ty for Gharr Leadclaw . . . [Merged]

Finally something to do with all our essences \o/

And I LOVE that it does something to address all of the residual negative loots from past expansions as well. It may not be much, but it didn't need to be! This is a HUGE qol addition, maybe my favorite thing about soo, and I don't mean that as faint praise : )

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

How is this not a base qol in lions arch, since it take materials from other expansions like eye of kormir ( pof ) and leaf fossils (hot)

Edit

and lets not forget auric dust and ley line spark

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

I don't really have any opinion about that tbh. I'm excited it's in the game, I wouldn't object to it being somewhere else that's available to more ppls who haven't purchased soo, but I'm also fine with them locking it behind soo, since it's just a qol thing . . .

• Like 1

There's a new vendor in wizard's tower who FINALLY lets us use our essences to buy junk, but it has a bunch of other options to trade in other worthless things from past expansions as well, like prismaticite, hatched chilies, auric dust, etc, all the way back to hot things. Also lets you bulk trade your hero's choice chests instead of opening them one by one. It's a godsend . . .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Futa.4375 said:

This should have indeed been a base game qol.

My guess is they put it in the Wizard's Tower either because they want it to be another new thing you get with SotO or because it's specifcally for long-term players who have already gone through (or at least discovered) the intended uses for these currencies and materials and they don't want new players trading them all in for random loot then discovering they have better uses.

• Like 5

omg i didnt know about this. i was shockled whn i click on the merchant. omg best idea ever... very good move anet. to get rid of useles currency that is filling up banks. need adjustments n updates tho

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Oh. And you can trade amalgamated gemstones for Convergence Hero Choice Chest. So you can just directly buy essences. Roughly 60 silver for 100 blue or 40 green or 20 yellow doesn't sound so bad if one doesn't like grinding them. (but I imagine amalgamated gemstone price may go up a bit if many people use this method to rush leggy armor with less grinding)

Edit: nvm I'm dumb. it's the other way around - giving a convergence chest for an amalgamated gemstone. xD

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Confused 1

This NPC requires the Wayfinding mastery from Astral Ward category. 

It would actually be cool if a core leadership mastery gave a new exchange NPC in Lion's Arch (near Hobbs?) and maybe the racial city hubs, with even more new exchanges, with tabs for expansions unlocking after earning any single mastery (or appropriate pre req mastery, like exalted venders in HoT) from the appropriate expac...

And maybe add a few more mastery insights in core Tyria for the new mastery giving the NPC.

• Confused 4

7 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

There's a new vendor in wizard's tower who FINALLY lets us use our essences to buy junk, but it has a bunch of other options to trade in other worthless things from past expansions as well, like prismaticite, hatched chilies, auric dust, etc, all the way back to hot things. Also lets you bulk trade your hero's choice chests instead of opening them one by one. It's a godsend . . .

I was thinking about the Hero’s Choice chests. The SoTO ones give 3 rare unidentified equipments in addition to the loot. I noticed the vendor doesn’t give the rares. So you lose out a little with this trading in bulk method. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gazrul.3086 said:

And the best thing about it is that you can purchase a PORTABLE version of the vendor that you can use anywhere. 

True, but the Wiki states that the daily items offered vary from those that are being offered by the NPC, which I hope is incorrect.

40 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Finally. Peak SoTo right there!

😂 Meanie.

2 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

It's very cool, but also possibly bittersweet.

How so? 🤔

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Someone explain something to me which Im obviously missing. I can exchnage the hero chest meta reward which contains captured lightning or amalgamted gemstones and use it to buy... a captured lightning or amalagamted gemstone. Why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Some ppls hoard those chests instead of opening as they go. This allows them to trade them all in at once instead of opening one by one. Like the rest of the vendor, it's really just a qol thing. But a great qol thing : )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Some ppls hoard those chests instead of opening as they go. This allows them to trade them all in at once instead of opening one by one. Like the rest of the vendor, it's really just a qol thing. But a great qol thing : )

Ah. It never occurred to me not to open immediately on getting them, but I agree it's nice they thought of adding in the option