics into artifact close to each other - they could form constellation - synergy between relics, that add more effects.

Advanced variant: if type of relic and artifact sector are same, then relic cost decrease by 1. (minimum cost could be 0-1, but never negative)

Then, all relics (current and new ones) are divided to 3 archetypes:

• Green ones (Minor, cost 1 energy) - "Relics of Stability" - change ability or skill effects. Increase durations, amount of stacks, base effects, passive bonuses. (like relic of dwayna)
  • Yellow ones (Major, cost 2 energy) - "Relics of Altering" -Add new effects and mechanics to existed skills and abilities, like on heal, on elite and on condition trigger effects. Most part of current relics pool go there.
  • Red ones (Exotic, cost 3 energy) - "Relics of Changes" - Overhaul abilities, completly change their mechanics and/or adding new ones. From current pool there go relic of nourys, for example.

And 3 pools:

• universal pool - relics, that will work on any class
  • class pool - relics, that will work with specific class only. Change effects of specific type of class skills mostly
  • weapons pool - relics, that will work with specific weapon only. Change behavior of weapons, depending on character class

All relics efects must be changed for such system too. At the end player gain choice, what exactly he want to get from relics - slightly increase overall effectivness, gain more on ontriger effects, get brand new gameplay changing mechanics or a bit of each. With energy pool of 6 player can get access to 2 overhaul relics or 3 alter relics or 6 stable relics or just one from each category.

Advanced variant: depends on complexity, up to 6+ relics with synergies.

And the last - some new relics just for example.

Engineer:

• Relic of  advanced turrets :: Type: Overhaul(3 energy cost)  - all engineer turrets changes to upgraded variant with new effects, cooldown doubled
    • rifle turret -> gatling gun - higher rate of fire(x5), pierce targets, overcharge - heal allies for 15% caused  damage
    • rocket turret -> mrls - shot 3 rockets at once, cover zone around target , 25% chance to push enemies on hit, overcharge - shot ~25 rockets to bomb area in wide line in front of character. Each subsequent hit deal less damage and launch targets.
    • flame turret -> incinerator - attack range doubled, each attack form sector of fire(non combo field) which apply ~3 stacks of fire on targets each second. overcharge - shot ~5 napalm balls around without precision in the direction of nearby targets (stealthed targets included)
    • net turret -> glue autogun - each attack simillar to pistol's glue shot. overcharge - shot up to 5 targets, pushback and immobilize them
    • thumper turret -> tesla turret. Form chained lighting, range doubled, attack could hit same target up to 4 times if there at least two targets. overcharge - wide chain lightning which up to 5 targets
  • Relic of tank master :: Type: Altering (2 energy cost) - all engineer turrets becomes tanks with tracked treads on the land and submarines in the water and follow engineer. Engineer no longer can detonate tanks, overcharge abilities could be activated manually. 
  • Relic of mech master :: Type: Overhaul(3 energy cost) - all engineer turrets becomes manually controlled prototype mech bots. Engineer no longer can pick up turrets, but any allied player can sit inside and control prototype mech bot by themself. Cooldown trippled. Prototype Mech bot abilities depends on type of turret, inherit some stats from player.HP is 1.5 of engineer HP, armor depends on turret type. Prototype Mech bots gain default 50% damage reduction and defiance bar ~1000 points. Once defiance bar depleted damage reduction effect will be removed and incoming damage will be doubled. Bot HP do not regenerate, but bot could be repaired by using tool kit. 
  • Relic of generous alchemist :: Type: Altering(2 energy cost) - engineer elixirs shared with nearby allies, but with reduced duration/effects. Cooldown increase by 25%

Mesmer:

• Relic of Glamour Master:: Type: Altering(2 energy cost) - all glamour skills grant chaos aura on use. Cooldown increase by 25%
  • Relic of Old Ways: Illusions :: Type: Overhaul(3 energy cost) - phantasms no longer turn into clones/blades, count as iilusion limit and they keep performing their attacks till their death. With each attack phantasm take damage equal 25% of their max HP. Healing to phantasms reduced by 88%. Resummoned phantasms got 50% HP.
  • Relic of Greatsword:Mesmer :: Type: Overhaul(3 energy cost) - Mesmer greatsword is not a ranged weapon anymore, but devastating melee, simillar to reaper ones. Greatsword clones perform close range throwing mirror blade attack, which cause vulnerability on enemy and grant might to allies. Ambush skill is a teleport based Hundred Blades with ability to move during attack.

Ranger:

• Relic of Beastmaster :: Type: Overhaul(3 energy cost) - Ranger control both pets at the same time. Pet specific effects shared between both pets. Pets abilities changes on skill usage. Pet swap cooldown doubled.                                                                            

And so on....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Disclaimer:
I'm aware most of this is currently premised on a niche use case and will discuss third party tools, but I feel there are other use cases for casual players and even for things like streaming where this request could be useful.

