Did someone request beach wear? [Merged]

5 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am curious as to how this will be packaged and priced. Sold in sets or as individual pieces? I can imagine that part of the reason for not designing these as outfits is to be able to break them up and sell them as individual pieces where getting a complete swimsuit might cost more than an outfit while an individual piece would cost less.

Or maybe because armors allow to mix in more infinite possibilities and are more healthy to real endgame called fashion. I LOVE they make more dyable armors and not those bad outfits.

But you're right, it shouldn't cost too much money compared as if it were a single outfit. Making cost sounds nearly the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I assume that there will be a "beach bundle" with all of the armor parts and the beach chair.  I guess they could sell a few as sets.  Years ago, if there had been an option to buy individual pieces, then I would have picked one bottom and one top and I would have been satisfied.  
At this point I would probably just buy the bundle, if there is one.
I assume that there will also be "beach dyes"  as well.
I do hope that the dye channels in these are well thought out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

You were this close to perfection, but then you inexplicably decided to add a collar to the male version of the chest skin. Why collar? Why couldn't it have been a necklace or something? Or nothing at all. Who would want to wear a leather collar around their neck on a hot beach?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ZEUStiger.3590 said:

You were this close to perfection, but then you inexplicably decided to add a collar to the male version of the chest skin. Why collar? Why couldn't it have been a necklace or something? Or nothing at all. Who would want to wear a leather collar around their neck on a hot beach?

The leather collar (that I see on charr) is one of the separated parts. You can see the other part is the shirt with necklaces. Remember they are armor parts, and you have 2 different part for each one, not an outfit! For example girl has both the shirt, and the underwear only, while male has pants and the underwear only. For top, i see male shirt, and that male weird leather collar, and for girls there's the second bikini with the knot. I suppose the shoes and the hat is one version for all races and sexes

EDIT: I think you wanted just naked torso skin...

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DarkK.7368 said:

The leather collar (that I see on charr) is one of the separated parts. You can see the other part is the shirt with necklaces. Remember they are armor parts, and you have 2 different part for each one, not an outfit! For example girl has both the shirt, and the underwear only, while male has pants and the underwear only. For top, i see male shirt, and that male weird leather collar, and for girls there's the second bikini with the knot. I suppose the shoes and the hat is one version for all races and sexes

I'm aware that they're not outfits. But I want neither the shirt, nor the collar, so I'm not happy with either of the available options.

I wish the necklace/collar was on the "shoulder" equipment slot, so that it could be mixed-and-matched or removed altogether. But I'm 100% certain that this is not what they made here. And I'm sure the bracelet isn't on the "hands" slot either.

EDIT: I think you wanted just naked torso skin...

Bingo.

Edited by ZEUStiger.3590
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ZEUStiger.3590 said:

I'm aware that they're not outfits. But I want neither the shirt, nor the collar, so I'm not happy with either of the available options.

I wish the necklace/collar was on the "shoulder" equipment slot, so that it could be mixed-and-matched or removed altogether. But I'm 100% certain that this is not what they made here. And I'm sure the bracelet isn't on the "hands" slot either.

Collars being on shoulders and make the shirt free would rock, yes.

Probably the bracelet is hands, same for all genders, 1 version, same as sandals and hat. Only torso and legs have 2 versions and are gender-dependant (I hate that). 

HOLD IT

WE NEED SOME CHARR ANATOMY EXPERT HERE

The first charr kinda looks like a girl for me. That long hair, the eyes. Is girl or boy? If it's girl, it confirms unisex shirt and pants at least

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DarkK.7368 said:

The first charr kinda looks like a girl for me. That long hair, the eyes. Is girl or boy? If it's girl, it confirms unisex shirt at least

It's a female. They get male versions of these skins, as it the case with charr skins most of the time. Anyone in this topic who vainly hopes that we'll get to choose hasn't been paying attention to how anet operates in regards to skin creation over the past 12 years.

Edited by ZEUStiger.3590
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am curious as to how this will be packaged and priced. Sold in sets or as individual pieces? I can imagine that part of the reason for not designing these as outfits is to be able to break them up and sell them as individual pieces where getting a complete swimsuit might cost more than an outfit while an individual piece would cost less.

I would think 450-600 a piece will be the price.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Nope! This is just a fun thing we wanted to share with you early! 
Next week is for that "Thing players have been requesting for over five years"... and a bunch of other stuff too! 

Account wide Harvesting Tool Slots?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Now, I have to decide which build will have their standard armor, and which are going to be the beach wear.  

Beach wear only during the Festival of the Four Winds. Save a gear tab! 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/31/2024 at 9:05 AM, frazazel.7501 said:

Ah! It's the thing that we've been asking for for the last 5 years!

Only 5 years?