Hi,

I'm currently interested in a feature that I feel should be fairly easy to achieve that could provide the GW2 client with greater overall display flexibility. To initially avoid the discussion of third party tools I want to pose this "more casual player" perspective. Suppose you're a casual player with a single monitor (just buy another - I know right?). You want to read a walkthrough for a jumping puzzle or watch a video of how to do an achievement, but you have this archaic setup of a single monitor. So, you Alt+Tab to read the content you need and Alt+Tab back to the game, but your goldfish brain forgets what you just read after taking 5 steps so you Alt+Tab back, re-read the content and Alt+Tab back to the game on repeat - getting distracted along the way because "oooh shiny" too of course. Wouldn't it be nice to have a way to put both the game and the content you want to read/watch on your single screen at the same time? Well, the Anet devs kind of thought of this and said "let there be Window mode". This works, but there's this ugly (and frankly really bad for monitor burn in) bright white title bar for the application when in this mode. It would be a wonderful quality of life addition to allow for "Window" mode to be done boarderless. "But if you don't have a title bar - how do you move the screen?". Fair point, but have we considered hotkeys similar to applications like Discord's ability to move the In-Game Overlay to use as modifiers to move/resize the window? Or just the Windows "snap" (Windows Key + Arrow Key) features (I haven't used other OS's, but I assume they have something similar - otherwise disregard this part)? Regardless, I feel there's at least some use case where this is reasonable to assume there could be added utility to a casual player.

Now on to my more niche use case.

I have multiple accounts and I use Gw2Launcher to run more than one at the same time somedays because "It's dangerous to go alone" or something, right?  There's a wonderful feature in this third party application called Window Manager which lets you create layouts for - you guessed it - windows. This is cool because I can load multiple instances of GW2 and have each instance automatically snap into places you specified as each instance loads. So, with a click of a button you can be in a familiar and useful layout and get to gaming. They even have a feature that does this nifty "Snap to client" thing which kind of fakes getting rid of that ugly title bar by just adjusting the vertical offset of the client so the title bar is "off screen" which gives the illusion of no more "blinded by the light" application title bar which is so nice. There's just one problem. After discussing with the creator of the application - it seems like GW2 does some strange limiting of the window size. Specifically, if I ask the Window Manager to use half of the X of my screen, but all of the Y for the game client I can only fill roughly "<Total Y> - <Title Bar Size>" of my screen. I can't drag the client to resize and make it any taller or use any kind of funky vertical offset magic either to fake having more space to draw in because it appears like the GW2 client is what is actually limiting my overall draw height of the application. This means I always have an odd gap at the bottom of the screen using this method or a gaudy white title bar on screen burning my monitor and my soul to death. Interestingly though, this is only a problem if I try to span the whole Y of the screen. If I stack two clients on top of each other then there's no issue.

A summary of all this with many more pictures and a few other minor details + the discussion with the third party tool developer is located here:
https://github.com/Healix/Gw2Launcher/issues/393

My thought is it might be nice to include either a UI option similar to "Options > Graphics Options > Display > Resolution > Window (Boarderless)" or to allow for a CLI flag to launch the application without the application window title bar.

Anyway. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Sad 1

I admire the way that the previous poster took time and effort to post their ideas. 

However, I must say that it seems like a lot of work for just something that's supposed to just boost you a bit and give slightly different mechanics. 

Some more variety would be good, and I wouldn't mind the summoning ones back.

Relics that summon fiends would be fantastic, but... with the amount of work necessary for all that... your... ideas...

Might aswel just do elite specs.

On a more comical side... you will have the resource ninjas on you in a minute. 

I'm yet to figure out why they care about arena net's resources so much, but hey... 😆 

I'm not a trainee accountant, so... 🤔

---

Onto my request:

More dinosaurs in the game. Especially jungles and asura territories. 

A legendary or champion TRex, Alosaur, Velociraptor, and mossasaur, instead of zombie sharks everywhere, or a moa on steroids.

There are only raptors and compis.

There could also exist abandoned facilities full of dinosaurs, including submerged ones.

You must, definitely, add more dinosaurs into this game.

Brisban Wildlands and Maguma are good candidates for this.

😊 

• Like 2

Endgame is Fashion, would be really nice to see a storage system for different styles independent from the actual equipment (stats). Similar to the Build Storage. 

Edited by Nero.7369
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Agreed.  I was disappointed after I bought them.  Now I don't even use them as a result, and the short boots aren't really useful at all.  I tried to get a refund after playing with them for a while to see if I could make it work for any of my characters but it was too late.  Such a disappointment.

• Confused 2