There's probably a post from 2005 in a GW1 community asking for this. 🤨

For me it's not just the swim wear - it's the hope that I will finally NOT have to have a buttflap on my rear for light and heavy without it being a bulky armor suit instead. I'd prefer normalish form fitting pants or shorts without forced side panels, but a bikini will do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Super excited for these skins!! I have characters that really fit them so I'm hype to nab 'em and wear them around constantly

People will disagree with me, and I know it's moot point given that I heard these are apparently models that have existed for awhile now, but since I know Anet does pay attention to forums I want to just state-- PLEASE no gender-divided models for asura (or charr). On these, but in general.

They're my favorite races in gw2 for sure, and their ambiguity makes them feel super unique amongst mmo races-- its one of the things I really like about them! All the skins lately that pretend they have something going on on their chests are kind of a bummer. I'd rather anet not walk back on the lore and visuals for them established at launch.

There's nothing wrong with bikini skins themselves, of course-- they're fun! But instead of having it be a masc/fem divide, in the future maybe make it so EVERYONE gets one "bikini" and one "not bikini", instead of giving fem models two different bikini tops, and restricting the cute tropical shirt to masc models only haha. That way people can choose how they want their character to look without being forced into one option, fem charr and asura can be given equal access to either the bikini or shirt as they please, and people can then also use a more feminine look on their masc characters if that's how they prefer for their character to present. Reducing the number of unique designs done and adopting a more direct approach for translating them across models may cut down on some dev work as well.

Just wanted to put that forth towards anet for consideration! Thanks for all you do, I really like all the casual armor skins coming out lately! They're great as both a roleplayer and a heavy armor main hahaha

• Like 12
  • Confused 4

One thing I found interesting is the male versions of these appear to be different to the swimsuits the NPC tourists are wearing on Pearl Islet in Southsun Cove, which (as far as I know) is the only place outside Festival of the Four Winds you can see NPCs wearing swimsuits that aren't just underwear. The ones down on the beach are in underwear (player characters also get their armour hidden down there) but on the deck above are a few in custom swim suits, and they're all different to the ones shown in the first post in this topic: https://i.imgur.com/nSBsbeK.jpg

I always assumed if we did get swimsuits it'd be the ones already in the game, so it's interesting they took the time to design new ones instead.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

One thing I found interesting is the male versions of these appear to be different to the swimsuits the NPC tourists are wearing on Pearl Islet in Southsun Cove, which (as far as I know) is the only place outside Festival of the Four Winds you can see NPCs wearing swimsuits that aren't just underwear. The ones down on the beach are in underwear (player characters also get their armour hidden down there) but on the deck above are a few in custom swim suits, and they're all different to the ones shown in the first post in this topic: https://i.imgur.com/nSBsbeK.jpg

I always assumed if we did get swimsuits it'd be the ones already in the game, so it's interesting they took the time to design new ones instead.

Maybe those got lost, like some others previously stated by the Devs.  🤷‍♀️

13 hours ago, Oneiroid.9245 said:

Super excited for these skins!! I have characters that really fit them so I'm hype to nab 'em and wear them around constantly

People will disagree with me, and I know it's moot point given that I heard these are apparently models that have existed for awhile now, but since I know Anet does pay attention to forums I want to just state-- PLEASE no gender-divided models for asura (or charr). On these, but in general.

They're my favorite races in gw2 for sure, and their ambiguity makes them feel super unique amongst mmo races-- its one of the things I really like about them! All the skins lately that pretend they have something going on on their chests are kind of a bummer. I'd rather anet not walk back on the lore and visuals for them established at launch.

There's nothing wrong with bikini skins themselves, of course-- they're fun! But instead of having it be a masc/fem divide, in the future maybe make it so EVERYONE gets one "bikini" and one "not bikini", instead of giving fem models two different bikini tops, and restricting the cute tropical shirt to masc models only haha. That way people can choose how they want their character to look without being forced into one option, fem charr and asura can be given equal access to either the bikini or shirt as they please, and people can then also use a more feminine look on their masc characters if that's how they prefer for their character to present. Reducing the number of unique designs done and adopting a more direct approach for translating them across models may cut down on some dev work as well.

Just wanted to put that forth towards anet for consideration! Thanks for all you do, I really like all the casual armor skins coming out lately! They're great as both a roleplayer and a heavy armor main hahaha

This. Give us both options. I don't want my fem charr to be forced into a weirdly stretching "bra" like tattoo top does 😕

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just because details get overlooked, even NASA forgot to put a lens in the Hubble telescope:

Are the servers ready for everyone to login to buy and try on swimsuits all day? Are servers ready for the return of long absent players and their alt accounts?

Is the billing service that processes gem sales notified and ready for all of the traffic?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 9:16 AM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

On one hand: woo, roleplay and fashion wars options.

On the other hand: oh boy, bikini female meta armor incoming. Fashion aesthetics integrity at Asian MMO standards.

Which side of the fence do you stand on!?

Why not both? :classic_smile:
That's great to see this outfit option finally available since the assets have been in game since Southsun.  I'm with the other people who are hoping the beach chairs will also be in the gem store. 

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2